Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Feels Like a New Sensor in Weapon

Bjorn,

Wow the 6500asa looks very impressive. Could you tell us which OLPF you were using? I assume the Vimeo H264 compression has minimised some of the grain? I am yet to shoot a project that requires me to push the Weapon's exposure but looking at this I will feel a lot more confident in doing so.

In regards to CMOS smear I have done some tests with the Weapon where we pushed it hard and I saw no CMOS smear worth noting. I could say with confidence that CMOS smear is not an issue with the Weapon.
 
Bjorn,

Wow the 6500asa looks very impressive. Could you tell us which OLPF you were using? I assume the Vimeo H264 compression has minimised some of the grain? I am yet to shoot a project that requires me to push the Weapon's exposure but looking at this I will feel a lot more confident in doing so.

In regards to CMOS smear I have done some tests with the Weapon where we pushed it hard and I saw no CMOS smear worth noting. I could say with confidence that CMOS smear is not an issue with the Weapon.

Standard olpf and nothing done to the picture except changing tint and kelvin. You can download the 2k process 444 from vimeo. it should show the grain structure which I think looks fine for what it is... me not pulling focus, is a bigger problem :)
 
At 6500iso it really feels like a new sensor.


That's because it is a new sensor. (maybe)

Red snuck in a new sensor (the Dragon2) and are keeping quiet about it.

This new Dragon2 sensor solved a lot of problems that new boards alone could not quite fix.

Gee... I wonder if my conjecture is correct.

:)
 
Is anyone else seeing the black artifacts in the lens flare as the first car approaches? (I think it's 0:16 or 0:19) What is that?
 
Is anyone else seeing the black artifacts in the lens flare as the first car approaches? (I think it's 0:16 or 0:19) What is that?

I'm seeing some artifact of the super saturated blue from the lens flare. I'd love to see a side-by-side of DRAGONcolor and DRAGONcolor2 of that specific thing.
 
On the weapon, though you can push the sensor to 2000 iso, I still prefer shooting at 320 iso. This probably now is less dependent on the sensor, and more on the cinematographers lighting approach. So I think it's no longer the sensor dictating the art, but the art dictating the use of the tool.
 
We shot on a Carbon Weapon yesterday, Skintone OLPF btw 800 and 1600...and it BLEW MY MIND!!!!

OMG - huge improvement over Epic Dragon!!!!!

Can't wait for our upgrades!!!
 
Back
Top