Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

EPIC Stage 3

I don't think delivery date is how this will work. We are #3033, paid Jan 7th, 2008, camera came in Feb. So many cameras were ordered and sent out in a short time, I think they will do e-mails on your serial number. I'm not worried about a couple weeks either way, I'm more excited that the wait will finally be over.
 
Has officially begun.

First batch of customers will be notified today, based on RED ONE delivery date.

Happy new year :)

I'm not sure what this means then if delivery date has nothing to do with emails sent.

I think delivery date is a factor.
 
I don't think delivery date is how this will work. We are #3033, paid Jan 7th, 2008, camera came in Feb. So many cameras were ordered and sent out in a short time, I think they will do e-mails on your serial number. I'm not worried about a couple weeks either way, I'm more excited that the wait will finally be over.

Hi Will - you sure you didn't get your camera in 2009? I am #1297 and received mine in April 2008. Not sure how you could have received a much higher serial # a couple of months before that? And I do believe RED has said it will be by delivery date (not serial #) as they have done with most upgrades.

EDIT-see quote above...
 
I don't think delivery date is how this will work. We are #3033, paid Jan 7th, 2008, camera came in Feb. So many cameras were ordered and sent out in a short time, I think they will do e-mails on your serial number. I'm not worried about a couple weeks either way, I'm more excited that the wait will finally be over.

It's got to be delivery date, because I'm #679 and did not get an email yet, while we know that Luis and his #711 did. Believe me I wish it were serial number.

By the way how did you at #3033 get notice that your camera was ready to be paid for in Jan of 2008 and get it delivered in Feb '08? I just went back and looked at my old emails from Red way back in 2008 and it looks like I got the heads up for my #679 and accessories in early / mid Feb of 2008, and my wire finally got sorted at the very end of Feb '08.

Man, I usually lie low on here and don't take part in this type of conjecture but I want my Epic so bad I can taste it, lol! I pretty much figured that I'd be in the first or second batch of Stage 3 but if people all the way in the 3000's got their Red One before me, this could be a very long wait.

All that said, get well Brent and my thanks to you and everyone else at Red for all of the hard work!

Cheers,

Omar
 
Hi Will - you sure you didn't get your camera in 2009? I am #1297 and received mine in April 2008. Not sure how you could have received a much higher serial # a couple of months before that? And I do believe RED has said it will be by delivery date (not serial #) as they have done with most upgrades.

EDIT-see quote above...
My camera serial number is 3002 and my delivery date was Sept. 24th, 2008 by my invoice. I wonder how serial number 3033 was delivered earlier in Jan. as when my number came up and email I paid immediately for the camera in Sept. 2008 Seems strange, later serial number but earlier delivery date?

Anyway, it is whatever it is.
 
I don't think delivery date is how this will work. We are #3033, paid Jan 7th, 2008, camera came in Feb. So many cameras were ordered and sent out in a short time, I think they will do e-mails on your serial number. I'm not worried about a couple weeks either way, I'm more excited that the wait will finally be over.

Are you sure you don't mean Jan 2009? Mine was #2922 and delivered in Oct 2008....
 
I don't think delivery date is how this will work. We are #3033, paid Jan 7th, 2008, camera came in Feb. So many cameras were ordered and sent out in a short time, I think they will do e-mails on your serial number. I'm not worried about a couple weeks either way, I'm more excited that the wait will finally be over.
imposible, unless you're Jim's cousin...:)
 
Maybe just a practical joker? He posted another time saying that some Stage 3 people had upgraded to Stage 2.
 
I received cam #2855 in September 2008...
 
Now that Stage 3 has started (great news) - I'm having trouble remembering just exactly what's all included in the standard upgrade package ? Can't seem to find any links... can anyone point me in the right direction?
thanks in advance!
 
If you were blasted Stage 3 on Friday (Jan 13) and confirmed you are ready to go - but have yet to receive an email back from us, please resend to the trade-in email address. We have replied to everyone. But, we have quite a few people reporting that they did not get our replies so it seems a junk filter along the way is gobbling them up. Please whitelist that email (or the whole RED.com domain) as well.

BC
 
I guess I am the unlucky one, have replied to trade-in and got nothing back.
Not in a junk either.
Thanks

Brent, is your cold gone?
 

I vote consolidating all Stage 3 comments to EPIC Stage 3, the last thread in Tehben's list. Not sure how it could be done...
 
Albert, I just re-sent our follow up email to you. We had a minor email issue, but that has been resolved.

If anyone else received their initial email, but has not heard back from us, please send another email to Trade-in at RED dot COM and we will send you the approrpriate information.

-Brian
 
Back
Top