Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Red Epic Dragon #5232 "Kozmo" - Los Angeles

Really happy for you Phil.. After the new year and after I get back from Paris let's compare notes. Maybe I should take one of my Dragons to Paris!!!!
 
Maybe I should take one of my Dragons to Paris!!!!

That's a rhetorical question, right? Isn't it the city of light?

Anyway, can't wait to see what you pull off Phil.

Off topic (Phil would know better than anyone, anyway), but did RED ever say if they were going to release a similar IR cut OLPF for MX? Save a lot of trouble.
 
Thanks for taking the time, I know the Dragon requests some attention… ;o) I guess we all look forward to some samples of your work!

Congratulations, and I wish you lots of great stuff to shoot with.
 
Hmm....not sure if I should be happy or jealous. Happy implies I'm a more evolved human being. Since I haven't dragged my knuckles lately, I guess I will say congrats Phil!
 
Congrats, Phil! Well deserved. Can't wait to see the images that you make with it!
 
You would totally be my Santa if you posted a Dragon 4k vs MX 4k low light noise test
 
SA-WEET! Looking forward to reading/seeing more about your "up close and personal" experiences with the new beast, now that you own it! Congrats!
 
Congratulations Phil.
 
I know it means the world to you Phil. You have so much appreciate for RED it's ridiculous! This is your very own Dragon, to keep? Happy for you man, happy for the community too because I know your going to bang out some very useful and informative tests to share here.

One last question... how many stops of light are we gaining "offically" now in the lows?

For that I thank Jim and many of the unsung names at Red behind the curtain. It means the world to me.

Keep it coming man, so nice to hear these two facts.

I'm not sure whether to post anymore to encourage you, seems like when I have a technical question, Phil is there to nail it down. Your on your way man, it's good to see.

If you're curious, Black Shading hasn't changed since the prototype in July. Takes around 9 minutes. Pretty fast.

Also, I just put on a plain old 2.7 ND, 9 stops. I said wow out loud. Images coming. Stay tuned. Early word; Dragon's new IR Cut on the OLPF is wonderful.
 
Last edited:
Just the right guy to get this party started. Congrats!
 
Congrats Phil!
 
Back
Top