Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Backorder Update January 13

Jarred,

Any update on the PRO I/O - I know you mentioned that the price had been pushed back to 1st March, obviously because your behind. Just wondering if there is any update for the module or if we are looking beyond 1st March for order?

Thanks for anything you can give us.

:))
 
was there an updated eta on canon mount? I cant shoot without it thats all...and since ordering in December, I thought it was supposed to be out of back order by now? thank you!
 
I'm an Epic-M owner, and I'm very impressed so far with all of RED's products, but I'm finding the backorder on my Canon Ti mount, and the lack of updates quite frustrating. I have no problem with the fact it's backordered, but my Bomb Squad rep has no information (I mean none whatsoever), and Jarred hasn't posted a backorder update in more than a month. What's that all about?
 
I'm an Epic-M owner, and I'm very impressed so far with all of RED's products, but I'm finding the backorder on my Canon Ti mount, and the lack of updates quite frustrating. I have no problem with the fact it's backordered, but my Bomb Squad rep has no information (I mean none whatsoever), and Jarred hasn't posted a backorder update in more than a month. What's that all about?

He has posted that they were migrating to a new system to better track orders and predict fulfillment, and Jim recently posted a new projection that Red may be completely out of backorder in April now, instead of March. That's more than nothing.

More to your point, with Scarlet Ti EOS shipping it appears that most or all of the Ti EOS backorders were filled? Maybe you are asking the wrong questions.
 
I'm an Epic-M owner, and I'm very impressed so far with all of RED's products, but I'm finding the backorder on my Canon Ti mount, and the lack of updates quite frustrating. I have no problem with the fact it's backordered, but my Bomb Squad rep has no information (I mean none whatsoever), and Jarred hasn't posted a backorder update in more than a month. What's that all about?

I never understood this. RED's backorder updates are pretty much always wrong. They rarely (if ever) deliver their products on the date they predict yet people get upset that they don't come out and give another (wrong) date? Your mount will get there when it gets there and them giving a date isn't going to help you plan anything because you can't rely on their dates. It's almost like people want to be given wrong information because it's somehow better than no information?

I don't even bother asking my Bomb Squad rep any questions about when my Scarlet will get here. It'll get here when it gets here and until then I have to rely on other means of production.
 
It's almost like people want to be given wrong information because it's somehow better than no information?

It's not entirely wrong information, just imprecise information. Personally I can't use my camera until the Canon mount ships, so if (hypothetically) Red were to say that backorders won't be filled until August, that would be enough information to set me on a quest to buy a PL mount lens. I hope the Canon mount will ship much sooner than that of course, preferably by early March at the latest. I must admit I am confused as to why the mount is in backorder status to begin with, seeing as it's just a bit of machined titanium and some electronic circuitry.
 
Yes, you can't be wrong ALL the time, as long as you are TRYING to be right. You might be wrong because you expect it to work one way but then hit a hurdle. The idea would be to communicate that hurdle, and update your estimate, which if all goes to plan would be accurate! If another hurdle, communicate, update. Eventually as things get closer there won't be any more hurdles and your estimate of 3 weeks say, would be very accurate. And people can plan.

My bomb squad rep just told me today "estimated to be ready in a few weeks". So that has to be based on something, and I appreciate that much more than silence. To not want any updates on availability is basically admitting that, at best, RED are never capable of accurately estimating when something will ship, and at worst, they are deliberately lying about availability to just mess with you. (I do not believe that, if anyone is confused).

A new back order update system sounds great, especially if it, like the Apple online store, showed estimates of arrival.
 
My Canon mount is being prep'd for shipment! I love coincidental good fortune!
 
Oooh that's awesome! So it's good to hear the quad batt module is going out! I went into the red store today and picked up a bunch of little bits for my epic rig. Still waiting for side handle, SSD and canon mount though. congrats on completely your rig!!! My epic is a little later than yours haha, but I just had 2 zeroes in the middle of your serial number :)) (#2020!)
 
Back
Top