Robert Hofmeyr
Well-known member
So that I actually contribute to the discussion today, I have to say that as a SW owner I'm conflicted. I've signed up to upgrade my camera to the newly 6k Dragon-X and timed it for late Feb/early March. The price to do that upgrade is very close to what we're expecting Komodo to come in at, and I likely already own quite a bit of the accessories to make Komodo shootable.
I don't know if I'm better off going through with the upgrade or getting a matching B/gimbal cam for my Scarlet. There are compelling reasons to do both and I can only afford to do one or the other. Decisions decisions...
I'm in a similar boat Fahnon - stick with my Weapon Mg and save for future upgrades, or sell it and buy Komodo and accessories. I can't justify owning 2 cameras. For me the global shutter, reduced weight, size, and power consumption is really appealing. But I'll definitely miss having 50p/60p @6K. Another thing to take into account is upgradability - Red has always been generous with their upgrade options, and I'm concerned that if I sell my Mg, DSMC3 will become out of reach for me. It's not an easy decision, and obviously we can only decide once final specs and footage are seen, but I'm currently leaning toward the Komodo.