Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Top Plate Options?

Daniel John

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
222
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Cardiff By The Sea, CA
Any other options out there besides the ones from Wooden Camera and OffHollywood? I was hoping Red would have come out with something similar to their tactical top plate but for DSMC2 but haven't heard anything.

Thanks in advance.
 
Tilta has one or two options. Movcam has a tiny one.

I'm using the Offhollywood one when I need it. Gives me that nice little side mounting bracket too for AKS.
 
I have both of the different Wooden Camera top plates (1 with LEMO connectors, and 1 with the Pogo pass-through) and they are absolutely great…highly recommend them!
 
Thank you Tom. Thank you Phil. I have the one from OffHollywood too and I'm very happy with it but the DSMC2 top handle with trigger won't clear
my red bricks on the V-lock I/O expander. I think maybe the one from WC is a little higher and the handle will clear? Any idea on that Tom?
 
I have the WC top plate with lemo, and love it.
 
I plan to pick up the offhollywood top-plate for DSMC2. It's the thinest most minimalist top plate... yet has really great function.

Woodcamera's top plate is thicker (which I don't like for my purposes) but does include a nice guard over the fragile-feeling plastic top fan area... so that is nice!
 
Worth noting that DSMC2 wifi antenna is located under the top fan plastic cover toward the front.

If you plan on using wifi with your camera ... look into OffHollywood or Arri DSMC2 top plate solutions as they provide lots of breathing for the antenna...

If you get a wooden camera one or other top plate covering this area, you may consider the Wooden Camera wifi side plate to install a stronger external antenna...

FWIW RTMotion Latitude sidekick and Off Hollywood OMODs also provide better wifi via external antenna (Sidekick Latitude) or secondary wifi (OMOD command).


Top_02_1024x1024.jpg



K2.0009664.jpg



18014.jpg
 
Copy, thanks Mikael. That's a good point. Think I'm going to get one from WC to complement the one from OffHollywood I already have. Haven't had any problems using
FoolControl with the one from OH but I could see how the WC one might create some issues..
 
Copy, thanks Mikael. That's a good point. Think I'm going to get one from WC to complement the one from OffHollywood I already have. Haven't had any problems using
FoolControl with the one from OH but I could see how the WC one might create some issues..

Definitely then go ahead and get the WC WiFi Side plate then. Its, in the grand scheme of things, pretty cheap.
 
Back
Top