Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

VFS Inclino, Imperio, Origo News ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh yeah, no NDA and the two versions of firmware that I've been through are not even beta level. Definitively alpha quality:( If I had been told that the wireless pretty much didn't work, I don't think I would have gotten my unit. Right now the issues seems to be both a firmware issue and an antenna issue.

Matthew
 
What about an official statement from Viewfactor about all these problem reports? A lot of reservation holders begin to worry...

:undecided:
 
If the pitch is "wait for ever for a unit that doesn't work properly" - I don't know...

I think an official statement is very much needed!
 
Early testers, you guys should support VF more. The reason VF sent out early unit is let us know that they're still alive and kicking. It seems this backstabbing the original motivation. We all know this unit isnt 100% working yet whether beta or alpha. Most become more nervous after reading the reports. This is clearly the opposite from what you're hoping people to know.

You should put NDA next time, Curt
 
Early testers, you guys should support VF more. The reason VF sent out early unit is let us know that they're still alive and kicking. It seems this backstabbing the original motivation. We all know this unit isnt 100% working yet whether beta or alpha. Most become more nervous after reading the reports. This is clearly the opposite from what you're hoping people to know.

You should put NDA next time, Curt

I was never told that I was a tester and that there were such big bugs that it basically made the unit worthless in wireless mode. I really don't want to complain as I can tell that the unit will be a great WFF at some point, but I've had my unit for over 3 weeks and still haven't heard about getting a firmware update so I can keep "testing" the unit.

Matthew
 
I know, that is why Curt should do this next time. Let you guys know about it. This is miscommunication. I'm not trying to say that you're bitching Curt, so i appologize. But as far as i personally still willing to wait, i just want to support them yet altho i grew impatience.

But hey...happy shooting and thanks for the report. But please report more to Curt on any findings. And hopefully we will hear something official from Curt soon after these quiet weeks.
 
I can't imagine that Curt or someone from VF doesn't read this daily....very frustrating that we only seem to hear, "within the next month and a half". It's getting very old. I feel like we've been hearing this forever. Actually, I feel like a fool. I need to do something rather than nothing.

Anyone use one of the Cinevate Follow Focus systems?

http://www.cinevate.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=134
 
Nope, but have been looking at this and the RedRock.

Must say, the posts of the system being buggy aint sounding great. I can understand to a point about the wireless playing up on the units out there that arn't finished yet but i did think they were supposed to work up to 50ft...but not even 6ft...not good.

Anyway...
 
I checked out the booth and thought the units were coming along pretty nicely. I can tell its the home stretch and mostly just some coding issues.

I felt the controller didn't have enough drag, but then I tried a "newer/later" designed unit at the birger booth at REDuser event and it felt great. Really great. Wish the buttons were a little less plastic but for the money, this is going to be a good alternative to what is out there. Interested to try it on my P&S Skater. Motors are still a little on the loud side and larger than most, somewhat due to the drive gear being large.
 
It's always some sort of issue that isn't their fault.....naturally.

I'm starting to feel like I've been sold swamp land.
 
No replay or acknowledging from VFs... is rude.
Guess it's time to ask REFUND.
Will buy it when it's ready.
 
Please guys, let's give a little more time to Curt...
Too much problems there, I know, but I think that he's an honest and a reliable boy.
I think that he still deserve patience and respect.

I will not ask for a refund. I have faith.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top