Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Update......

Brent removed just the right amount of keys off my keyboard so i can't type out anything to do with that just yet :)

Jarred... Give me just a trade in discount on the OG Scarlet-MX brain and I would consider putting in a third reservation on a RAVEN brain. Beats dealing with selling it to someone I don't know.
 
sorry jarred, i think the second part of my question got seriously lost in the shuffle.
so now even the brain is delayed to march, no complaints, esepcially now i know the good news about being able to not loose your place in line and upgrade to a pkg…and there is more bits coming!
but im still curious if brain deliveries will still come first and now pkgs will like april?
or both the brain and pkgs now deliver at the same time, march.
im still waiting for the "bits" announcements before changing to a pkg, but this answer will help me decide when it comes to it.
side handle with power and focus/exposure! :)))
 
sorry jarred, i think the second part of my question got seriously lost in the shuffle.
so now even the brain is delayed to march, no complaints, esepcially now i know the good news about being able to not loose your place in line and upgrade to a pkg…and there is more bits coming!
but im still curious if brain deliveries will still come first and now pkgs will like april?
or both the brain and pkgs now deliver at the same time, march.
im still waiting for the "bits" announcements before changing to a pkg, but this answer will help me decide when it comes to it.
side handle with power and focus/exposure! :)))

The difference in the feb. vs. march shipping dates for packages was to do with the parts in the package being ready, not the brain so that didn't change, so those that were going to be shipped in march should still hold course and be march.
 
The difference in the feb. vs. march shipping dates for packages was to do with the parts in the package being ready, not the brain so that didn't change, so those that were going to be shipped in march should still hold course and be march.

ah, thats what i was hoping you'd say, so march it is still for packages! thank you!
ill probably upgrade to the i/o pkg.
and i still want to trade in my unused grey 512's for RED ones! possible? still in original pkg :)
 
The difference in the feb. vs. march shipping dates for packages was to do with the parts in the package being ready, not the brain so that didn't change, so those that were going to be shipped in march should still hold course and be march.

Exactly. Whether brain or package (assuming all bits in the package can ship) will be fulfilled by date/time stamp. One does not get allocation preference over another.

Brent removed just the right amount of keys off my keyboard so i can't type out anything to do with that just yet :)

And, Jarred, I fed your keyboard keys to Lacey. She should be pooping them out around NAB.

DISCLAIMER: Lacey is his dog, not a human. No animals were hurt in the making of this post.
 
i would totally take aluminum to save some $. But would also be interested in knowing what it might mean to just go straight to 8k weapon rather than receiving a 6k weapon and then sending back for an upgrade. Is this possible? How would that affect cost? Timing? It's time for me to make my end of the year tax write off purchases :-)
 
+1 save the 3k-5k on Magnesium upgrades. I got 2 magnesiums and that would help get more accessories :)
 
Exactly. Whether brain or package (assuming all bits in the package can ship) will be fulfilled by date/time stamp. One does not get allocation preference over another.

i mean, that is amazing. cant wait to have this camera, anyone have a drug that knocks you out until march?
 
I'm curious what it is about the requirements of the Weapon VV sensor that make them more difficult to build than a typical FF35 sensor.

Or is it just the normal yield and sensors-per-wafer limitations impacting such a large sensor, but since Weapon 8k won't have the volume of something like a Nikon DSLR it's tougher to amortize those difficulties?
 
i would totally take aluminum to save some $. But would also be interested in knowing what it might mean to just go straight to 8k weapon rather than receiving a 6k weapon and then sending back for an upgrade. Is this possible? How would that affect cost? Timing? It's time for me to make my end of the year tax write off purchases :-)

As Jarred mentioned, if you are thinking RED now, going WEAPON 6K then upgrading is the best route. Yes, eventually, we will take new orders for new 8K WEAPONS, but we have a significant existing orders on this slow-paced item, so don’t really see open 6K WEAPON upgrade orders bumping against 8K upgrade orders from a timing perspective.

i mean, that is amazing. cant wait to have this camera, anyone have a drug that knocks you out until march?

I would settle for 8 hours of sleep.

I'm curious what it is about the requirements of the Weapon VV sensor that make them more difficult to build than a typical FF35 sensor.

Or is it just the normal yield and sensors-per-wafer limitations impacting such a large sensor, but since Weapon 8k won't have the volume of something like a Nikon DSLR it's tougher to amortize those difficulties?

Obviously, it is combination of factors. The best way I have seen one factor explained is that making our sensors is like diamonds. Small diamonds are cheaper as less chance for inclusions. The bigger you go, the harder to find ones with less/no inclusions, therefore price goes exponentially up the bigger you go.

Like Jarred says below: Getting a pristine 8K sensor is far less likely than getting a pristine 4K. So exponential fallout means exponential cost.

It is a stupidly slow, expensive train with an intense QC process and making these sensors is almost impossible with a huge amount of yield fallout ( hence the price )
 
Last edited:
If i go CF and pay double triple of MG price,only thing im afraid of CF line losing half price on next upgrade.I understand Red policy with CF its more special camera and rental aimed.Few months earlier delivery dates than MG and it pays the difference itself on rental.What if im not rental house? I just want to buy more completed camera with faster internals and CF is the only option for me in here.
What do you say Jarred? On next path if there would be 5K $ difference with MG and CF it will be bummer CF owners.(non rental)
 
+ 1 for aluminum bits.

Personally, I would not object if the upgrade price stays the same but please, please, please, please make the Mg Weapon as capable as the carbon versions, many of us don't need a carbon body but need the same performance.

Thanks Jarred!
 
+ 1 for aluminum bits.

Personally, I would not object if the upgrade price stays the same but please, please, please, please make the Mg Weapon as capable as the carbon versions, many of us don't need a carbon body but need the same performance.

Thanks Jarred!
+1000
I dont need carbon body too.
Any updates on LDS Jarred??
 
Thanks Brent! I've got my weapon order in already :-) will keep waiting patiently!
 
Back
Top