Greg Faysash
Active member
- Joined
- May 6, 2014
- Messages
- 31
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Berenger, your efforts are appreciated. You made a big difference with this group buy.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: this_feature_currently_requires_accessing_site_using_safari
Bérenger your efforts have been appreciated. Thank you.
Carey - Thank you.
Pierre - Thank you.
I'm on the Alternate list, and would be happy to take one of the final spots. Thanks!
I did not let any group buy die - everyone knows how to pay their remaining balance. We are all grown ups here. When it's time to pay the balance, you pay the balance. It's that simple. Pierre just needed to send a final invoice to everyone, and they needed to pay. That was all that needed to be done. I've been on set shooting a feature and unavailable. Berenger volunteered to help. I have done too much already by putting the thing together, having everyone pay their deposit, testing the unit for a full week and sharing all of my thoughts with Pierre about how the unit needed to be improved... Pierre has been making improvements ever since. I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on this group buy... then I got a project that I had to go shoot because I have to make a living too! I am still shooting project now and will be for the next two months. If anyone doesn't want to pay, they are out. It's that simple. If you payed a deposit - but don't want to pay the remaining balance - you're out! Why anyone would do that is beyond me. Pay what you owe, or drop out. I'm too busy to hold anyone's hand. You all know how these things work. Pierre is refining the Exoskeleton and ironing out any of its bugs so that you all get the best possible unit. Did you guys want the prototype that was sent to me? Or do you want a final production model that works flawlessly in ALL SHOOTING SCENARIOS? Trust me, you want the latter. If you've paid your deposit but haven't paid your balance, please do so immediately. Thank you.
So I understand we're undergoing some last minute adjustments to make the unit even better (sweet). That said we've got some large shoots (as I'm sure everyone does) that frankly we NEED these units on. If in any way people's payments are holding us all up I am prepared to purchase whatever the remaining number of units is to get us to where we need to be. So long as we can receive a firm shipping date so that I (and many others) can finally plan our exo-dependent shoots.
I'm entirely serious about this but will only entertain the notion until the end of this week (May 8th) as I only intend for this to help expedite delivery. If it makes no difference then there's no real point but I am happy to try.
Pierre/Berenger hopefully some thoughts can be shared.
So I understand we're undergoing some last minute adjustments to make the unit even better (sweet). That said we've got some large shoots (as I'm sure everyone does) that frankly we NEED these units on. If in any way people's payments are holding us all up I am prepared to purchase whatever the remaining number of units is to get us to where we need to be. So long as we can receive a firm shipping date so that I (and many others) can finally plan our exo-dependent shoots.
I'm entirely serious about this but will only entertain the notion until the end of this week (May 8th) as I only intend for this to help expedite delivery. If it makes no difference then there's no real point but I am happy to try.
Pierre/Berenger hopefully some thoughts can be shared.
That's a mighty big offer. However, correct if I'm wrong but it seems like there are enough alternates to cover the dead beats. If not, if anyone has the extra scratch to cover the units, based on its MSRP it seems like you could quickly flip the extra unit to cover the cost and then some for your inconvenience.
Ned I think you may be correct but my offer is mainly to start this process NOW. We've all waited a while and if (and only if) it's a matter of the last few units I think that's a really silly reason to withhold shipping. That said the case may well be that the units are still in development but I'm just trying to get some real final answers because in all honesty there has just been way too much ambiguity for me to rely on no shipping date. I would have never in a million years thought it would be a May delivery when I signed up and it's looking well likely to be June +. Anything we can do to move along is AOK with me.
We run a small rental shop in Toronto and I'm confident these units will rent like hot-cakes so I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is if it's hand-on in May!
PS thanks Wil![]()
Very generous offer David. But please bear in mind that several of us who were on a list for additional units for some weeks for the same reasons you quote, were told yesterday that it wasn't happening. At least that's how I understand it.So I understand we're undergoing some last minute adjustments to make the unit even better (sweet). That said we've got some large shoots (as I'm sure everyone does) that frankly we NEED these units on. If in any way people's payments are holding us all up I am prepared to purchase whatever the remaining number of units is to get us to where we need to be. So long as we can receive a firm shipping date so that I (and many others) can finally plan our exo-dependent shoots.
I'm entirely serious about this but will only entertain the notion until the end of this week (May 8th) as I only intend for this to help expedite delivery. If it makes no difference then there's no real point but I am happy to try.
Pierre/Berenger hopefully some thoughts can be shared.