Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

The Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't know the full details of everything, regarding mounts.

For those of you upgrading, traditionally you send in the PL Mount or whatever Mount you have and the upgraded camera brain is sent back to you.

Things may be different this go around, but that's what's happened in the past.

Also, unless stated clearly, traditionally a camera brain doesn't include a lens mount unless it's part of a package or purchased separately.

There will certainly be "new to order" Helium brains on the horizon where you can do that.
 
really tempted to put an order back in for just one scarlet but would like to know full specs on the epic first, man oh man!
 
I cant afford any of these upgrade paths but I'm a raven pre-order and I have to say it really is just cool to see a company offer these options to customers, even ones who have cameras almost a decade old. I'm buying raven well aware that there isn't an upgrade path and also well aware that its an amazing camera, but just knowing it's from the company who does cool stuff like this is good enough for me.
 
I too am very interested in knowing at least some details of the DSMC1 deal, hopefully before Oct 11. I'm torn on whether there's any benefit at all to putting in a MG deposit now (and waiting) or just standing pat with the original Dragon.

Brent, perhaps you can simply offer us DSMC1 Dragon owners an opinion on what you would do in this case? Apologies if you've already done so.

Since I have gotten dozens of PM's with the same sentiment, let me address publicly...

If you have not sent in your EPIC/SCARLET DRAGON by now - and it is not actively being upgraded (meaning, on the upgrade line itself, cracked open), the ship has pretty much sailed. Given what is already in house, we won't be able to process any new orders by the deadline.

HOWEVER...

If you have a paid deposit by EOD Oct 10 for WEAPON Carbon Fiber 6K Upgrade Package (as is stands now), will will honor it after the Oct 11 date. My advice, if you have EPIC/SCARLET DRAGON, have a deposit in for this allows you to - post Oct 11 - choose to execute on the current WEAPON CF 6K Upgrade Package OR see what offers for EPIC/SCARLET DRAGON come alive as of Oct 11. Best of both worlds as far as options.

If you were pondering WEAPON Mg route, we will not be processing any of these post Oct 11, period. So, your option is to either do I stated above by getting a WEAPON CF 6K Upgrade Package or just simply waiting on what is announced on Oct 11.

As Jarred noted earlier, do not plan on any bundles this time. Pricing is going to be getting into EPIC-W brain with media bay OR WEAPON 8K HELIUM/6K with SIDEKICK/media bay/DSMC PL Mount 2.0.

If you have a bundle on order for RAVEN or SCARLET-W - and you choose to get out of that line into EPIC-W - you forfeit any associated bundled discounts.

Our goals with this launch are pretty straight forward:
* Taking care of folks who have been waiting a helluva long time for their cameras. We never imagined the demand we would get for SCARLET-W and RAVEN.
* Making our product line a little easier to digest.
* Presenting "limited time" options that will replace our (admittedly) somewhat convoluted upgrade paths.
* Casting a final net to those with RED ONE and DSMC1 cameras to get into the DSMC2 line with those said "limited time" options. Jarred's "leave no camera behind...".
* Presenting options we think are pretty darn generous to each class of customer. Though we know not all will agree ; )

Long story short, I cannot tell anyone what to do as each and every person has different needs, budgets, applications, etc. The good news is we are giving everyone a lot of information prior to Oct 11 so you should have a decent feel for things versus a kaboom that day....
 
The good news is we are giving everyone a lot of information prior to Oct 11 so you should have a decent feel for things versus a kaboom that day....

Thank you Brent :) looking forward to more awesome hints and infos... It is one of the most exciting times!
 
Weapon 8K mount

Weapon 8K mount

Brent,

Will the DSMC CANON MOUNT still work with the Weapon 8K cameras? Or will there be a 2.0 version like the PL Mount? Thanks!


Since I have gotten dozens of PM's with the same sentiment, let me address publicly...

If you have not sent in your EPIC/SCARLET DRAGON by now - and it is not actively being upgraded (meaning, on the upgrade line itself, cracked open), the ship has pretty much sailed. Given what is already in house, we won't be able to process any new orders by the deadline.

HOWEVER...

If you have a paid deposit by EOD Oct 10 for WEAPON Carbon Fiber 6K Upgrade Package (as is stands now), will will honor it after the Oct 11 date. My advice, if you have EPIC/SCARLET DRAGON, have a deposit in for this allows you to - post Oct 11 - choose to execute on the current WEAPON CF 6K Upgrade Package OR see what offers for EPIC/SCARLET DRAGON come alive as of Oct 11. Best of both worlds as far as options.

If you were pondering WEAPON Mg route, we will not be processing any of these post Oct 11, period. So, your option is to either do I stated above by getting a WEAPON CF 6K Upgrade Package or just simply waiting on what is announced on Oct 11.

As Jarred noted earlier, do not plan on any bundles this time. Pricing is going to be getting into EPIC-W brain with media bay OR WEAPON 8K HELIUM/6K with SIDEKICK/media bay/DSMC PL Mount 2.0.

If you have a bundle on order for RAVEN or SCARLET-W - and you choose to get out of that line into EPIC-W - you forfeit any associated bundled discounts.

Our goals with this launch are pretty straight forward:
* Taking care of folks who have been waiting a helluva long time for their cameras. We never imagined the demand we would get for SCARLET-W and RAVEN.
* Making our product line a little easier to digest.
* Presenting "limited time" options that will replace our (admittedly) somewhat convoluted upgrade paths.
* Casting a final net to those with RED ONE and DSMC1 cameras to get into the DSMC2 line with those said "limited time" options. Jarred's "leave no camera behind...".
* Presenting options we think are pretty darn generous to each class of customer. Though we know not all will agree ; )

Long story short, I cannot tell anyone what to do as each and every person has different needs, budgets, applications, etc. The good news is we are giving everyone a lot of information prior to Oct 11 so you should have a decent feel for things versus a kaboom that day....
 
This point has been a little confusing to me, but I THINK if you switch from the SW package to EW you forfit the package and it's savings. But I could be wrong here.

This will definitely be something to think about. I preordered the full package which on its own is a great deal. So to give up the package might be a tuff call...
 
This will definitely be something to think about. I preordered the full package which on its own is a great deal. So to give up the package might be a tuff call...

True, though the package discount is relatively small compared with the overall price of the bundle.
 
True true... But it is a great deal. For that extra $5k you really do get a lot. If you add everything up separately i think its close to a $2,000 savings if you were to piece all the items together. But a $10k savings on an epic isn't too shabby either. Really just need to see the exact specs of the EW before making a decision. We know what the Helium specs are, but thats just a piece of what we need to know. Hopefully the full spec sheet is released soon so that a lot of us have some time to make a calculated decision.
 
OK I won't send a PM ;)
for these two comments:
"As Jarred noted earlier, do not plan on any bundles this time. Pricing is going to be getting into EPIC-W brain with media bay OR WEAPON 8K HELIUM/6K with SIDEKICK/media bay/DSMC PL Mount 2.0.

If you have a bundle on order for RAVEN or SCARLET-W - and you choose to get out of that line into EPIC-W - you forfeit any associated bundled discounts."
1) OR Weapon 8K? Epic-W we are all talking about will be Heliun 8K with different frame rates at 8K versue 6K; what the brainn does and doesn't come with is important so earlier that is known the better (I expected maybe media bay and brain)
2) you forfeit any bundled discounts? I have a raven on order and the price for preordering is less than current retail - there is no bundle - so if I switch to Epic W this week - there is no impact other than ponying up the additiional deposit funds, right? and then see what crazy lket;s make a deal Jarred has for us on the 11th (at 00:00 hours I hope ;)
Thx for your patience and we will do same

And last request but please hdmi 2 out even if unuseable for capture with a recorder - let us preview/focus 8k at 4K
 
I have a question - and I don't have time to read 269 pages - so forgive me if it has been stated.

Can you upgrade from SCARLET-W to a WEAPON 8K S35 Helium? or is the only upgrade from SCARLET-W to EPIC-W ??
 
I have a question - and I don't have time to read 269 pages - so forgive me if it has been stated.

Can you upgrade from SCARLET-W to a WEAPON 8K S35 Helium? or is the only upgrade from SCARLET-W to EPIC-W ??


I have paid pretty close attention to this thread, and I can say fairly confidently that I don't believe this has been answered. I was wondering the same thing.
 
I have a question - and I don't have time to read 269 pages - so forgive me if it has been stated.

Can you upgrade from SCARLET-W to a WEAPON 8K S35 Helium? or is the only upgrade from SCARLET-W to EPIC-W ??

The deal is from Scarlet-W to Epic-W. From what I understand, the answer is 'yes' with Red's usual upgrade program, though it's a 2-stage upgrade, since the Scarlet-W doesn't have enough processing power for a 6K or 8K sensor, so it's both upgrading the brain and the sensor.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top