It appears that with XML support in redcine that third parties could now easily support EDLs quite easily. Same for redline too? If redtools can do this I think it's a very positive step forward to enabling thrid parties and allowing red to focus more on their core. That's more important then spreading too thin and trying to solve all the workflows themselves.
With all the changes happening to the camera and software, I think it's obvious red is not dumb and will make the right choices. The expectation to have a finished workflow right now today seem to be ignoring the speed at which the camera is being developed and the constant improvement. I expect the same with the software and look forward to the improvements in each release. I believe the presumption that red needs to be told repeatedly what they need to implement is false. I do believe they know what they're doing because no one else has been able to even come close.
With all the changes happening to the camera and software, I think it's obvious red is not dumb and will make the right choices. The expectation to have a finished workflow right now today seem to be ignoring the speed at which the camera is being developed and the constant improvement. I expect the same with the software and look forward to the improvements in each release. I believe the presumption that red needs to be told repeatedly what they need to implement is false. I do believe they know what they're doing because no one else has been able to even come close.