Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Fool Control Question

Hi Mikael any idea what would be the smallest gigabit router that could replace the hotlink for the DSMC1 body using the Ethernet cable.

Hello

I haven't found a small one portable last time I looked, but maybe there are some new ones out. Most of the small routers are made for domestic use and only offer 10/100 speeds. Will try to look if online see if I can find any...

FWIW Teradek also has a Gig-E connector on their COLR device and it can be used as a connection hub for foolcontrol...
 
Still having problems with my Hotlinks. So looking for alternatives for a cabled option to our underwater housing that uses the Ethernet port. Even a smallish router that could be powered from a 12v battery.

for underwater you can use a direct ethernet cable going up to the surface (up to 100m) and use the OS X version without any router... or attach any (larger) gig-e router for wifi access via iOS app...

any chance you will be at NAB next week ? If so we can talk with Ryan from Nauticam and find the best solution for your needs, we will both be in the RED booth :-)


edit :

if you use the 10/100 router I posted earlier in this thread, you could add this 5V powered GIG-E switch and be fine... but that's 2 devices...

http://www.amazon.com/KEEBOX-SGE05-1000Mbps-Gigabit-Ethernet/dp/B004FM58MO/ref=sr_1_2
 
Hi Mikael, do you know of any other third party solutions for wifi connectivity between Foolcontrol and the camera coming up during NAB ?
 
Hi All

I've just installed Fool Control and we are using Hot Link from OffHollywood. So far AMAZING can't believe I didn't do this earlier. Very very nicely thought out App by Mikael.

My Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 mk1 (Nikon fit) doesn't seem to it's the first version of this lens, the aperture works but not AF is anyone else using AF on this lens with their cameras?

EDIT: Just checked this and the lens isn't supported by Red for AF, oops my bad for not reading the manual.

Thank you
 
Last edited:
Ok I'm LOVING fool control. BUT.......

My Sigma 18-35 Art lens doesn't seem to be consistent with the focus pulling, you set a mark and each time you hit the mark it's a bit more out of focus. The first one is fine but it drifts after that. The Nikon AF lenses hit the mark very consistently.

Does anyone else have this lens and are using it with Fool Control ?

Can I calibrate the lens with the camera somehow ? Yes I've tried to Re-Init the lens through Fool Control to no avail.

Any Ideas ?

Thanking you all
 
With the new latitude and sidekick, is it possible to, on a limited budget, only get the motor and the sidekick and drive actual cine-lenses with the fool control focus slider? That would be phenomenal!
 
With the new latitude and sidekick, is it possible to, on a limited budget, only get the motor and the sidekick and drive actual cine-lenses with the fool control focus slider? That would be phenomenal!

y e s
 
Back
Top