Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Thoughts and Tips responses here...

So I've been playing with REDCINE-X_84 for the past several hours, and one thing that quickly jumped out at me is the missing ability to do a step backward/undo.

I'm not sure if it's just not implemented yet, or if it's something that may have not been slated as a feature, but I for one REALLY need this feature.

Imagine taking some 2+hours getting a look right, and you shift the gamma wheel by mistake, resulting in a COMPLETE change in image. Now you have to spend the next hour re-dialing in order to get the look back to the way it was.

So RED, thats just my humble feedback. Can we get an undo/step-backward and a Redo-Step-forward option?
 
Framing is for output only at the moment.
Undo will come later on.
Layout saving is there but needs more work to work properly.

We're moving pretty fast on this but every little feature and detail takes time to get in.
 
I'd like to see the ability to use power windows or vignettes in redcine-x to isolate sections I want to color. I know, I'm probably asking for too much.

I would say you are asking too much. This is about all that separates this free app from a $25,000 + grading suite, particularly when using Red Rocket!
 
I would say you are asking too much. This is about all that separates this free app from a $25,000 + grading suite, particularly when using RED Rocket™!

Perhaps there can be a Redcine X PRO, that adds the full color grading aspect for a price.


:nads: Take that $25,000 + software
 
I'd like to see the ability to use power windows or vignettes in redcine-x to isolate sections I want to color. I know, I'm probably asking for too much.
I don't think Red will do it,
but given that RedcineX is supposed to be open to plugins, we could hope someone will make that someday...
Same thing for the EDL / XML import and conform features...
 
I'd like to see the ability to use power windows or vignettes in redcine-x to isolate sections I want to color. I know, I'm probably asking for too much.

Can't you just do this using Color - one-light in the free app and then secondary corrections in the bundled app, dang we live in good times!
 
that will be the bright future - someone shoot the SDK to hans-georg now, if not sooner!

but still, doing one-light and exporting to pro res quicktimes not so bad either, real joy will be the ability to reconnect to R3D but still, what we can do for virtually free is a miracle.
 
you can, as soon as redcine x can read xml files, bright future.

Gee Kaya. That sentence made me feel exactly two years younger... -:))

I'd like to add:
As soon as Hans Georg gets his hands on the new SDK...

And, yes, Id take power windows/secondaries any day, as long as long as the signal chain is good...

But I don't agree that that's the only thing sepparating RCX from "that other" app.

Anyway. Without a conform tool...

(And here we go again Kaya!)
 
Framing is for output only at the moment.
Undo will come later on.
Layout saving is there but needs more work to work properly.

We're moving pretty fast on this but every little feature and detail takes time to get in.

Thanks again for this major step towards global domination.
Redcine - X , FLUT, oh I love the FLUT, REDcolor - suddenly every grade is smoothly in place, no fighting no apologetics, strait forwarded grate images.


Appreciate all that you are doing truly!!!!!!!!!!

Can we get the clip T.C displayed? Both like in Redalert will be perfect.

Take your time, it is just something I so desperately need.
 
WHERE CAN I FIND Red-Cine X build 82e.

WHERE CAN I FIND Red-Cine X build 82e.

:( im totally lost..where is the latest redcine-x 82e?
 
Used 84 all day today to grade a bunch of stuff and it is really great, but I did miss the Undo...I even went back to some stuff I shot months ago and it looks so much better now with FLUT
 
Gee Kaya. That sentence made me feel exactly two years younger... -:))

I'd like to add:
As soon as Hans Georg gets his hands on the new SDK...

And, yes, Id take power windows/secondaries any day, as long as long as the signal chain is good...

But I don't agree that that's the only thing sepparating RCX from "that other" app.

Anyway. Without a conform tool...

(And here we go again Kaya!)

hehe...but unfortunatly this time red will be ultra fast, so no room for complains will be left i guess :)
 
Debayer

Debayer

QUOTE BELOW:
"3. ALWAYS do a full resolution debayer output for grading and finished work. Half-res ONLY for offline editing."

ok...from a shooter to now shooting and editing in the field. I believe i understand this as, but can you elaborate on exactly what this means when sitting at my computer and outputting to prores 422?

I believe i do this properly in the field. I grade at 1/2 resolution--usually white balance, tint and slight color and then output to a prores 422 file. I'm sure the nomenclature is throwing me here, but what does it mean to debayer at full resoution? or maybe i should ask, how would i find myself NOT outputting at full resolution?

.....thanks (from a newbie to to digital transcoding)
 
Back
Top