Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED Weapon WOVEN CF #88 - ATLANTA

Joe, can you post a pic of the assault plate and where it is blocked by the front of the camera? Curious where it needs to be shaved down to make work. I assume it is not the rod holder since that comes off.

Is it too high and needs to be shaved down or from the inside where it touches the front of the camera?

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 0736.jpg
    0736.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1
Thank you for the quick pics Joe!

So it needs to be shaved a little bit. Maybe even a beveled edge.

Brent, or Jarred, can we send in our assault plates and have them shaved to fit with Weapon? I don't have the necessary tools to do that myself. I suppose I can find someone local.
 
Thank you for the quick pics Joe!

So it needs to be shaved a little bit. Maybe even a beveled edge.

Brent, or Jarred, can we send in our assault plates and have them shaved to fit with Weapon? I don't have the necessary tools to do that myself. I suppose I can find someone local.


very curious about that too... really need to use that Plate sometimes.
 
I think this is one that did actually fly under the radar.

I think there was an assumption made that it would fit since the threaded holes are compatible, as is the distance to the front of the body. It's just that (new) bit of the plastic that protrudes out the front that gets in the way. I just spoke to tech support and can confirm that they are working on the issue.
 
Would sure be nice if RED could offer either a replacement part or a fix at N/C.

I fully expected the Assault Plate to work on Weapon since RED said all of the base plates and related AKS were compatible.

While we're on the subject (sort of), I'd love to see a new, modular Tactical Plate solution come out of RED that covered just the body and then another extension for the RedVolt Expansion Module :)

M
 
Thank you for the quick pics Joe!

So it needs to be shaved a little bit. Maybe even a beveled edge.

Brent, or Jarred, can we send in our assault plates and have them shaved to fit with Weapon? I don't have the necessary tools to do that myself. I suppose I can find someone local.

Yup. We will do a no charge mod for that like we did with the top plate awhile pack. Let us get set up for it and then I will post when you can get RMAs for it.
 
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you… TEAM RED!

Yup. We will do a no charge mod for that like we did with the top plate awhile pack. Let us get set up for it and then I will post when you can get RMAs for it.
 
Yup. We will do a no charge mod for that like we did with the top plate awhile pack. Let us get set up for it and then I will post when you can get RMAs for it.

AWESOME! Thanks Brent.

As usual, you guys rock.

M
 
OK, we are ready. We will do the mod, re-anodize, and re-engrave all at no charge. But it will require 10-15 business days to do. You pay to get it to us, we will pay to send it back. Just send a support ticket to the RMA team.
 
OK, we are ready. We will do the mod, re-anodize, and re-engrave all at no charge. But it will require 10-15 business days to do. You pay to get it to us, we will pay to send it back. Just send a support ticket to the RMA team.

Thanks Brent!
 
OK, we are ready. We will do the mod, re-anodize, and re-engrave all at no charge. But it will require 10-15 business days to do. You pay to get it to us, we will pay to send it back. Just send a support ticket to the RMA team.

Brent, that's awesome. We'll get ours down to you. I assume the mod would still work on our Dragons until we get our Weapons.

Also, I plan to order two new Assault Plates for our Ravens. Will RED be revising the Assault Plates going forward to be compatible with all EPIC/DRAGON/WEAPON/RAVEN bodies?

Would hate to have to RMA another pair ;).

M
 
A few more points...

* The only issue is with WEAPON. So, if you don't have a WEAPON (yet), don't send in for RMA. We don't want to be doing mods for no reason, haha.

* All of these invoiced after Jul 21, 2015 had a rolling change incorporated in to them already to work with WEAPON.

* Yes, this can only be done at the RED Irvine location. Unless you are buddies with the local machine shop, ha.
 
I have got my 15mm LWS in October, I will get my MG Weapon sometimes next year...
I am safe?

A few more points...

* The only issue is with WEAPON. So, if you don't have a WEAPON (yet), don't send in for RMA. We don't want to be doing mods for no reason, haha.

* All of these invoiced after Jul 21, 2015 had a rolling change incorporated in to them already to work with WEAPON.

* Yes, this can only be done at the RED Irvine location. Unless you are buddies with the local machine shop, ha.
 
I have attached a pic of the Assault plate that has been modified by RED. I received it back the week before Christmas. Thank you again, Brent! Fits nicely now. My plate says EPIC instead of DSMC. They shaved off just a tiny amount.
 

Attachments

  • AssulatPlateMod.jpg
    AssulatPlateMod.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top