Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Dragon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note Jarred's original email. Not Dec 1 yet, hehe.

Once we get them in and begin validation on them, we will be able to set blasting schedule. Trust me, we want to get them to you as badly as you want them.

Don't forget to have a have a good turkey day break in between now and then!
 
did not get upgrade yet…working on a new show..shooting 35mm….but soon HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
 
There might be a couple of folks still at Red stoking the Dragon fire at Red those two days, hehe.

That reminds me, I need to do my holiday post to remind our international friends of Thanksgiving!
 
Hi Brent,

I'm working with a University that owns an Epic-M. I advise them on what equipment to invest in, but I'm not the final decision maker. That is to say I don't receive their e-mails from there bomb squad rep. Therefor I'm a bit confused about their Epic-M situation.

I should have a discussion with them next week about upgrading their camera to Dragon.

What is the status here? I'm understanding Epic-M has some sort of priority, but I believe I read comments about a certain window period to place pre-order after NAB 2013. They haven't place any pre-order yet.

If they do order Dragon update in the 2 to 3 coming weeks, where do that put them in RED's priorities?

I'd like to be has accurate as possible when I talk to them. Thanks.
 
I'm still undecided which way i'll go with my Scarlet. At first i thought a Dragon Scarlet will be everything i desire, but that path through a EPIC-X is very interesting too. One question comes in mind, with these 3 options:
1.) upgrade to Scarlet-Dragon
2.) upgrade to EPIC-X, then EPIC-Dragon or
3.) pre-ordering a EPIC-M Dragon
which one would be the fastest way to get a Dragon here?
 
Hi Brent,

I'm working with a University that owns an Epic-M. I advise them on what equipment to invest in, but I'm not the final decision maker. That is to say I don't receive their e-mails from there bomb squad rep. Therefor I'm a bit confused about their Epic-M situation.

I should have a discussion with them next week about upgrading their camera to Dragon.

What is the status here? I'm understanding Epic-M has some sort of priority, but I believe I read comments about a certain window period to place pre-order after NAB 2013. They haven't place any pre-order yet.

If they do order Dragon update in the 2 to 3 coming weeks, where do that put them in RED's priorities?

I'd like to be has accurate as possible when I talk to them. Thanks.

You`d swear blind that it would be logical that M`s would carry a upgrade priority over X`s for life to maintain the cachet of the M brand. Would make total sense...but that is NOT the case.

M`s are the same as X`s in RED`s eyes. The window for priority upgrade was as short as humanly possible.
 
Okay, I went back to Jarred's first post, and now I see the foot notes:

* Refers to pre-orders placed during the exclusive "EPIC-M / Early Adopter / Purchased EPIC-X Within 30 Days of NAB” ordering window. Remember, this was between Monday AM and Thursday AM of NAB 2013 where only those customers who qualified could place upgrade or new EPIC-M DRAGON pre-orders.

** Since BOMB SQUAD has been getting a lot of calls on this, Priority 2.2 is where EPIC-M DRAGON / Early Adopter upgrades would be processed if not part of the "EPIC-M / Early Adopter / Purchased EPIC-X Within 30 Days of NAB” ordering window. No priority between EPIC-X and EPIC-M at this level, orders will be processed by date/time stamp.

So at this point, their M has no more priority than my X. Got it.

Since I'm also reading that this upgrade program is not going to last forever (which is understandable)… Do we know if we will be noticed ahead of time that the upgrade program is closing, when it's happening?
 
Dragon update

Dragon update

Our next round of sensors will be rolling out December 1st

Hi,
After receiving the sensors when do you think can the upgrades start if there are no other hiccups?

Thanks

Harcharan
 
I'm still undecided which way i'll go with my Scarlet. At first i thought a Dragon Scarlet will be everything i desire, but that path through a EPIC-X is very interesting too. One question comes in mind, with these 3 options:
1.) upgrade to Scarlet-Dragon
2.) upgrade to EPIC-X, then EPIC-Dragon or
3.) pre-ordering a EPIC-M Dragon
which one would be the fastest way to get a Dragon here?

Epic M dragon, will be the first, the Scarlet Dragon will be the slowest.
 
Epic M dragon, will be the first, the Scarlet Dragon will be the slowest.
Thanks.

Yep, i should have re-read Jarred's post before asking that. ;) New EPIC-M gets 2.1 priority, higher than EPIC-X and Scarlet-Upgrades.

That EPIC-M/D in store really made re-think everything...
 
How many Dragons are out in the wild now? Seems like only a handful and some carbons.
 
Our next round of sensors will be rolling out December 1st. This batch is much bigger than the last one, but unfortunately this does not mean everyone is going to be getting Dragons for Christmas...

Any update to the update? December 2nd today. Thanks.
 
Hopefully we'll hear something today :-). I need to buy new 512mags ASAP as well but waiting to hear about the minis :-).
 
Hopefully we'll hear something today :-). I need to buy new 512mags ASAP as well but waiting to hear about the minis :-).

Well, the minis will require a new SSD, as well, which adds to the cost of update. Now, maybe an adapter will allow the minis to function, to some degree in the old SSD, if an adapter is even offered. Then there's the cost of the minis, vs. the old media... Seems a new Dragon, with warranty and optional Red Armour has appeal (sell Epic, at current resale prices). The oddity may be that the current "shipping" Dragon CF, will have an SSD, brand new, that will likely be replaced, by most owners, in less than a month, depending on when and what type of materials are used, in the newer SSD's.

Thank you very much

Fury
 
We made it an adapter prototype and it was horrible... Janky as Janky could be, and the signal from double connections that an adapter requires proved to not be 100% dependable... so cross that off your list.

Carbon Dragons purchased between last month and until the mini mag Carbon Fiber modules start shipping early next year can switch their Full size Carbon Red Mag Side Modules that they ship with to the Mini-Mag Carbon Side Modules for no charge. This only pertains to the Carbon Fiber as the normal aluminum mini-mag Side Modules are only a few weeks away from shipping.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top