Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

VFS Inclino, Imperio, Origo News ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking how much more fun the Red User Party at NAB would be for Curt if he was completely caught up with shipping...

And what a totally off the hook celebration it would be if all of the Birger owners had their imperios as well and were walking around the party raving about what an amazing solution it is...

I can dream, right? :)
 
Trust me when I tell you, I am sure the last thing in the world Curt wants is to go to NAB without his product shipping.

I can only imagine how he feels.

It sucks

Jay

Well imagine it. I spoke with VF this afternoon. They will be out all of next week at NAB. The entire staff. They told me that I am about 2/3rds of the way down the order list (ordered 6 months ago) and that I can expect several more weeks before shipment. That is weeks, as in plural, not one week after NAB, but weeks after NAB. So well into May.

I asked about getting my unit as is, pre-antenna, and they said that more than they expected chose that option, but they had decided not to ship any more out early since the new parts were already in and they didn't want to ship twice. So, looks like a rental for my May 2nd shoot. :angry:

I had originally ordered a RED cable. I called to switch it to a DTAP. Its $10 more. So whomever it was that posted that people will get a free DTAP cable if they ordered a RED cable was flat wrong. Enjoy
 
For real? At NAB all week??

I know it's a massive marketing thing to be there and all of us would love to be there but it's hard to stomach a year into people waiting after paying and the pieces are all finally there and that everyone one of them is taking the week for marketing. This can't be right can it? It's their decision of course but personally, there is no way i could do it. Maybe a rep to show the product and hire an extra hand but for tools down for a week. No.....this can't be right.

Anyone, back on the bandwagon...
:couch:
 
Well imagine it. I spoke with VF this afternoon. They will be out all of next week at NAB. The entire staff. They told me that I am about 2/3rds of the way down the order list (ordered 6 months ago) and that I can expect several more weeks before shipment. That is weeks, as in plural, not one week after NAB, but weeks after NAB. So well into May.

I asked about getting my unit as is, pre-antenna, and they said that more than they expected chose that option, but they had decided not to ship any more out early since the new parts were already in and they didn't want to ship twice. So, looks like a rental for my May 2nd shoot. :angry:

I had originally ordered a RED cable. I called to switch it to a DTAP. Its $10 more. So whomever it was that posted that people will get a free DTAP cable if they ordered a RED cable was flat wrong. Enjoy

Guys, I don't know what to say. Just today we got 4 people on the phone that wanted us to ship their units ahead of the hundreds of people that have been waiting patiently for over a year. They gave us the choice of bumping them in line or canceling their order. I know we are running late but we really are doing the best we can to get these units out asap.

For delivery... I don't think we ever said it would be several weeks, maybe three weeks but not several. In regards to NAB... we paid outright for the booth in the middle of last year. We fully expected to have these shipped by the end of the year and its unfortunate that we are still slowly getting these out the door here in April. As many of you know, there is more to running a company than just engineering and manufacturing. If we don't at least try to do some marketing then we will have all orders shipped out but no future business. BTW, we aren't a multi-national corporation with hundreds of employees - we have 4 full time people, of which there is only one technical person (Me). If we cancel NAB then we loose out on what we paid for the booth & space, future sales, and networking that leads to more products and innovation. We met the guys from Red at NAB, Birger at NAB, Element Technica at NAB. All of those contacts led to joint cooperation on products that I think you can agree at pretty cool (even though late). Unfortunately I cant run the booth myself and really need John and Will's help at the show.

The original plan was to send out the initial 30 units and then send out the short range units to those that asked for it. We shipped out 15 of the initial units to various people (mostly local) and immediately got some feedback on firmware issues that needed to be remedied before shipping out more units. I am currently working on a final release of firmware that remedy several issues that people had - mainly weird LED behavior, motors not working on CAM power, inconsistencies between the manual vs. actual use, and motor commands to fix a bug that I hadn't seen before where the motor mysteriously would not respond to calibration commands. I have also enabled the 3D code to allow over 30 of our customers to do 3D shoots as requested.

We are working hard on this and are nearing completion. I appreciate those of you who have been encouraging us and we will get these out very soon. We have been shipping units every other day and will continue to ramp up on volume over the next few weeks. Heres a pic of the impero with the new parts and a little test I did with the motors to see how low I could get the current consumption down to. http://www.viewfactor.net/downloads/IMPERO-9VBATTERY.wmv (sorry its WMV)
 
Thanks for the update Curt. As always it is VERY appreciated to be kept in the loop on what is happening.
I understand the marketing thing at NAB and after a little while thinking about it i have come to the conclusion...'oh well, what's another week'.
 
Curt,
If you aren't going to supply the few hundreds unit as promised (March 23rd I have received a mail saying that if I want a unit that works for 150 feet and not that for 50 feet I can choose to wait 3.5 weeks which are 25 days, this is about today) you are not going to have anything in the future anyhow.
Do you think that people will trust the products knowing that there are such delays and bumps on the way.

I ordered the item April 2008 and now we are 12 months after. When i ordered the web site gave me the impression that it is a matter of weeks, so was you August-September mail so was November 2008 mail so was march 2009 mail, bottom line is that I paid you a few thousand and have nothing in my hand.
I stopped believed it will change. I think I lost my money.This is not a way to establish a business unless you don't intend to establish it.
Sorry for you, for me and for all of the people that put their faith and money in VFS.
 
Guys, I don't know what to say. Just today we got 4 people on the phone that wanted us to ship their units ahead of the hundreds of people that have been waiting patiently for over a year. They gave us the choice of bumping them in line or canceling their order. I know we are running late but we really are doing the best we can to get these units out asap.

For delivery... I don't think we ever said it would be several weeks, maybe three weeks but not several.

FYI, I was not one of those guys who gave VF an all or nothing choice. I can't wait to use it (insert your own pun). Nor was I intending anything other than sharing information with the subscribers of this thread.

So if Curt thinks three weeks is less than several weeks, then somebody is living on Island time. :)
 
Curt, thanks for the updates, much appreciated. As much as I want my kit yesterday (or last year or whatever), I know you're making the right choice with NAB. Hopefully you can have a few demo units at your booth so people can actually see it working and play with it. Wish I were going to NAB...

I understand peoples' frustrations, but can't believe people actually think delivering ultimatums of order cancelation would slingshot them to the front of the line.
 
I understand peoples' frustrations, but can't believe people actually think delivering ultimatums of order cancelation would slingshot them to the front of the line.

Yeah. I'm #2 and I'm just chilling till Curt feels he's got it right. I don't suppose creating this product has been an easy task. I'm not aware of any competing products I can run off and buy that have similar price/performance.
 
AS you notice... i didn't say s*** for couple a weeks...

I just want to say ..... Good things come to those who wait"(LOL).

1- Whether you're waiting for your Heinz ketchup to pour out onto your burger.
2- Waiting for Christmas day to open your gifts
3- Waiting for summer vacation to be let out of school.
4- Or waiting in line at the DMV... well, maybe not the DMV.
 
I'll be sure to visit you guys at NAB and get even more anxious by playing with the demos.

So is there the slightest chance we may get these by end of April?
 
Curt,
If you aren't going to supply the few hundreds unit as promised (March 23rd I have received a mail saying that if I want a unit that works for 150 feet and not that for 50 feet I can choose to wait 3.5 weeks which are 25 days, this is about today) you are not going to have anything in the future anyhow.
Do you think that people will trust the products knowing that there are such delays and bumps on the way.

I ordered the item April 2008 and now we are 12 months after. When i ordered the web site gave me the impression that it is a matter of weeks, so was you August-September mail so was November 2008 mail so was march 2009 mail, bottom line is that I paid you a few thousand and have nothing in my hand.
I stopped believed it will change. I think I lost my money.This is not a way to establish a business unless you don't intend to establish it.
Sorry for you, for me and for all of the people that put their faith and money in VFS.

Don't be sorry for me...as i'm not. I know what i got into and so did everybody else. This is the wagon, get on or get off. Sick of hearing the moaning. Yes it's taken WAAAY longer than everyone expected but that's just it. Why don't people who don't like it get a refund, buy something else, rent something else and buy the VF FF when it's out. If not, get over it, you paid for a product that wasn't finished and that's just the guts of it.

I apologize now if i have offended anyone but sick of seeing people moaning about this instead of sucking it up, making a decision and just moving on with things. I'm sure there are a lot more people who just want to get onto this thread to read updates and see peoples feedback.:thumbsup:
 
Yea, at this point, it's a take it or leave it game. You've waited 12 months, what's another few weeks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top