Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Raven Queue Put Together

Honestly, this is tempting me to jump up to the SW. I cant see waiting a full year or more for allocation.
 
Looks like Raven allocation has stopped ever since Red announced the upgrade scheme. My suspicion, Red will be holding on the Raven allocations till the upgrade window time is over, which is 31st December.
As of now Red's priority looks like Epic W->Red Weapon->Red Scarlet-W. Looks like Raven is nowhere. :(

its actually not true, i have a friend, not on reduser, that got an allocation for his raven pkg on dec 6th.
i have no idea when he ordered but showed me the invoice to me to double check if it seemed correct.
 
Bad idea. I switched to S-W on the 27th of October with my 5 dec 2015 timestamp. The latest SW allocations from red were way after that so in theory I'd be in the #1 spot. (Which is in line with the SW-queue doc. by the way.) and still waiting.
 
Bad idea. I switched to S-W on the 27th of October with my 5 dec 2015 timestamp. The latest SW allocations from red were way after that so in theory I'd be in the #1 spot. (Which is in line with the SW-queue doc. by the way.) and still waiting.

That must be really disappointing Pieterjan, I hope you did not upgrade mainly in the hope of getting your camera earlier?
A good warning. I have been waiting since December 2015 as well and have considered to upgrade, but after hearing your story I am glad that I did not.
 
its actually not true, i have a friend, not on reduser, that got an allocation for his raven pkg on dec 6th.
i have no idea when he ordered but showed me the invoice to me to double check if it seemed correct.

This is a silver lining. :)
 
Could someone please add me to the list? March 11, 2015

Hi Holt
I wonder if you mean March 11, 2016 as they did not announce the Raven until September 2015?
cheers Richard
 
Just an FYI, I won't be updating the list again until we actually get a new allocation from RED. At that time I'll also update the list with all of the add/remove requests.
 
I just found this in the S-W Queue Thread, thought some people would like to know.

So my rep finally reached out to us.

The RAVEN queue waiting times have been unfortunate, I have just send another email to management, and your timestamp date suggests that you should be in the next batch of 2017 allocations.

Thank you for your patience, and we will have some good news for you in the New Year.



... except that I upgraded to the Scarlet-W back in October. Sigh. Atleast Raven orders now know there won't be any more allocations this year.
 
Thanks for the update Visar! I wonder what the "we will have some good news for you in the New Year" will entail for Raven wait listers. I'm going on 8 months strong for wait time since order on my Raven. My rep said to expect allocation in "Early 2017" for my April 2016 order.
 
Jarred's Holiday Update

Jarred's Holiday Update

And here's the proper update from Jarred that he just posted:

Seems like a good time to give you all an update on a few things.

Raven

Only word that really comes to mind is Clusterfuck. We will ship almost 5x as many Raven's this month as we did last month but the orders keep coming in unfortunately faster than we can push them down... it feels like a never ending battle. To most businesses that would sound like a dream come true, but it really screws up the entire system... and there is not enough profit in Raven to just add a whole new building and staff to facilitate making those at the speed we need to. Just to give you some transparency... we had a few massive Raven orders last month that alone would push things out well into next Christmas , and that is if we stopped making everything else.

So we are arresting new orders of Ravens till we catch up with existing orders.

Sorry Raven peeps... the wait has been and will continue to be painful.

I made a big mistake with Raven... it is just too good for the price and we can't make them fast enough and I have a feeling we never will. I need to take my lashings over that one so feel free to continue to send me hate mail over that one.

Brent suggests opening up the upgrade option from Raven to Scarlet-W again for those that just can't wait.. which we will do starting today... but really... if you are pissed off and sick of waiting please just cancel your order. Nobody will hold it against you, and if you can't wait I would prefer you to do so. I lose sleep over thinking of all you Raven guys and girls continuing to wait.

Let's do it. If you are a RAVEN deposit holder and want to move to SCARLET-W, contact your rep to have that done. You will keep your original RAVEN pre-order date/time stamp. More info....

Thnaks again for the Update Jarred and Brent, much appreciated.
 
Last edited:
I am leaning more towards the Scarlet and need to do a bit of research in the differences.

As far as I know, Scarlet has the ability to be upgraded, however the Raven isn't?

Just learnt there was a motion mount also which would be brutal badass to buy, but expensive. I can see why some epic tech in a small mount..
 
Only difference in upgradeability is the lens mount, it's just DSMC2 with a fixed mount.
The motion mount seems to be a great tool, but utterly expensive indeed, and of course impossible to use with a Raven .
 
Sorry guys, we all have to wait more. This is what Jarred has to say on Raven in his holiday update thread:

"Raven

Only word that really comes to mind is Clusterfuck. We will ship almost 5x as many Raven's this month as we did last month but the orders keep coming in unfortunately faster than we can push them down... it feels like a never ending battle. To most businesses that would sound like a dream come true, but it really screws up the entire system... and there is not enough profit in Raven to just add a whole new building and staff to facilitate making those at the speed we need to. Just to give you some transparency... we had a few massive Raven orders last month that alone would push things out well into next Christmas , and that is if we stopped making everything else.

So we are arresting new orders of Ravens till we catch up with existing orders.

Sorry Raven peeps... the wait has been and will continue to be painful.

I made a big mistake with Raven... it is just too good for the price and we can't make them fast enough and I have a feeling we never will. I need to take my lashings over that one so feel free to continue to send me hate mail over that one.

Brent suggests opening up the upgrade option from Raven to Scarlet-W again for those that just can't wait.. which we will do starting today... but really... if you are pissed off and sick of waiting please just cancel your order. Nobody will hold it against you, and if you can't wait I would prefer you to do so. I lose sleep over thinking of all you Raven guys and girls continuing to wait."

So, next year it is and no one knows when!
 
Next Christmas!? My god...

Any info about the upgrade option from Raven to Scarlet-w and if this if possible when you ordered though a reseller?
 
Only difference in upgradeability is the lens mount, it's just DSMC2 with a fixed mount.
The motion mount seems to be a great tool, but utterly expensive indeed, and of course impossible to use with a Raven .

I am actually reading a bunch more such as 3D LUT support, exchangeable OPLF's and anamorphic support, this all seems important to me as I am planning to not need another camera for a while...

Also by upgrade ability I mean, changing out sensors later, etc. I think I read once you can't do any of this with a Raven?

Kind of wish I went to Reducation we had a little while ago now! I guess I'll bother my rep sometime in the new year about it.

Have a great break peeps! :)
 
The Scarlet-W is the better (albeit - flexible) camera at such a close price point. Raven was the show stealer at the price point. But, not being able to get hands on it quickly has slightly diminished the incentive. The time spent in the wait queue will have afforded many the time and resource to close the cost gap of a Raven vs Scarlet-W. Scarlet W seems to be hitting better shipping numbers than Raven at this point.
 
This is EXACTLY what I said was going on a while back on Reduser when it came to Raven orders. It's just basic economics. We ended up buying a Scarlet-W and a used Raven as a b-cam. I have to chuckle a little with the enthusiastic "let's do it!" comment regarding "letting" people upgrade to a Scarlet-W for obvious reasons, but honestly with having both models in hand, I have to say I've been using the S-W 90% of the time. The added FOV and finer grain (after down converting due to resolution) over the Raven is just beautiful. Totally worth it.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top