Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Stage 4 - Reservations are now Open.

One, nothing is "wrong". We are all full-steam ahead over here.

Simple reason the rubber-meets-the-road details of the Stage 3/3.5 trade-in program have not been posted - we are still fine-tuning them. Obviously, a lot of the info posted on the stages is from quite awhile ago and may be outdated (just like the product offering for what comes with Stage 2 and 3 changed).

But, we DO know (as we have recently posted) that Stage 3/3.5 orders will have order fulfillment priority over Stage 4. Only in the event that we do not have a Stage 3/3.5 order to fulfill (as we wait on trade-in RED ONE, await payment, whatever) will we then ship the next Stage 4 in line.

Meanwhile, let us continue to finalize our plan for the trade-in process. And, as always, feedback will be welcome.

BC
 
One, nothing is "wrong". We are all full-steam ahead over here.

Simple reason the rubber-meets-the-road details of the Stage 3/3.5 trade-in program have not been posted - we are still fine-tuning them. Obviously, a lot of the info posted on the stages is from quite awhile ago and may be outdated (just like the product offering for what comes with Stage 2 and 3 changed).

But, we DO know (as we have recently posted) that Stage 3/3.5 orders will have order fulfillment priority over Stage 4. Only in the event that we do not have a Stage 3/3.5 order to fulfill (as we wait on trade-in RED ONE, await payment, whatever) will we then ship the next Stage 4 in line.

Meanwhile, let us continue to finalize our plan for the trade-in process. And, as always, feedback will be welcome.

BC

Brent, since you are awake -_- can you tell us if you are still building Epic X cameras during this lull? Also, I'm thinking about putting down a deposit on a Scarlet. If I change my mind (or circumstances get my mind changed for me) will I be able to get my deposit back?

One last question... will the online store be open Friday night, local time?
 
Elsie:
1. What "lull"? :) Yup, production is cranking away.
2. Deposits are always refundable.
3. Absolutely.

BC
 
Last edited:
One, nothing is "wrong". We are all full-steam ahead over here.

Simple reason the rubber-meets-the-road details of the Stage 3/3.5 trade-in program have not been posted - we are still fine-tuning them. Obviously, a lot of the info posted on the stages is from quite awhile ago and may be outdated (just like the product offering for what comes with Stage 2 and 3 changed).

But, we DO know (as we have recently posted) that Stage 3/3.5 orders will have order fulfillment priority over Stage 4. Only in the event that we do not have a Stage 3/3.5 order to fulfill (as we wait on trade-in RED ONE, await payment, whatever) will we then ship the next Stage 4 in line.

Meanwhile, let us continue to finalize our plan for the trade-in process. And, as always, feedback will be welcome.

BC

Thanks Brent

All seem right and proper here.

Thanks for the update.

Steve
 
I'm pretty sure putting your downpayment on your Stage 3 Epic marks it as "Executed".

Downpayment is just a deposit. Execution comes when you receive your notification email and actually send your camera in to RED (30 days being the period between those two events). Not too difficult.

Stage 3/3.5 on RED's end however... ridiculous logistically I'm sure. RED has to be fearless, crazy, or a combination of the two to undertake a program of this magnitude while delivering two other cameras and prepping the release of a new sensor... and projector... and whatever other awesome technology they have in the works.
 
Downpayment is just a deposit. Execution comes when you receive your notification email and actually send your camera in to RED (30 days being the period between those two events). Not too difficult.

Stage 3/3.5 on RED's end however... ridiculous logistically I'm sure. RED has to be fearless, crazy, or a combination of the two to undertake a program of this magnitude while delivering two other cameras and prepping the release of a new sensor... and projector... and whatever other awesome technology they have in the works.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Stage 2 you were given 30 days to make a downpayment and lock yourself in for that stage. Once this was done you could no longer decide to switch to stage 3 etc. Therefore your camera was marked as "Executed". I would assume the same applied for Stage 3. They gave a 30 day window to make a downpayment and commit to stage 3.

In this case I would assume you have now committed to Stage 3 and if you cannot make final payment when notified then yeah, you have no other trade in options...
 
One, nothing is "wrong". We are all full-steam ahead over here.

Simple reason the rubber-meets-the-road details of the Stage 3/3.5 trade-in program have not been posted - we are still fine-tuning them. Obviously, a lot of the info posted on the stages is from quite awhile ago and may be outdated (just like the product offering for what comes with Stage 2 and 3 changed).

But, we DO know (as we have recently posted) that Stage 3/3.5 orders will have order fulfillment priority over Stage 4. Only in the event that we do not have a Stage 3/3.5 order to fulfill (as we wait on trade-in RED ONE, await payment, whatever) will we then ship the next Stage 4 in line.

Meanwhile, let us continue to finalize our plan for the trade-in process. And, as always, feedback will be welcome.

BC

Thanks for the update, Brent. Reassuring words!
 
... But, we DO know (as we have recently posted) that Stage 3/3.5 orders will have order fulfillment priority over Stage 4. Only in the event that we do not have a Stage 3/3.5 order to fulfill (as we wait on trade-in RED ONE, await payment, whatever) will we then ship the next Stage 4 in line...


DISCLAIMER: I will be posting this by first stating that I already do not feel guilty of not being "grateful" for the trade-in program when that argument is thrown at me. Why? First, because I am grateful. But most importantly because once a BUSINESS offer is made like the trade-in program, everyone that got onboard should celebrate, and plan upon it. It should not be used at all to downplay the merits of the discussion of opinions that may not be shared among all of us in this cyber-community. Specially Stage 4 people, which the new rule was not part of the original offer. So you should understand why Stage 3/3.5 people feel the way that we feel, and feel very grateful that now this benefit is being made available to you.

Having said that, being the first one voicing the "discomfort" among stage 3 people for changing the rule (without explanation) of running stages in parallel (as opposed to finalize one to start the next as in stage 1 & 2), I feel way better by having an official Red's standing as described by Brent's statement. I really feel the program has gone back to what originally was intended to be. Now I can join the people that has stated that nobody in stage 3/3.5 that cannot return immediately their Red One should feel jumped over, as long as there is no one else that is ready to do the trade-in their camera, and no one from Stage 4 receives his/her shipment first than such owner.

So, Brent, thanks for clarifying this in a very plain and simple way!!!



PS: Brent, please take this as it was intended: as a well intended, and hopefully welcomed feedback.
 
One, nothing is "wrong". We are all full-steam ahead over here.

Simple reason the rubber-meets-the-road details of the Stage 3/3.5 trade-in program have not been posted - we are still fine-tuning them. Obviously, a lot of the info posted on the stages is from quite awhile ago and may be outdated

BC

Hi Brent
In November, it was said that deliveries would commence early December.
That's not info from quite a while ago...
It's difficult to tell guys that started selling their Red One body's accessories in November that they made a mistake by believing old notices.
They were going off the latest.
Please get those stage 3s out the door!

Cheers

Mark
 
Just to alleviate the REAL personal and/or business stress that Mark just expressed above that many of Stage 3 owners are going through (I for one sold some non-compatible components, and declined 2 small jobs just because I wanted to have my Red One ready to be send to their original home, mainly based on the "first week of December start processing" statement), I want to offer a simple, innocent suggestion.

Without the intention of being inflammatory AT ALL, if what we have being hearing for weeks as the main reason not to shipp the Stage 3 cameras is because "we have a few Stage 2 orders to still mop up", why not to save some time and test your system at the same time by start shipping them the same way Stage 4 will be getting cameras if there are Stage 3 that are not ready do execute their transaction?

As a business person, I really think that there is no substitution to test a new procedure, but by putting it through the test. So, by requesting the return of the first 40-50 Red One for valuation, it will help to "test-drive" such procedure, and we will understand that the bumps in the road are because it is being fine-tuned, as Brent well described few postings ago.

Again, this is just a suggestion following the spirit of Brent's statement: "feedback will be welcome".


PS: A reaction will also be welcomed.


Respectfully,
 
One, nothing is "wrong". We are all full-steam ahead over here.

Simple reason the rubber-meets-the-road details of the Stage 3/3.5 trade-in program have not been posted - we are still fine-tuning them. Obviously, a lot of the info posted on the stages is from quite awhile ago and may be outdated (just like the product offering for what comes with Stage 2 and 3 changed).

But, we DO know (as we have recently posted) that Stage 3/3.5 orders will have order fulfillment priority over Stage 4. Only in the event that we do not have a Stage 3/3.5 order to fulfill (as we wait on trade-in RED ONE, await payment, whatever) will we then ship the next Stage 4 in line.

Meanwhile, let us continue to finalize our plan for the trade-in process. And, as always, feedback will be welcome.

BC


Any news on when the process will be finalised and Stage 3 will start?
 
after working with the red one, and shooting numerious projects with one, i'm glad to say I am finally apart of the red community. I just placed my deposit for the EPIC-X and cannot wait to start shooting!
 
Stage 4 has now begun now shipping. Got my notice this morning.
 
that is great news!

I know there is a list for stages 2 and 3 that shows owners who are waiting for or received their cameras. Is there any chance we could start a list for people who are in stage 4 stating who has received their camera or still waiting?
 
Back
Top