Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

IBC - GPU Build REDCINE-X Beta 21

Added: SDI Monitor Output support with Blackmagic and AJA SDI cards.
Is this limited to SDI output or should it support HDMI out as well? I have a BMD Decklink Extreme 3D+ card and am not getting anything out through the HDMI port. I can't test the SDI since I don't have any monitors with SDI in right now.

Also: Since I have two identical 3GB GTX580 cards in my machine, it would be nice if RCX Pro told me which one of the cards on the list is the one my monitor is connected to. Since I would probably want to use the other one for processing, so I can set memory use to 3GB, right?

EDIT: Oh wait, the memory limit applies to the RAM on your machine, not to the card. Still, would be nice to easily choose the card that isn't processing UI stuff.
 
Last edited:
Should we include the OpenCL Compute cores and Hyperthreads or just the OpenCL compute cores or just the hyperthreads in our "simultaneous frames".

Also are you cacheing out the debayered frames and then simply re-grading them with FLUT if you make a color change? It seems like I can regrade a processed clip at like 48fps.
 
Sent out a tweet and some emails last night before heading to bed to inform a few folks about the GPU support.

Best reply so far: "OMG. This is voodoo."
 
If I render out 4KHD footage into a 1080p ProRes422HQ file, I seem to be getting about 36.4 fps at 1/2 debayer good and about 26.1 fps at full debayer with a 3GB 580GTX. I'm pretty happy with those numbers, although I'll have to wait until the GPU debayer finds its way into Resolve and After Effects to have any real world use for it.
 
Just to confirm my understanding:

With RED Rocket, no additional performance will be seen by this release, as GPU and Rocket cant debayer at the same time.

However, with multiple GPU support planned, it may be possible that all the available system resources could be utilized simultaneously in future releases, IE Dual Titans, or GPU + Rocket combinations?
 
With RED Rocket, no additional performance will be seen by this release, as GPU and Rocket cant debayer at the same time.

Effects would still run on the GPU
 
OH WOW!

Thank you for opening the doors for GPU debayer. Industry wide, FCP-X, Ppro, Resolve. This is a big one.

The first beta of the GPU accelerated REDCINE-X.
 
Not to pollute GPU-talk with Rocket-talk... but is there a benchmark you can state for Rocket-X with the same content?

ie that particular Titan setup you mentioned 24fps for RC9:1 (Much less for transcode than display?) - what would a Rocket-X do, all other things being equal?
 
Wow, great release. Thanks RED!

But i'm looking forward to see what a ROCKET-X can do, i still have it on my radar (thanks to the great Dragon-bundle-deals).
 
What MacPro graphics cards would give me close to realtime full debayer of 4K 23.98 for a 422 ProRes export? Looking at getting a 8-core or better MacPro with lots of RAM. Trying to build a semi affordable transcoding machine :)
 
What MacPro graphics cards would give me close to realtime full debayer of 4K 23.98 for a 422 ProRes export? Looking at getting a 8-core or better MacPro with lots of RAM. Trying to build a semi affordable transcoding machine :)
My 3GB GTX580 is giving me about 26.1fps on 4KHD, so I would guess a 680 or 780 would get you about that as well.
 
Back
Top