Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Backorder Update January 13

Trust me.. this has kept me up at night. Just ask anyone at RED.. I've had rather embarassing temper tantrums behind closed doors over knowing some of our customers are being shipped camera brains with no way to actually using them.

The good news is that manufacturing has responded. The most important bit.. the Touch LCD, will be out of backorder next week. Redmotes will follow. New tech to manage the hundreds of thousands of components we need to make our products and make sure they are prioritized according to demand is being brought up.

I know its hard to see the good happening behind all this.. but we really are a new RED now. For the last couple years, Jim and I would give dates that usually turned out to be wild guesses from engineers. We have the smartest engineers on the planet ( seriously ) but they are the absolute last people one should ask the question "when".

Come the end of March.. Dates will be driven by manufacturing. Like it should be.

Personally, I think it is a great experience seeing a company mature right before my eyes. Like people (and no, corporations are NOT people - lol), companies don't just spring forth fully formed but take time to grow, mature, adapt to the market and find out who they really are. I think RED has been remarkably adept at this, thanks to the combined experience and immense talent of their management team, their obviously effective hiring practices and their great vision. It's fun to think of just where this will go in the next 2, 5, 10 years! :thumbup:
 
Personally, I think it is a great experience seeing a company mature right before my eyes. Like people (and no, corporations are NOT people - lol), companies don't just spring forth fully formed but take time to grow, mature, adapt to the market and find out who they really are. I think RED has been remarkably adept at this, thanks to the combined experience and immense talent of their management team, their obviously effective hiring practices and their great vision. It's fun to think of just where this will go in the next 2, 5, 10 years! :thumbup:


+1!
 
Not sure what happened with your order, but i do know the next batch of carbon fiber comes in on Valentines day, all Mattebox backorders should be cleared out within a few days after that.

Jarred, what are you doing here on Super Bowl Sunday!

(Come to think of it, what am I doing here on Super Bowl Sunday?)
 
I don't like to be a complainer and I know Brent has said that order processing is major point of emphasis for the remodeling of the Red Store that is going on behind the scenes as we speak, but I did have a worrisome situation that had I not seen another people on RU post about it...would have probably resulted in a delay in receiving product.

I ordered a Redmote back on the 3rd and I paid with a credit card that was still current. I get an e-mail a couple of Fridays ago saying that my Mote was allocated and to not respond to the email unless <insert list of things that didn't apply to my situation>. So I wait until after the quote 5 business days of processing time have passed and send my BSR an e-mail to see if I'm still on track for delivery.

The response is that I didn't have enough funds in my Red account to pay the remainder on the Mote so they couldn't process it.

But again, the list of reasons to reply to the allocation e-mail didn't apply and I had paid the deposit with a current credit card. Worst of all is that my BSR made it sound as though he knew there was a problem and I wasn't contacted to ask what needed to be done. These sorts of problems could be very big depending on the item and the timing. Luckily I'm not dying to get my Mote as I don't "need" it right away. But I saw one guy who had the same thing happen with a media order that he needed right away. That is a pretty scary thought!

Like I said, I don't want to be a complainer and I do get that these things are being worked on, but I feel like it is in everybody's best interest for these things to be out on the table.

Thanks!
 
I have a Ti Canon mount that would like to travel. Long term rent would be no problem. So let me know you pay for shipping out of sweden and we charge by the "rent me app" prices with high demand... it gives the following:

60USD /day
240USD/week
180USD/week for more then 3 weeks
600USD / month

call +46855524900 or pm.

paypal prepayments....
 
That would be awesome, "if I only had a braaaain...!"
 
(Come to think of it, what am I doing here on Super Bowl Sunday?)

Waiting for Downton Abbey to start? :biggrinjester:
 
Jarred, what are you doing here on Super Bowl Sunday!

(Come to think of it, what am I doing here on Super Bowl Sunday?)

Go watch your boring fooseball! We're talking about RED here! :-)
 
Go watch your boring fooseball! We're talking about RED here! :-)

Heh, heh, I'm actually switching back and forth between the Stage 32 website and Reduser while listening to Shelby Lynne Radio on Pandora. I'll try to catch the last 5 minutes of the Super Bowl. If it's close, that's when all the Cliff's Notes action takes place.
 
Waiting for Downton Abbey to start? :biggrinjester:

heard a lot about that, but I can't currently get over-the-air PBS. The station that covers this vast area has recently purchased a new antennae location from another broadcaster that should put their signal in range. Maybe in time so I can watch summer re-runs. In re: the Super Bowl... it's just another football game that has been assigned greater importance. But I'll still watch the end of it if I don't forget.
 
heard a lot about that, but I can't currently get over-the-air PBS. The station that covers this vast area has recently purchased a new antennae location from another broadcaster that should put their signal in range. Maybe in time so I can watch summer re-runs. In re: the Super Bowl... it's just another football game that has been assigned greater importance. But I'll still watch the end of it if I don't forget.

Heard on NPR earlier today : " It is in fact that time of year when muscle-bound young men toss around a tanned piece of leather for the entertainment of millions. But Madonna's halftime show was really only part of the appeal."
 
Heard on NPR earlier today : " It is in fact that time of year when muscle-bound young men toss around a tanned piece of leather for the entertainment of millions. But Madonna's halftime show was really only part of the appeal."
Definitely will skip the Madonna performance... I'm afraid she might have a wardrobe malfunction, and I don't want to go through life with that image burned onto my visual cortex. ;>)
 
Definitely will skip the Madonna performance... I'm afraid she might have a wardrobe malfunction, and I don't want to go through life with that image burned onto my visual cortex. ;>)

LOL
 
how about having a iPod/iPad app that can control the camera securely.
So people who don't have RedMotes, TouchLCD or Side Handles can get the camera up and running and working.

Isn't something like this in the works?
Can it be released soon?
 
I'm not sure what Michael Zaletel's app does. Anyone know if it has anything to do with camera operation or monitoring?
 
If I remember right there was an issue that stopped the app from happening. Please correct me if I'm wrong as this is from memory.

;DFDooley
 
If Red released this now then it would help a lot of people out on getting their camera's up and running for sure.
 
Back
Top