Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

EPIC Stage 3

Tehben,

Thanks for the updated list. I was under the impression that we will be getting same serial number for Epic-x as RED one Serial number.
Is there a way to find what could our serial # reserved for us? May be I shud ask this question to Bomb Squad, but in case anyone tried to reserve a particular number and succeeded.
 
I just checked the Stage 3 spreadsheet. It looks like only 40 stage 3 epic orders have been completed. I know that can't be accurate, but I wonder what percent of Epic Stage 3 orders have actually been completed? 10%, 20%, 5%?
 
I just checked the Stage 3 spreadsheet. It looks like only 40 stage 3 epic orders have been completed. I know that can't be accurate, but I wonder what percent of Epic Stage 3 orders have actually been completed? 10%, 20%, 5%?

Those spreadsheets ( there are a few of them ) are completely useless at anything except for driving you guys crazy :)
 
Those spreadsheets ( there are a few of them ) are completely useless at anything except for driving you guys crazy :)

Hahaha :)

Actually the point is that because while yes the list is no where near complete, there are enough people scattered on it from throughout the entire "field" you can get a pretty good idea of what month you guys have caught up to with processing ;)

BTW mine just arrived on Monday! I would like to thank You Jarred, Jim, Graeme, Jennifer, Kris, the entire RED team and reduser for this amazing camera and the opportunities this revolution in filmmaking has opened to me.
Thank you all!
 
Tehben is correct the list has always been just a reference for me to see generally where the process is. I found it very useful as my email from Red was filtered by my computer to my junk mail and I would not have know unless I saw that folks with similar serial and delivery dates were getting their notices and then I looked around my junk mail and was amazed.
This might be exactly what its for. Not really an exact science but a very useful tool.

Oh, and my Epic arrived just as I was pulling up from returning from a multi month shoot yesterday. I saw the FedEx truck in front of me as I was driving home from the airport with my wife and thought I wonder if my camera is on that truck not knowing it was. We both pulled up to the house at the same time and what a surprise to come home to. So was my wife because I had not explained the total plan of trading in the R! and having to get a bunch of new gear to make the new one work so thats a hole different story. Kind of wish it happened when she was at work.

I must say all the reading and talk on Reduser doesn't even come close to the amazing camera it really is when its in your hands and you start to play with what it does and you realize that its yours to do with what you want.... I felt like I was holding a pice of history and the future all at once.
Jarred, Jim and everyone at RED and I do me everyone, even the guy that sweeps the floor thank you for bringing the camera of my dreams to life...
 
Those spreadsheets ( there are a few of them ) are completely useless at anything except for driving you guys crazy :)

Scarlet one was pretty accurate within 1-2 people.
 
I got the mail today! In a few days I can send in my R1 #817 (delivered Jan 2009)!

I'm so exited! I canot believe what happend over the last years and that the whole idea of RED spread over the planet and really changed everything!!!
It feels so good to be one of the first 1000 that supported RED in their first development phase. I remeber how sceptical everyone was of the idea shooting digital. Even when I got my Camera in 2009 it was hard to convince production companies and DOPs to shoot on RED and the pipelines of the postproduction houses were very basic or not present... And now: Its a worldwide standard! And RED is developing more and more of them!

Thank you so much to all of you at RED! It is amazing what you have acomplished and the biggest gift for all of usl! It sure was hard work and a long bumpy road to go!
But I hope you still say it was worth it.

cheers,
Hilmar
 
I got the mail today! In a few days I can send in my R1 #817 (delivered Jan 2009)!

I'm so exited! I canot believe what happend over the last years and that the whole idea of RED spread over the planet and really changed everything!!!
It feels so good to be one of the first 1000 that supported RED in their first development phase. I remeber how sceptical everyone was of the idea shooting digital. Even when I got my Camera in 2009 it was hard to convince production companies and DOPs to shoot on RED and the pipelines of the postproduction houses were very basic or not present... And now: Its a worldwide standard! And RED is developing more and more of them!

Thank you so much to all of you at RED! It is amazing what you have acomplished and the biggest gift for all of usl! It sure was hard work and a long bumpy road to go!
But I hope you still say it was worth it.

cheers,
Hilmar

no, thank you Hilmar.. !
 
Those spreadsheets ( there are a few of them ) are completely useless at anything except for driving you guys crazy :)

That's hilarious and true Jared:) However they do relieve some of the anxiety in respect to those that reveal having received their epics and original shipping dates/serial number. Theben Dean has been doing a great job!
 
That's hilarious and true Jared:) However they do relieve some of the anxiety in respect to those that reveal having received their epics and original shipping dates/serial number. Theben Dean has been doing a great job!

Actually I found the spreadsheet very useful and as the emails were sent out and the updates were shown on the list, as it went further down the list and yellow started getting closer to my name, it was very close timing wise when the person closest to me on the list got their email, mine came just after that. So, I thank everyone who kept the list up as it was great to have. Having the delivery dates there also helped shed more light on our status.

For those that didn't put their delivery date, more confusing.

But thanks to those who kept the list. For me helpful and the camera is in my hands now.
 
Those spreadsheets ( there are a few of them ) are completely useless at anything except for driving you guys crazy :)

Thanks, I thought the same thing. Everyone is just trying to get a time frame. But there are so many factors in the stage 3 process I guess it's almost impossible to tell. I can't complain about Stage 3 it's amazing and unprecedented, just looking for any info RED can spare.
 
Back
Top