Thread: foolcat / foolmeta - R3D catalogs and metadatas ingest

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 foolcat 
    Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Download the latest version from the website : http://foolcolor.net/foolcat

works as a demo version with 5 clips or as a full version / free upgrade for those with a license

Edits :

see this post for infos on the latest version, including support for QT movie clips

and this one about Dragon and MXF support

---------------------------------

http://vimeo.com/foolcolor/foolcat
    (old video showing only R3D features, not updated to show QT support or latest additions yet)

- foolcat lets you create rich HTML and pdf catalog of R3D clips with image thumbnails and extensive metadata / RMD informations (supports RED One, EPIC and Scarlet)

foolcat works with up to 5 clips per catalog in demo mode

A LOT of metadatas are displayed in a compact space in the HTML catalogs (including HDRx values, camera firmware, color curves, alchemy settings, linked audio info etc)...

You can check a demo catalog, here :
    http://foolcolor.net/foolcat/foolcat_example/index.html

companion app foolmeta is being re-coded at the moment so is no longer included in foolcat 2.0... but you can use the old version from foolcat 1.26 :
    foolcat_1.26

- foolmeta lets you add custom user metadatas (Project, Scene, Shot, Take, Notes, Rating, Color Label, Circled take etc) into RMD sidecar files, and is 100% compatible with REDCINE-X metadatas. You can add them in batch to a whole folder and also on a clip by clip basis.

sneak peak at the future (no ETA) :

http://vimeo.com/foolcolor/metabox

Mikael
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish twitter vimeo facebook instagram

Fantastic !! Have been waiting since the demise of clipfinder for exactly this solution.

-noel

POssibly the most important add on I have seen released.

Excellent. I just bought it. PLease say that you will continue to support it.

David
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

I tried it. I liked it. I paid for it.
    Fine tool, will be a big help in keeping my clips organized. Good to know RC3 will come quickly. Nice work, Mikael.
    Michael Mayda, Forensic Imaging; Dragon #00942; Epic X #00653; Red MX #1976

Thanks. I'm writing a small documentation now altho everything is pretty straightforward... hope to post it later today or tomorrow... else it'll wait a few more hours as I'm flying tomorrow evening for a shoot in southern India.

I wrote this app as I was looking for a way of doing catalogs myself with EPIC footage... it took a bit of time to make it right while trying to pack as much info as possible without being too cluttered... The app is smart enough to only show non default metadatas (i.e. in camera look / saturation change will not be displayed if at default 1.0 value) and same for RMD values, if WB or ISO it unchanged from camera setting it won't be displayed... make sure you roll over everywhere in the HTML catalog as it shows lots of info on the small icons, on the 1st thumbnail (non graded clip) or over HDR, timecode, clip name etc

I haven't included all the possible User Metadatas yet (like Owner, Copyright, Edit, Post Notes, filter etc) but this can be added quite easily if needed. The only things I haven't tested yet is Stereo3D clips metadata and anamorphic. If someone can send me a 1 frame R3D + RMD of such files I'd be glad to add whatever is necessary. Once DSMC get a real photo mode I'll add a mode to make catalog of stills with thumbnails... right now it will only display frame number for each still / marker whenever some were tagged in RCX.

Mikael

v 1.0 released

fixes a few bugs with specific RMDs and system config... and an issue with the main window being hidden behind others... thanks to Nick Shaw for reporting those !

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lubtchansky View Post
    v 1.0 released

fixes a few bugs with specific RMDs and system config... and an issue with the main window being hidden behind others... thanks to Nick Shaw for reporting those !
    Just installed this version. Doesn't work on my Mac Pro at all on Lion 10.7.2. Ideas?
    Russell Campbell
    Epic Dragons, RED One MX
    www.oceansenseproductions.com

Hi and sorry for the bug...
    Just as a test can you do this :
    Go into your system preferences
    Then into 'langage and text' then under the format tabs...
    If you set it to 'United States' and try foolcat, does it work ?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the issue... I'll try to fix it tonight and issue a newer version. I think this bug is related to the way your machine separates the numbers fro the decimals. Thoight I fixed
    It but looks like some issue remain !

Hi Mikael. Works fine now. Is there a way to generate the catalogue with clips in order of time. Often, when shooting on Red One, I bounce back and forth between drives without formatting for an extra safety copy. On Clipfinder, I simply order the clips according to time before generating the catalogue.
    Russell Campbell
    Epic Dragons, RED One MX
    www.oceansenseproductions.com

Hi, Russ, nice to hear it works now, I found the bug and fixing it now...

Yes right now the catalog is only created using file name sort but I'll look and see how I can add the option to have it sorted by shoot time...