Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED ONE M-X Sensor Upgrade Program

1976 (April '08) back in the house after six work days at Red. Short test looks great, on to a shoot in SF tomorrow...

Mike
 
Hello!

Maybe the question is already answered...

I would like to know what RED is offering customers, who will decide to enter Stage 3 of the Epic programm.

Stage 1 and Stage 2 will receive a credit back of $1250 at the time they enter either of those stages. Stage 3 has to send in the Red One...

Now we have a Bug. Maybe a lot of Stage 3 customers are interested in a MX-Upgrade...

Norbert



The R1 M-X Sensor upgrade program will begin next Friday (Jan. 22nd)

The price of the upgrade is $5750 and includes the M-X Sensor and Sensor Board replacement as well as the new upgraded Optical Low Pass Filter.

Customers that upgrade their cameras and decide to enter STAGE 1 or STAGE 2 of the epic program will receive a credit back of $1250 at the time they enter either of those 2 stages.

Footage from the upgraded cameras will need to be processed using a new version of REDCINE-X that will be released next week with the SDK to follow.

Please be advised that the upgrade turn-around time will be aprox. 2 weeks from when we receive your camera to when we ship it back to you so schedule your projects accordingly.

There is also bundle price for the sensor upgrade plus a RED Rocket™™ card for $8750.

Customers will begin receiving email invitations to enter the program next week in order of R1 Delivery date.
 
Deciding to do an MX upgrade at stage 2 level is essential but doing it for a stage 3 camera is quite scary, i just sent mine off today and am wondering how long i'm going to have it for and if it will pay for it's self before i hand it back to RED.
 
Where are we currently at in the list?

I'm January '09, and would love to be one of the people saying, "Take your time with Epic, I have M-X!". Unfortunately, it still looks like 3500(!!!) or more are before me.
 
SEEKING RED MX

SEEKING RED MX

Hey! I'm looking for a Camera Op with a RED MX for an upcoming feature! It's a psychological thriller/horror and our DP is a known horror DP. It's a great project and we're all very excited about it, but it's very low budget! Help! Anybody with a RED MX willing to help us out and work for ultra low budget rates?
 
Hey! I'm looking for a Camera Op with a RED MX for an upcoming feature! It's a psychological thriller/horror and our DP is a known horror DP. It's a great project and we're all very excited about it, but it's very low budget! Help! Anybody with a RED MX willing to help us out and work for ultra low budget rates?

aaaaaaaand that is why I'm curious as to where we are in the list...
 
I just got my MX email...exciting times...

Congrats team...
 
.

Now we have a Bug. Maybe a lot of Stage 3 customers are interested in a MX-Upgrade...

Norbert

A lot of owners had this idea, since the bug push back the delivery of the Epic to an unknown date. I don't think Red is opening again the stage two option so basically what we have is upgrading and then trading in at stage three or buying an Epic at a full price in stage four.
I hope that the bug issue will be resolved fairly quickly as Arri already announced the delivery of the Alexa at the end of June 2010.
 
I'm so sad I didn't go with Stage 2 + MX upgrade...
 
Mark,

I would recommend contacting your Bomb Squad Rep, they will get you in touch with our MX Department.

Best Regards,

Michael
 
Back
Top