Aaron Nanto
Well-known member
So I get the feelling that we're in the middle of the post-Carrion release pre-order blast (Carrion was released Dec.4 2015). So could explain the lack of anyone else getting allocations yet for the past few weeks.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: this_feature_currently_requires_accessing_site_using_safari
Hey guys. Spoke with my rep today. On Tuesday it sounds like Jarred is going to announce an option for customers waiting on Raven orders. It'll be an option to upgrade to Scarlet-W, but you'd have to start from scratch if you ordered a v-lock/io or jetpack package. So basically you can swap orders to a Scarlet-W brain at a sizeable discount and add accessories from scratch. My rep said the original bundles were about an $1,100 discount. This deal would rival that. He wasn't sure about hard numbers yet.
Hey guys. Spoke with my rep today. On Tuesday it sounds like Jarred is going to announce an option for customers waiting on Raven orders. It'll be an option to upgrade to Scarlet-W, but you'd have to start from scratch if you ordered a v-lock/io or jetpack package. So basically you can swap orders to a Scarlet-W brain at a sizeable discount and add accessories from scratch. My rep said the original bundles were about an $1,100 discount. This deal would rival that. He wasn't sure about hard numbers yet.
An option to upgrade to Scarlet W at a discount?? Haven't heard about this in the Update Thread.. If true you just dropped some Red Exclusive insider information on us![]()
Not totally new news....Jarred did say already that there is stuff in store for "every camera" so this would include Raven.....but if this is a discount S-W upgrade path then HMMMmmmmmmmmmmm..............
Ordered My Red Raven V-Lock I/O on 04/18/16
Interesting, I want to upgrade my Raven to a Scarlet- W if it turns out I can't make the leap to Epic-W. I wonder would I be able to trade in my Raven, I would love to not have to sell it to a third party.
Wow, we better not get screwed on this... I had 2 Ravens pre-ordered (1 with Image One and 1 with RED). We changed our Raven with RED to a Scarlet-W not that long ago ONLY because we heard we might get it faster than when we expect our Raven to come in so I wonder if we would be left behind on any "new deal" since we already "moved" into the S-W line.
Even for this weekend, I had to rent a Raven off of sharegrid for some screen tests on a new production coming up this winter so all this waiting is now starting to cost me extra $$$ and that's a bit frustrating.
Darrly, thank for the input. Probably "left out" was a better choice of words. My concern was strictly losing out on any "Scarlet-W" deal since we already moved one of our Ravens to a S-W since we were told by our rep that we would likely get it faster. In regards to financing, that's great as an option for people but we tend to purchase equipment in full.
This is what Brent said:
* If you have a RAVEN in your hands Oct 10 or before, you will have a trade-in upgrade path to EPIC-W. This will be limited time offer.
* If you have a deposit in for RAVEN Oct 10 or before, you can switch your order to be for an EPIC-W at same "we are sorry" price SCARLET-W folks are getting it. This will be limited time offer.
* Until we say otherwise, RAVEN folks can switch RAVEN deposits over to a SCARLET-W.
Hi Darius, I am interested as to why you would like to upgrade as you have experience with the Raven (unlike me) and so you may have interesting perspective to drawbacks with the Raven
Love my Raven, but I do miss the swappable mount I have on my Epic now and again
I've heard that if you switch down you move to the back of the line.I know that it might be a long shot, but still:
I ordered a Scarlet-W end of March, I was going to Upgrade to Epic-W, then, my needs changed. Long time waiting put me in a "unlikable" position, too much expenses and no camera to work with. So now I'm going to switch to Raven. Do you think I will maintain my position in the line or it will be considered like a new order?
I know that reading all the pages of this thread might help to found answers but if you're kind enough to give me some maybe I could avoid go mad searching for what I need.
What I want to know is: if I maintain my position, how long could I have to wait? How is going with Raven shipping? It's still very slow or it's starting to move?
I don't need the camera now, cause I've bought another one so that I could work, so the more I wait the better. I need to know what will likely be the time I have to wait, so that I can freeze the amount of money reserved for the Raven package and don't touch it for that period of time.
Thank you anyway.
I'm welcoming myself into the world of RED Raven.