Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

October 30th Announcement Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disappointing indeed. Was expecting the Scarlet to be released in couple of months. Honestly might have to go for another option at this point of time.

If you need a camera now then get a camera now.

If (for instance) you buy a 7D for $1,800 bucks and then use it for six months (or how ever long it takes for Scarlet to arrive) then sell your 7D and recoup 70%-75% of what you paid for it... then what is your loss ? I would say next to nothing.

Scarlet isn't ready yet. No point in holding your breath and feeling disappointed, when it comes I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
 
3Axis Gyro!!!
Can someone from Red team confirm?
1.Is it for motion tracking data?
2.Will Scarlet have it?
3.Is it modular?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

THANX RED FOR EVERYTHING THANX RED FOR EVERYTHING THANX RED FOR EVERYTHING THANX RED FOR EVERYTHING THANX RED FOR EVERYTHING
:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Says motion sensor not Gyro but yes I want to know too.
 
cool, thanks red.

I love playing with a TATTOO camera, but 28k is out of my reach. 10k and trade in my beloved R1 is what I can handle.

Best
 
I like...

I like...

Dont worry there is a new accessory for that , and there are bolt locations for you so you can still use your old cradle if you wanted to.

that sense of details... thanks for the answer. One more question : will Epic let us have a prerecord mode in further stages of development ?... I know, not so necessary now we end up with a two seconds boot up time. But we wildlife shooter have all come to like it on our Red1, live with it and...depend on it at times !
 
I bought a D60 because I own several AF lenses from their still camera line (loyal customer!). The autofocus does not work. Only "DX" model lenses will autofocus on any of their digital SLRs.

What are you talking about? All the Nikkor AF lenses work on all the Nikon DSLRs I've ever tried, including my lenses I own and use on my Nikon DSLRs almost daily. Maybe I missed something with the D60, but all is fine with the D40, D70, D2[X], D3, D90, etc..
 
3Axis Gyro!!!
Can someone from Red team confirm?
1.Is it for motion tracking data?

Djorde, don't want to hijack your question, but if you ask whether the 3axis gyro can be exploited to create a trajectory of the motion of the camera, most likely not. For, first of all creating the trajectory is a 6 degree-of-freedom problem --say 3 accelerometers and 3 gyros or 6 accelerometers.

Secondly, the mankind does not know how to detect (the direction of) gravitation from an accelerating/deaccelerating body. Adding this with the fact that an error of 1/1000 of gravitation (that is 1/100 m/s^2) results in an error of 4.5m in (integration of) position in 30s. All this does not leave that much space for hopes.

Accelerometers are often also exploited as inclinometers which is to say that aceclerometers can be used to check that the camera horizontally properly aligned. The output of the gyros is about angular velocities. Consequently, one could easily think of combining the accelerometer and gyro data with the autofocus and all sorts of related applications. We'llsee. Perhaps this is partly what Jim has been hinting the last weeks.
 
Love the stages! I find them very loyal and generous. Love what you do Jim!

Canon mount photos!!! Droool... I am SO getting an S35 Scarlet once they are out.

I just e-mailed OffHollywood requesting to be considered for Tatoo 006 and 007 rental on Feb-Mar. I hope we can swing the packages and one of their DITs to run them in double digits below zero for our feature. Wish me luck please! Not with reliability of Tatto, not worried about that in the least bit, but with being able to experience a very small part of the Tatoo chapter. It would be an honor. :coolgleamA:
 
So, can the RED Gunner supply power or would I need the side handle for that?

I still think the RED Gunner is RED's solution for electronic iris and focus control. The gunner looks perfectly placed to control focus and iris and when you consider how small the DSMC brains are the Gunner is not positioned right and not nearly large enough to be any sort of handle.

Monster-GUNNER-576x372.jpg
 
I still think the RED Gunner is RED's solution for electronic iris and focus control. The gunner looks perfectly placed to control focus and iris and when you consider how small the DSMC brains are the Gunner is not positioned right and not nearly large enough to be any sort of handle.

Monster-GUNNER-576x372.jpg

It looks like a flippin' SHOT GUN!

Maybe it's a pump action CF card loader...
 
OK, slept on it. reread 52 Pages.

I just think its awesome that RED really listened to these boards over the past year and I see almost everything everyone asked for.

No wonder the engineers went nuts! Delays are relatively small considering.

Plus only $28K (sans lenses) for this much innovation is a gift... or better yet, a little more patience and I get a discount AND I can keep my RED ONE and upgrade it to M-X. So even $60K with Red Station and acks and upgrades. I will then have 2 KICK ASS CAMERAS! WOW

Again, for this much innovation, this is an absolute BARGAIN!

Freaking awesome new program. Thanks again RED. Whatever stage we fall in, its a win-win.
 
Last edited:
Question regarding the STILLS side of DSMC: will this camera play nice with studio strobes? Is there a flash sync port? X-sync speed? Do tell.

Thank you.
 
Djorde, don't want to hijack your question, but if you ask whether the 3axis gyro can be exploited to create a trajectory of the motion of the camera, most likely not. For, first of all creating the trajectory is a 6 degree-of-freedom problem --say 3 accelerometers and 3 gyros or 6 accelerometers.

Secondly, the mankind does not know how to detect (the direction of) gravitation from an accelerating/deaccelerating body. Adding this with the fact that an error of 1/1000 of gravitation (that is 1/100 m/s^2) results in an error of 4.5m in (integration of) position in 30s. All this does not leave that much space for hopes.

Accelerometers are often also exploited as inclinometers which is to say that aceclerometers can be used to check that the camera horizontally properly aligned. The output of the gyros is about angular velocities. Consequently, one could easily think of combining the accelerometer and gyro data with the autofocus and all sorts of related applications. We'llsee. Perhaps this is partly what Jim has been hinting the last weeks.
Hmmm.I didnt know it is that complicated,dont throw those heavy terms on my had anymore Lauri,please, my brain is heating ha,ha..
Where did you got to know all these things man? I am just a director,I know just basics, but you...Do you sleep more than 3 hours?
Thank you for your answer, but can you tell me what you think this system will do?
 
If we go this upgrade route to Epic-X is there an option for a discounted upgrade to a FF epic/scarlet? Or, is there an option to pass on the X and S35 R1 trade in and wait for the Monstro FF35 option?

Hi,

Nothing has been announced about Epic-X upgrade to FF.
If you don't select an option 1-4 within 30 days you forfeit your trade-in.

Stephen
 
Hi,

Nothing has been announced about Epic-X upgrade to FF.
If you don't select an option 1-4 within 30 days you forfeit your trade-in.

Stephen

I think that is incorrect. I'm pretty sure you can use your RED ONE as credit towards any camera body. It's the Epic-X package that just is most immediate and probably has the best value (if it's what you're looking for).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Maybe the GPS is for all the people complaining about stolen cameras?
 
I think that is incorrect. I'm pretty sure you can use your RED ONE as credit towards any camera body. It's the Epic-X package that just is most immediate and probably has the best value (if it's what you're looking for).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My interpretation is the same as Stephens. There will be no upgrade rebate on the Monstro program from the Red One.
 
Question regarding the STILLS side of DSMC: will this camera play nice with studio strobes? Is there a flash sync port? X-sync speed? Do tell.

Thank you.

Part of the features list Jim posted included this:

True Shutter Sync In/Out and Strobe Sync Out
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top