Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED ONE M-X Sensor Upgrade Program

I picked up and paid for #19 on RedDay Zero August 31st, 2007. Received my email from Nick at RED early afternoon 1/20/10. I dropped off the camera for the upgrade first thing in the morning on 1/21/10. As of this posting it is still in process, original estimate was 7-10 business days. Last communication from Nick was to expect it next week which, if ready by Thursday 2/4/10, is within the initial advice.

As of today my anticipation level has reached such a fever pitch I have had to up the medication to remain calm :eek6:

And yes, before it gets mentioned, I do have a life :skep:

Cheers - #19

Blair, when you get it walk outside on the first night, look in the monitor, crank the asa and faint. It's what I did.
 
Regarding the RR and upgrade bundle, Can we purchase the RR now and wait for the Upgrade as I'm sure we are month or so away...

Also is it possible to send back the old sensor with the upgrade? It would look nice in our studio's collection of camera's.


thx
 
Regarding the RR and upgrade bundle, Can we purchase the RR now and wait for the Upgrade as I'm sure we are month or so away...

Yes. Contact your bomb squad rep.

Also is it possible to send back the old sensor with the upgrade? It would look nice in our studio's collection of camera's.

Interesting question... Not sure what I would do with mine. I have too much junk as it is. I'm guessing RED won't want them floating around though.
 
Regarding the RR and upgrade bundle, Can we purchase the RR now and wait for the Upgrade as I'm sure we are month or so away...

Also is it possible to send back the old sensor with the upgrade? It would look nice in our studio's collection of camera's.


thx

Even after Jarred, mentioned few days ago that this is possible, I was told by Brian (bombsquad), that logistically they haven't figured it out yet and unfortunately this is not possible at the moment.
 
"No" to old sensor back. It is in the MX upgrade email.

And, yes, we had a bundle of RED Rocket and MX-Upgrade. Now splitting them into "pay for bundle now, ship Rocket now, do M-X upgrade when eligible" is a new wrinkle for us to figure out logistically. We are working on it and should have it sorted out soon for you guys...

BC
 
I picked up and paid for #19 on RedDay Zero August 31st, 2007. Received my email from Nick at RED early afternoon 1/20/10. I dropped off the camera for the upgrade first thing in the morning on 1/21/10. As of this posting it is still in process, original estimate was 7-10 business days. Last communication from Nick was to expect it next week which, if ready by Thursday 2/4/10, is within the initial advice.

As of today my anticipation level has reached such a fever pitch I have had to up the medication to remain calm :eek6:

And yes, before it gets mentioned, I do have a life :skep:

Cheers - #19

I think this is important! I am far behind you at #476, but I took delivery as soon at it was humanly possible.
I had one of the earliest prime sets orders, but got lost in the process, and got my set way later than many others - painful! It must be an incredible amount of requests, products, cameras and clients to go through, all things concidered I am mostly impressed. The agony of waiting and thinking ones camera has been forgotten is something one can easily loose sleep over.

CC is warmed up and ready to go!

Redusers, please call out when you get the mail, and your serial/delivery date, so we can keep track!

Thank you!
 
Hi. I have a doubt: I buyed my camera on last january´s first week. Can I upgrade the sensor?

Julian Ledesma. DOP Argentina.
 
Yes, but it will be a long time before they get to you.
 
To be fair, for those RED users making 'bank' with their camera(s), the decision to upgrade is pretty straightforward and painless. The incentive for the early adopters will be to get a quick ROI. And of the course that foresight would started back in circa 2006/7.

Those owners counting 'pennies instead of dollars' or owners toward the back of the line will have a different set of decision making variables. So the line for MX upgrade could be longer or shorter depending. And if the wait que gets to be excessive, many will perhaps decide the time and money will be better invested in the EPIC or Scarlet.
 
I know I am way down the list (2041) but it would be great if you could inform us periodically as to which serial number is upgraded. It will help us plan better.
 
way down the list

way down the list

I know I am way down the list (2041) but it would be great if you could inform us periodically as to which serial number is upgraded. It will help us plan better.

If you think you are way down, try 6340...now that is way down....
 
Yeah the whole point is no matter what our serial number is. It will still give us that little extra time to raise the moolah.
 
Stage 3?

Stage 3?

The R1 M-X Sensor upgrade program will begin next Friday (Jan. 22nd)

The price of the upgrade is $5750 and includes the M-X Sensor and Sensor Board replacement as well as the new upgraded Optical Low Pass Filter.

Customers that upgrade their cameras and decide to enter STAGE 1 or STAGE 2 of the epic program will receive a credit back of $1250 at the time they enter either of those 2 stages.

Footage from the upgraded cameras will need to be processed using a new version of REDCINE-X that will be released next week with the SDK to follow.

Please be advised that the upgrade turn-around time will be aprox. 2 weeks from when we receive your camera to when we ship it back to you so schedule your projects accordingly.

There is also bundle price for the sensor upgrade plus a RED Rocket™™™™™ card for $8750.

Customers will begin receiving email invitations to enter the program next week in order of R1 Delivery date.


Jarred

Would it not make sense to have a credit back for those who would like to enter stage 3 over stage 2, as in end RED would get the camera back with the upgraded sensor, or am I missing something here?

I would really like to upgrade to MX but know that I am set on a stage 3 upgrade, so to invest in the sensor would be a bit too much to spend. Guess I will have to wait to test the new sensor, when my number gets called to upgrade
 
Jarred

Would it not make sense to have a credit back for those who would like to enter stage 3 over stage 2, as in end RED would get the camera back with the upgraded sensor, or am I missing something here?

I would really like to upgrade to MX but know that I am set on a stage 3 upgrade, so to invest in the sensor would be a bit too much to spend. Guess I will have to wait to test the new sensor, when my number gets called to upgrade

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39841

They haven't replied to this question in previous threads and I doubt they will here. :-(
 
We are giving you options... you choose what is best for you. Since I have never seen anything like this trade-in program in any industry... any option seems fair to me.

Some are upgrading their R1 now, even though they plan on trading it is later, because they can easily earn the cost of upgrade back in a few months. Some just want the best image no matter what. Others can't afford to upgrade and trade in. Some can't afford to even buy a RED ONE. No worries on our end. Our job is to offer a great camera at a good value, treat our customers the best we can and listen carefully. But "free everything" is not a business model.

Jim
 
If we upgrade our R1 sensors, will we still have to make an immediate decision on when to trade up when Epic starts to ship? Or do we have an indefinite time period in which to enjoy the upgrade before adding or trading for Epic?
 
Back
Top