Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

EPIC + Kenneth Willardt

I thought the Epic was finally being released by May? It's June.

Tattoo program was to start in May. It's not June until tomorrow. Tattoo program has started as far as I can tell. Some of the suspected recipients of Tattoo cameras have gone quiet on twitter and on their blogs. Realistically, I'm betting there are fewer than 20 Tattoo cameras, or will be less than 20 when all are delivered. Actually I think 10 to 15 being the most likely. In addition to the named prototypes, which are already out there shooting. Stage-2 Epics should begin shipping in a couple months, I would think. As long as there is no major drama. I'm really hoping I can get mine the first week of August for something I'm doing then...
 
Last edited:
Super Hunch

Super Hunch

I'm with Jeff. Stated on my thread "writing on the wall" that they were already out there.
Super smart to keep development quiet because if not all the requests and bitching
would never allow for Epic-X to release. In any case delivery will be sooner rather than later.
 
Tattoo program was to start in May. It's not June until tomorrow. Tattoo program has started as far as I can tell..

Correct... The Tattoo Program has already begun, Snake Oil, Lucky, Jackpot, Crackpot and Ghost are all Tattoo cameras that have been built in the last couple weeks. Several more are being assembled, and once Firmware V1.0 is ready, those new Tattoos will be delivered to the selected few that are in the Tattoo program.
 
Correct... The Tattoo Program has already begun, Snake Oil, Lucky, Jackpot, Crackpot and Ghost are all Tattoo cameras that have been built in the last couple weeks. Several more are being assembled, and once Firmware V1.0 is ready, those new Tattoos will be delivered to the selected few that are in the Tattoo program.

Hope the Tatoo lucky ones iron out as many kinks as possible before the final release...and hope that is as soon as possible
 
In every shot on the video we see the camera held in the horizontal position. In my many years shooting fashion stills, many shots are done with the camera in the vertical position to maximize the film or sensor real estate.

How easy will it be to switch back and forth from Hor. to vert. for different framing considering monitors, follow focus, balance, etc?

It would be great if there were a 90 degree rotation function for just the brain to rotate the sensor instead of the whole camera.

Keith (originally a NYC based photographer)
 
Jarred,

Could testing through the Tattoo program change things like(?):
-body design
-module design
-lens mount design
-ergonomics

or is it limited to software/general camera performance?

David
 
Jarred,

Could testing through the Tattoo program change things like(?):
-body design
-module design
-lens mount design
-ergonomics

or is it limited to software/general camera performance?

David

That's a really interesting question because all these things would take time and another testing phase. But I guess RED has some experience now with ergonomics etc. So I would assume the body is pretty fixed as well as the ergonomics. Redoing a module would not be THAT critical as they are optional. (I know that without the SSDs or I/O modules some people might get problems but I still think RED will get those right straight away.)
Another question for me is, whether all the progress that is made on the EPICs can be directly transfered to the Scarlets and speed up their development so that both releases get even closer.
 
Correct... The Tattoo Program has already begun, Snake Oil, Lucky, Jackpot, Crackpot and Ghost are all Tattoo cameras that have been built in the last couple weeks. Several more are being assembled, and once Firmware V1.0 is ready, those new Tattoos will be delivered to the selected few that are in the Tattoo program.

As I said many times before in several threads, the TATTOO cameras were the ones been build, in Beautiful BLACK, not the previously announced finished, but now that has been confirmed.. THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! My Epic-X is closer and closer by the day, he he.
 
Jarred,

Could testing through the Tattoo program change things like(?):
-body design
-module design
-lens mount design
-ergonomics

or is it limited to software/general camera performance?

David

all of the above....
 
Jarred, enough of this studio stuff.. we need to get one of those babies out for some wilderness and nature shooting! :beer:
 
Correct... The Tattoo Program has already begun, Snake Oil, Lucky, Jackpot, Crackpot and Ghost are all Tattoo cameras that have been built in the last couple weeks. Several more are being assembled, and once Firmware V1.0 is ready, those new Tattoos will be delivered to the selected few that are in the Tattoo program.

I bet some legends are thinking of abandoning film.
 
Correct... The Tattoo Program has already begun, Snake Oil, Lucky, Jackpot, Crackpot and Ghost are all Tattoo cameras that have been built in the last couple weeks. Several more are being assembled, and once Firmware V1.0 is ready, those new Tattoos will be delivered to the selected few that are in the Tattoo program.
Awesome. One step closer to Stage 2 !
:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top