Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Group Buy: L'Aigle Exoskeleton

Berenger, your efforts are appreciated. You made a big difference with this group buy.
 
Thanks Berenger! I don't even want to think what could have happened to this groupbuy if you havent stepped in.

Thanks Pierre for for this great groupbuy. I put my faith in your hands already last year buy paying full and no regrets here. I think it shows your commiment that you would not deliver the worlds first exoskeleton for gimballs until it was ready. Sure its been a long wait, but we getting the mark iii instead of the first version showed at ibc. The wait will be worth it, if you ask me!

Thanks Carey for setting up the groupbuy. Is it true like the rumors says that you working on the review together with Ketch to show the best use of it togeter with a dji ronin? No Im just teasing with you guys. Love you!
 
I did not let any group buy die - everyone knows how to pay their remaining balance. We are all grown ups here. When it's time to pay the balance, you pay the balance. It's that simple. Pierre just needed to send a final invoice to everyone, and they needed to pay. That was all that needed to be done. I've been on set shooting a feature and unavailable. Berenger volunteered to help. I have done too much already by putting the thing together, having everyone pay their deposit, testing the unit for a full week and sharing all of my thoughts with Pierre about how the unit needed to be improved... Pierre has been making improvements ever since. I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on this group buy... then I got a project that I had to go shoot because I have to make a living too! I am still shooting project now and will be for the next two months. If anyone doesn't want to pay, they are out. It's that simple. If you payed a deposit - but don't want to pay the remaining balance - you're out! Why anyone would do that is beyond me. Pay what you owe, or drop out. I'm too busy to hold anyone's hand. You all know how these things work. Pierre is refining the Exoskeleton and ironing out any of its bugs so that you all get the best possible unit. Did you guys want the prototype that was sent to me? Or do you want a final production model that works flawlessly in ALL SHOOTING SCENARIOS? Trust me, you want the latter. If you've paid your deposit but haven't paid your balance, please do so immediately. Thank you.
 
Thanks guys for putting this GB together. Can't wait to put the dumb bells away.
 
Amen brother, every time I use my ronin I feel like I'm getting weaker :(
 
I'm on the Alternate list, and would be happy to take one of the final spots. Thanks!

Is it a no brainer or what ? I can't imagine not following through on this group buy unless you have some really bad personal circumstance.
A
 
I would be happy to fill an alternate spot should it be needed to be filled. I know there is probably a long list after the official alternates list but I am prepared.
 
I did not let any group buy die - everyone knows how to pay their remaining balance. We are all grown ups here. When it's time to pay the balance, you pay the balance. It's that simple. Pierre just needed to send a final invoice to everyone, and they needed to pay. That was all that needed to be done. I've been on set shooting a feature and unavailable. Berenger volunteered to help. I have done too much already by putting the thing together, having everyone pay their deposit, testing the unit for a full week and sharing all of my thoughts with Pierre about how the unit needed to be improved... Pierre has been making improvements ever since. I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on this group buy... then I got a project that I had to go shoot because I have to make a living too! I am still shooting project now and will be for the next two months. If anyone doesn't want to pay, they are out. It's that simple. If you payed a deposit - but don't want to pay the remaining balance - you're out! Why anyone would do that is beyond me. Pay what you owe, or drop out. I'm too busy to hold anyone's hand. You all know how these things work. Pierre is refining the Exoskeleton and ironing out any of its bugs so that you all get the best possible unit. Did you guys want the prototype that was sent to me? Or do you want a final production model that works flawlessly in ALL SHOOTING SCENARIOS? Trust me, you want the latter. If you've paid your deposit but haven't paid your balance, please do so immediately. Thank you.

Thanks Carey Lee,
You definitely earned your unit with your many hours of work, we wouldn't be getting this awesome deal without your invaluable input.
A
 
So what's the plan for the people who don't paid ? Is it possible to add a deadline until friday, add alternate this weekend, paid full for next wedenesday/tuesday and its done ?
 
So I understand we're undergoing some last minute adjustments to make the unit even better (sweet). That said we've got some large shoots (as I'm sure everyone does) that frankly we NEED these units on. If in any way people's payments are holding us all up I am prepared to purchase whatever the remaining number of units is to get us to where we need to be. So long as we can receive a firm shipping date so that I (and many others) can finally plan our exo-dependent shoots.

I'm entirely serious about this but will only entertain the notion until the end of this week (May 8th) as I only intend for this to help expedite delivery. If it makes no difference then there's no real point but I am happy to try.

Pierre/Berenger hopefully some thoughts can be shared.
 
So I understand we're undergoing some last minute adjustments to make the unit even better (sweet). That said we've got some large shoots (as I'm sure everyone does) that frankly we NEED these units on. If in any way people's payments are holding us all up I am prepared to purchase whatever the remaining number of units is to get us to where we need to be. So long as we can receive a firm shipping date so that I (and many others) can finally plan our exo-dependent shoots.

I'm entirely serious about this but will only entertain the notion until the end of this week (May 8th) as I only intend for this to help expedite delivery. If it makes no difference then there's no real point but I am happy to try.

Pierre/Berenger hopefully some thoughts can be shared.

Wow - great offer, thanks David!

We're certainly getting into a zone where this could impact our productions - I am now in NYC only until May 22, awaiting delivery to our New York studio for testing, and driving it back up to our Toronto office for important shoots at the end of May and in June. This was booked on the assumption that there was no way the group buy would possibly be delayed until after May :)

If the units are now ready to ship and the only delay are those who have not paid with THIS MUCH notice, I'm open to anything that can accelerate delivery. Drop them, replace them, whatever. We all need a firm shipping date now.

Everyone (especially Pierre!) has been very patient, but now is the time to complete this. David's offer is super generous, and would avoid us all having to wire and wait for new transfers... a real can of worms.

Let's make this happen guys! Let's get some firm dates in writing.

Thanks!
 
David Dvir may have a low posting count but I have been to his facilities and know that he's a stand up guy.

That said, I hope he doesn't have to be taken on his offer as I truly hope that we are close. There really should be no waiting till all remaining folks pay since it should still take time to manufacture and ship to those that have paid, correct? I'd think that this would be the priority since they probably aren't sitting in a warehouse ready and assigned.

I'm hoping the ball can start rolling in a few days to the first customers in the purchase order. "Good Artists Ship" - Steve Jobs.
 
So I understand we're undergoing some last minute adjustments to make the unit even better (sweet). That said we've got some large shoots (as I'm sure everyone does) that frankly we NEED these units on. If in any way people's payments are holding us all up I am prepared to purchase whatever the remaining number of units is to get us to where we need to be. So long as we can receive a firm shipping date so that I (and many others) can finally plan our exo-dependent shoots.

I'm entirely serious about this but will only entertain the notion until the end of this week (May 8th) as I only intend for this to help expedite delivery. If it makes no difference then there's no real point but I am happy to try.

Pierre/Berenger hopefully some thoughts can be shared.

That's a mighty big offer. However, correct if I'm wrong but it seems like there are enough alternates to cover the dead beats. If not, if anyone has the extra scratch to cover the units, based on its MSRP it seems like you could quickly flip the extra unit to cover the cost and then some for your inconvenience.
 
That's a mighty big offer. However, correct if I'm wrong but it seems like there are enough alternates to cover the dead beats. If not, if anyone has the extra scratch to cover the units, based on its MSRP it seems like you could quickly flip the extra unit to cover the cost and then some for your inconvenience.

Ned I think you may be correct but my offer is mainly to start this process NOW. We've all waited a while and if (and only if) it's a matter of the last few units I think that's a really silly reason to withhold shipping. That said the case may well be that the units are still in development but I'm just trying to get some real final answers because in all honesty there has just been way too much ambiguity for me to rely on no shipping date. I would have never in a million years thought it would be a May delivery when I signed up and it's looking well likely to be June +. Anything we can do to move along is AOK with me.

We run a small rental shop in Toronto and I'm confident these units will rent like hot-cakes so I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is if it's hand-on in May!

PS thanks Wil :)
 
Ned I think you may be correct but my offer is mainly to start this process NOW. We've all waited a while and if (and only if) it's a matter of the last few units I think that's a really silly reason to withhold shipping. That said the case may well be that the units are still in development but I'm just trying to get some real final answers because in all honesty there has just been way too much ambiguity for me to rely on no shipping date. I would have never in a million years thought it would be a May delivery when I signed up and it's looking well likely to be June +. Anything we can do to move along is AOK with me.

We run a small rental shop in Toronto and I'm confident these units will rent like hot-cakes so I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is if it's hand-on in May!

PS thanks Wil :)

I hear you. Sounds like many of us have projects that the Exo will have a huge impact. I got a feature starting the 29th. Anyway, my gut tells me the hold up is re-design / mods. The extending arm and more narrow profile is worth it. Just wish there was a timeline.
 
So I understand we're undergoing some last minute adjustments to make the unit even better (sweet). That said we've got some large shoots (as I'm sure everyone does) that frankly we NEED these units on. If in any way people's payments are holding us all up I am prepared to purchase whatever the remaining number of units is to get us to where we need to be. So long as we can receive a firm shipping date so that I (and many others) can finally plan our exo-dependent shoots.

I'm entirely serious about this but will only entertain the notion until the end of this week (May 8th) as I only intend for this to help expedite delivery. If it makes no difference then there's no real point but I am happy to try.

Pierre/Berenger hopefully some thoughts can be shared.
Very generous offer David. But please bear in mind that several of us who were on a list for additional units for some weeks for the same reasons you quote, were told yesterday that it wasn't happening. At least that's how I understand it.
 
So then what is the latest update? Is there an actual redesign taking place? Are we looking for May delivery? June? I thought the unit shown at NAB was final and ready to go?.... no?
 
If we need to make a quota to get the price we have already paid, I feel the right thing to do would be to offer an additional unit(s) to those in the original group buy who have made their payments on time. I would take an additional unit and pay tomorrow.
 
Back
Top