Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED ONE M-X Sensor Upgrade Program

Marc, email blast on upgrade eligibility sent to you on June 1. Please let your rep know that John is your MX coordinator.

BC
 
if buy a red one now does it come with the MX sensor or would i have to get an MX upgrade? or i wouldnt be able to get an upgrade at all/?
 
after seeing the first serial number in the 4000s (October 08), I'm more curious than ever what the take rate has been. any guesses? it's now been (including the supplier delay) about 20 weeks... - at this clip, and with a high serial number, I think I'm going to gamble on MX then hope I'm able to maximize the time I have with it before my Epic email arrives.
 
I'm in, as soon as I get the email. I have some low light stuff that I want to do this summer. Being a high number owner, I was going to wait until after Epic and see if it would be worth it to me, but with Epic delays, I'll have do it first.

Now I just need to figure out how to break the news to my wife!

(it's always easier to ask forgiveness than permission!)

C'mon guys! Keep pumping them out! We're getting closer!
 
if buy a red one now does it come with the MX sensor or would i have to get an MX upgrade? or i wouldnt be able to get an upgrade at all/?

Danny my understanding is the MX sensor is only an upgrade at this time. You can buy a RED One with the Mysterium sensor and upgrade it later to the Mysterium-X sensor, but for now can't upgrade to MX at the time of purchase until existing RED One owners have had the chance to do the upgrade.

Having said that, the line seems to be moving fast, so I don't think the wait will be long.
 
excited

excited

4784 delivered early Nov 08, we are, and in the EPIC stage 2 queue. I expected it to be at least winter 10 before our MX # came up, but now it looks sooner! Such good news, we have had to rent an MX twice for low light already....bring it ON.
 
5711 hopefully soon as well.
 
4784 delivered early Nov 08, we are, and in the EPIC stage 2 queue. I expected it to be at least winter 10 before our MX # came up, but now it looks sooner! Such good news, we have had to rent an MX twice for low light already....bring it ON.

Don't jinx it! heh heh heh... We are rolling along at a good pace right now :)
 
With serial #7289 in our kit, the pace you're making has made me reconsider allocating some cash to get the upgrade done... I thought it would be a super-long time coming, but things are looking good for us :)
 
With serial #7289 in our kit, the pace you're making has made me reconsider allocating some cash to get the upgrade done... I thought it would be a super-long time coming, but things are looking good for us :)

When did you buy your camera, John? I am guessing after Oct 30th ... placing you in Stage 3.5

If it were offered to those of us in Stage 3.5 ... would the opportunity to keep your Red One for a $8,500 discount towards the Epic (rather than sending it in for the full $17,500 credit) be something you would take advantage of?

Would it also solidify your desire to MX upgrade?
 
I am thinking not to upgrade to M-X because I am satisfied with R1 as it is. Also I am saving money for Scarlet. Am I wrong about not upgrading?
 
I am thinking not to upgrade to M-X because I am satisfied with R1 as it is. Also I am saving money for Scarlet. Am I wrong about not upgrading?

I would advise the upgrade. You will have immediate access to EPIC quality images. You can continue to save for Scarlet. But do the upgrade.
 
Definitely, Upgrade. It's like having a new camera. You will never regret it.
 
When did you buy your camera, John? I am guessing after Oct 30th ... placing you in Stage 3.5

If it were offered to those of us in Stage 3.5 ... would the opportunity to keep your Red One for a $8,500 discount towards the Epic (rather than sending it in for the full $17,500 credit) be something you would take advantage of?

Would it also solidify your desire to MX upgrade?

If that option existed it would make the MX upgrade a no-brainer, as we'd end up with a pair of matched cameras at a good price, and wouldn't be wasting the utility of the MX in the meantime. It would mean recycling less of the system though, and we only own one set of lenses. A 17-50 on the Epic would fix that though...

With the gap between when the MX may be available to us and when Epic will become available as a stage 3.5 guy (our delivery was beginning of January this year) the MX upgrade looks increasingly as though it will be able to earn its keep in the interim. :smile5:

My two biggest complaints with Red One are the low-light performance and heavy/bulky form factor. Obviously Epic fixes both, but if I can get a year of use out of the MX in between then it will be worthwhile. I'd originally figured on a few months at most when keeping an eye on the original rate of MX turnaround, and with pre 'Bug' Epic expectations.

Bear in mind I'm a corporate producer, so although Red is incredibly cheap for what it does, I'm fighting the financial battle the other way around from film/tv guys: several $k to make a brilliant picture even more brilliant can be a hard sell when my typical customer last shot on an EX1. :rolleyes5:
 
Yeah! Just got the email to upgrade 4644. Walked out of a meeting about a feature where they want to shoot M-X, checked my email and there it was. Cannot wait!
 
Back
Top