Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

NAB13- Scarlet Upgrade Program

PM me one business day before you plan an popping by the RSH store.

AFAIK, what Jarred quoted originally (end of May) still applies on fans....

Awesome Brent, I am in Cali right now actually ;)

Planning on stopping by the store in a couple weeks to grab some stuff. you know when the new fans will be on the shelf?

cheers
 
PM me one business day before you plan an popping by the RSH store.

AFAIK, what Jarred quoted originally (end of May) still applies on fans....

Hey Brent, I just ordered a top plate from RED. Should I email my rep about modify it for the fan upgrade?
 
Uhm... we have to modify our RED top plate to accommodate the new fans? It doesn't have enough space under that grid already? Well that sucks....
 
Uhm... we have to modify our RED top plate to accommodate the new fans? It doesn't have enough space under that grid already? Well that sucks....

Yup. No idea if third party ones will be ok yet. That goes for the front 15mm rod support adapter too.
 
Patiently waiting on my notification for sending my Scarlet-X to trade in for my EPIC-DRAGON. Cannot wait. In the meantime, trying to get as much work as possible with the Scarlet before I send it off.
 
Yup. No idea if third party ones will be ok yet. That goes for the front 15mm rod support adapter too.

Has it been said that front 15mm adapters will interfere? If so I'm screwed... I rely on my bottom 15mm rods (Viewfactor FMJ + 15mm) for follow focus. Nice. Oh welll......
 
I'm not going to give a definitely answer yet, but most third party top plates will be OK. Ironically RED's may be the only one that needs a little tweak. As for the front 15mm adapters, I believe you will need spacers added to accommodate the new grill which is an easy fix.

Has it been said that front 15mm adapters will interfere? If so I'm screwed... I rely on my bottom 15mm rods (Viewfactor FMJ + 15mm) for follow focus. Nice. Oh welll......
 
Yeeeah boy!! RED will have my Scarlet by 3PM today!!!I will be an EPIC man soon! Then making payments on that big ass bill =) It's worth it..now I can shoot real movies instead of holding back because of consumer cameras not doing what I needed...real slow motion without the look of cheap video.
 
Epic 5320 Neo has landed replacing Scarlet 1549, so cool, many thanks to Sam at RED Europe, your a star.

Filming in Venice shortly, just one of the best place in the world to shoot pictures, for the greatest camera in the world.

Thank you RED for making this happen.
 
Oh, and back on topic, I got an email today that my EPIC is ready to be allocated and it should be shipped in 3-5 business days. Hoping... hoping to see my new baby by the end of next week.
 
Got the tracking number comes in tomorrow :) can't wait
 
For people upgrading from Scarlet X to Scarlet Dragon x, I wish Scarlet Dragon x to have a complete new body with a different name so that it can be upgraded to Epic Dragon x. It is because of price difference between Epic x and Scarlet x, Scarlet name originated. People who are going to upgrade to Scarlet Dragon x (for original Scarlet owners this upgrade will be more expensive than the value of Epic x) then they deserve to be given a camera with a different name with an option to be upgraded to Epic Dragon X. Just my opinion :-)
 
For people upgrading from Scarlet X to Scarlet Dragon x, I wish Scarlet Dragon x to have a complete new body with a different name so that it can be upgraded to Epic Dragon x. It is because of price difference between Epic x and Scarlet x, Scarlet name originated. People who are going to upgrade to Scarlet Dragon x (for original Scarlet owners this upgrade will be more expensive than the value of Epic x) then they deserve to be given a camera with a different name with an option to be upgraded to Epic Dragon X. Just my opinion :-)

But still way cheaper than original Epic M buyers who paid $43,000 , or stage 4 was £28000, so you have had a very good deal. Electronics loose value over time, thats just life.
 
Electronic loose value over time but Red customers should not( according to Red philosophy) If scarlet Dragon x cannot be upgraded to Epic Dragon x then????
 
Back
Top