- Thread starter
- Admin
- #641
- Joined
- Dec 27, 2006
- Messages
- 10,644
- Reaction score
- 33
- Points
- 10
Hey Jarred-
Will there be a new RED drive? Something like a $1,000 dollar, 640 or 750GB module that clicks right in to the back, and than has FW and SATA ports on the side, so the module itself can be offloaded just like the old RED drive? I think this could be very useful, and more economical for many. I was hoping to use SSD as my high capacity media with my Scarlet, but with the module at $1500 without the media itself, I think it may be a few years before that comes around. So if there were a DSMC-centric new RED drive, that'd really be great. Thanks!
Peace,
-Harry
Hey Harry, unfortunately to make such a module the cost point would go against the reasons of you wanting one... There will be a module with a RED DRIVE port on it though for you to use existing RED DRIVES if you so desire.