Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Update......

Thanks guys, been a very long day here, so I'm not exactly at the top of my game :) - and I'm still struggling to get stuff finished, so I'm hoping to get a bit of time to think this over (and wait on Brent's reply).

Hi Andy. I believe the case has always been that all deposits are fully refundable. They are also transferable, so if you order an MG upgrade you can switch to CF, or vice-versa. Hope that helps if that was your question.
 
Thanks guys, been a very long day here, so I'm not exactly at the top of my game :) - and I'm still struggling to get stuff finished, so I'm hoping to get a bit of time to think this over (and wait on Brent's reply).

He may be having lunch...
 
Last edited:
Weapon deposit just made. The extra 5k made a HUGE difference in my decision.

I'm super pumped!

Again, super glad that I stumbled upon reduser yesterday otherwise I would have missed out.
 
Or I am in back-to-back meetings at RSH from 10am to 4pm. If my only job was trolling REDUSER, I would be much more responsive.
 
Hi Andy,

I just placed an order today. I got time to ask the questions to my bomb squad rep. The deposit is fully refundable.

Also, you just need to place the order now in order to get the acc credit. After that you'll have ten days to pay for it or cancel. Plenty of time to run the numbers again and again...and again
 
Dang it, I think I need to get in on this, but I'm still reeling from the Dragon upgrade a year ago.
Any window for when these orders placed today might come up in line? I need to get going on the money saving if I do buy...

See Jarred's original post that started this thread in regards to Mg upgrade timing...
 
No worries Brent - I'm up to my neck in rendering and a nightmare deadline at the moment, so I'm sort of stuffed to plan things out. Basically I was going to skip Weapon and just buy some stuff for my Epic Dragon... but haven't been keeping an eye on much recently due to work/deadlines etc.

If it's OK, can I ask a couple fo questions?

On a separate note, is there any 'planned' end date for the redmag to mini-mag scheme? As (oddly) this has a relevance to my planning.

And (this is something another RU mentioned to me in a PM), if I order before deadline, could I then take a few days and work out if updating works for me... and if not, just get the order cancelled? That might be a way to get an order in, then I can check out in a few days and get my numbers sorted, then decide if I can go the Weapon upgrade route.

I know it's my fault for not staying on top of things, but sometimes other stuff gets in the way :) so, maybe let me know if the above is something that would work and won't be an issue (this might also help others out who haven't been following this). Thanks.

PS - what's the UK/GMT cut off time?

No planned end date to go from REDMAG to RED MINI-MAG.

Order. Select wire transfer. Buys you a few days to cancel or pay deposit.
 
No planned end date to go from REDMAG to RED MINI-MAG.

Order. Select wire transfer. Buys you a few days to cancel or pay deposit.

any possible way to trade in gray unused mini mags in original packaging i bought from a producer that had a film fall through for the new red ones???
i want to be cool as hell being one of the first ravens on professional sets :)
 
No, Brent and Jarred have confirmed that December is the target for 8K sensor upgrades, for those of us, who prepaid ar NAB, right after the option was posted as available...

There are a few out in the wild, but not from that process, AFAIK.

Thank you very much

Fury

Thanks Nick. I guess to clarify the question, if one put down the NAB 8K sensor deposit they are automatically included in the "first batch"? Thanks!

And a hats off to RED for the generous discounts and deals!!
 
Bryan Koss said:
Thanks Nick. I guess to clarify the question, if one put down the NAB 8K sensor deposit they are automatically included in the "first batch"? Thanks!

Most up to date info is the first post in this thread. Jarred said the first batch goes out this year and then a few months before the next batch. We don't know how big a batch is.
 
OK - I've run the numbers (quite a few times) and it looks like I won't be moving to Weapon. Basically, I have funds tied up in a low budget movie I'm involved in (to shoot on Epic Dragon) and it's planned for Q3 next year. Shooting a sizzle reel in January with a month or two for CGI/VFX to follow, before going into pre-prod. But, funding is tight so I had not planned to go to Weapon, rather to spend any spare funds in order to add some extra production value (better actors, for a start!).

So, I think sticking to my original plan is a safer bet for my particular business model.

Thanks to Brent & Phil for their prompt replies and Elsie N, Brian, Dominick & Andrei for doing some hand holding when I needed it :smile:

What has helped is knowing that the Red Mag to Red mini-mag trade-in is going to be going for a while... this means I can make the move to mini-mags at a later date (hopefully next year), without having to jump on the deal now - it eases cash flow a lot! I'd also presume we'll get a healthy heads up on that deal ending, so all is good in mini-mag land!

OK, at least I can let the deadline pass, it's a shame to miss out, but I do still have a really nice Epic Dragon! Time to sleep and hope the render-farm doesn't crash on me again. LOL
 
if you shave $5k weapon will become interesting. please do it, ..as it is , im out.

id have been in if you'd offered an epic mx -> weapon upgrade for the price .. but instead , some of us felt pressured into the 6k dragon upgrade to future proof our investent.. then had weapon dropped on us 2 weeks later ..

which means i'd have paid $12k+$20k to go from mx -> weapon . sorry.. not worth it. what concerns me is.. no more sensor upgrades for 6k dragon.. and 8k simply doesn't interest me, nor higher data rates, nor swapping all my media out. urgh

Did you see that they did in fact made Mg Weapon 5k cheaper and if you upgrade until today 11:59pm you get the 5k accessory credit on top of it? (its somewhere on this post)
 
I believe the Red EPIC Dragon cameras are eligible for a sensor upgrade as well. When the new generation of RED sensors arrive.

I saw it a few times but can't find the posts/threads.

You don't have to upgrade to Weapon to get the new sensor - whenever that happens.

Thats wrong... the next sensor you will need the DSMC2 internals. Epic has already had 2 rounds of sensors just like the RED ONE did. Like someone else mentioned, it is a tick-tock cycle. There is a point where you need new ASICS to take advantage of new Senors, and vice versa.
 
any possible way to trade in gray unused mini mags in original packaging i bought from a producer that had a film fall through for the new red ones???
i want to be cool as hell being one of the first ravens on professional sets :)

literally quoting myself now… so the 512 mini mags ONLY come in red color now?
if so, maybe its better for me to keep the grey(black) ones in order to differentiate from other cameras that might be on set in the future…anyone have any thoughts on the red ones? they are shiny!
 
lol, Jordan, I think I read you ask that at least 4 times already. Just paint yours red bro! It's only going to stick out a little bit when it's docked anyway, lol. It can't be that serious dude.
 
lol, Jordan, I think I read you ask that at least 4 times already. Just paint yours red bro! It's only going to stick out a little bit when it's docked anyway, lol. It can't be that serious dude.

not one person has answered, but its was 3 times, twice today and once about a week ago…but i can get the red ones now, but then i thought about it and maybe i wanted to keep black if now all you can get it red…so my only real question, and according to red.com, it might be that they only come in red now. true?
 
do you think you guys will release a 65mm next for the 8k guys to jump to? that'd be sick man! id pre deposit the hell out of that!
 
How about this? All orders for Mg upgrade in before the EOD for us Wednesday, Nov 18 (PT) get the credit. After that, no. Fair?

OK, so I decided to go to the online store to reserve some upgrade goodness. My EPIC DRAGON shows OK to upgrade. My SCARLET DRAGON says not OK. Both were invoiced as DRAGON systems before the April date. It's the SCARLET DRAGON I really want to upgrade. What to do now that the office is closed, but the upgrade timing window is still open (for another few hours)?
 
Back
Top