Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

NAB13- Scarlet Upgrade Program

My rep emailed me to send the brain with everything attached : side SSD, lens mount and side handle...

What? Im confused I was just about to buy the Front Cap for future upgrade.
 
Unless something has changed. Here is the quote from the trade-in-Program:

For the SCARLET-X to EPIC-X MYSTERIUM-X trade-in, send in your SCARLET-X brain only. Please do not send in your DSMC Side SSD Module or lens mount. Additionally, RED recommends the use of a DSMC Front Body Cap to protect your sensor and OLPF during transit to RED. Please send your camera in with the original packaging and shipping materials. If you send a Pelican or other 3rd party case, you will be responsible for the return shipping charges of this shipping container.​
 
Guys, just remove your lens mount and SSD module, cover the SSD spot with its appropriate cover plate which was included with your camera, and cover the opening for the sensor/OLPF with little square of 2" gaff tape. Seriously, this isn't that hard to figure out.

33b5e7d2ba1811e29a8222000a1f8ccf_7.jpg
 
Guys, just remove your lens mount and SSD module, cover the SSD spot with its appropriate cover plate which was included with your camera, and cover the opening for the sensor/OLPF with little square of 2" gaff tape. Seriously, this isn't that hard to figure out.

33b5e7d2ba1811e29a8222000a1f8ccf_7.jpg
I never suggested that it was difficult to figure out dude, just wanted to check what everyone else is doing... and what RED was accepting...
 
Changing the lens mount is ridiculously easy and fast. Back focus adjustments if needed are not on the mount. There is a tiny screw the adjusts the sensor distance on the top of the brain.

THX for the info Bob
 
Where did you hear that? Everyone removes the mount themselves. 4 screws and switch the mount. I flop from Nikon, Canon, and PL all the time.

Trevor, I was under the impression that if you un-mount or mount the lens mount yourself, it could bring calibration issues? - back-focus? Probably unreasonable concern..
 
Where did you hear that? Everyone removes the mount themselves. 4 screws and switch the mount. I flop from Nikon, Canon, and PL all the time.

Bob, sorry I did not see you previous response and have now "deleted" that thread item. I was under the impression I have seen a thread somewhere in this forum, but I get it now

THX
 
I dont want to dig through 110 pages of posts on this thread, so how are people who originally bought a kit scarlet that did not ship with a front body cap dealing with shipping back to RED? Are you ordering the part and waiting to ship or sending back with a homemade cover?

I had a kit, and as soon as I talked to my rep on Friday, I ordered a front cap to be safe. I'm submitting my payment Monday. The cap is scheduled to be delivered Tuesday. I figured it's worth the $20 for the peace of mind. Should be able to mail it to Red Tuesday or Wednesday.
 
Yeah, I will be ordering one soon because I got called for my trade for Epic. Happy yes.. Ready to pay in full almost. People can say what they may about RED but the bottom line is.. I haven't seen a feature film made with a consumer camera, Sony, JVC, Canon. It has to be the professional cameras if so. RED has proven that I can take my dreams off the shelf and use a camera that the industry is using to make my films, I'm staying with RED rain or shine.
 
The front cup should have been included with the kit Scarlet just as they included the side-SSD cover. The cost for the kit is the same as the cost of buying the parts individually (yet it saves on packing material and shipping) and the front cup is included with the "brain only". This is not about $20 USD - this is about principals and (in)convenience...

Having said that - You will receive a front cup coming back on the new Epic brain - so my suggestion is that if you have received your Scarlet with the front cup (bought the brain only) - send it in with the front cup. If you have not received it with your Scarlet - send it in covering the front with some common sense protection (cardboard cutout and gaffer tape) and you will get the new Epic back with the front cup...

I am sure RED will have no issue with this what so ever (as they have seem to have confirmed here already)

Peter
 
Unless something has changed. Here is the quote from the trade-in-Program:

For the SCARLET-X to EPIC-X MYSTERIUM-X trade-in, send in your SCARLET-X brain only. Please do not send in your DSMC Side SSD Module or lens mount. Additionally, RED recommends the use of a DSMC Front Body Cap to protect your sensor and OLPF during transit to RED. Please send your camera in with the original packaging and shipping materials. If you send a Pelican or other 3rd party case, you will be responsible for the return shipping charges of this shipping container.​
Cant find the post but one of the Red reps said you can send it with usual package it doesnt have to be in original package..
 
Cant find the post but one of the Red reps said you can send it with usual package it doesnt have to be in original package..

That's true, the original box is not needed. Even the cap is optional, but highly recommended. As stated earlier, make sure it's properly covered.
 
My one was received Saturday, but they have said 7 - 10 day turn around, be surprised if any in the UK gets their epic this week.
 
Just got my email this afternoon, 7-10 day turn around anywhere in the world is amazing! Congrats to everyone with their upgrades!!
 
Back
Top