Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

DAVINCI RESOLVE and ***HACKINTOSH HP Z800***

ehehe MAvericks is out,,,,

i wait only new Mac pro ... i wait new smsbios for turbo boost... when all is ok "machete" go out free download for hpz800 and hpz820 ;)
 
Guyss...
I thank you for your interest ..

as already 'this aspect of the release of new mac pro and the new Nvidia dirver Web.
I need new SMBIOS for turbo boost and want to have the web nvidia driver.

Be patient ..
 
Great & Thanks !!!

we waiting ... for it !

but can you explain me ... SMBIOS is only software ?
on HP Z800, is it possible and more easy to have multi gpu card with osx maverick ?
do you test a maverick and multi gpu card on Z800 without this nex SMBIOS ?

thanks

Nico
 
Hello, I have build another Z800 but i have a problem with Highpoint RAID CARD 2722. I have installed in Slot 7. The system recognizes the RAID but speed transfer is about 3 MB/s. What is wrong? Have i to select anything in bios and to load the RAID card. Thnk You
 
Cesar you are posting in a forum that has nothing to do with your question. Call highpoint - their cards are not super great BTW - and can fail for any number of reasons.
 
I'm very happy with my new toy. HP z800 X5690 with 24 GB RAM. Thank You to Luiggi and other people that have made possible this.

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202014-01-18%20a%20la(s)%2013.23.20.png
 
Hello, I'm having randoms shutdowns unexpectedly. When I work in Premiere CC exporting or in neat video doing a lot of work, the system shuts down. Has anyone problems with PSU or something like that ?. Using BM, GTX 590, and HighPont 2722. Thank You.
 
Hello, I'm having randoms shutdowns unexpectedly. When I work in Premiere CC exporting or in neat video doing a lot of work, the system shuts down. Has anyone problems with PSU or something like that ?. Using BM, GTX 590, and HighPont 2722. Thank You.

Cesar whit gtx 590 you must have 1100 watt powersupply
 
well .. a bit of a hurry .. but I have created a new build machete "dragon" 10.9.1 for hp z800 :)

this is beta version .. nothing definitive. It would be important to your feedback.
There will be enough trouble between the video cards.
This version supports only one video card (my gtx 590 work very well), I have not tried it with 2.

What does not work:
on-board audio.

is charging now .... (about 10 hourss is end)

for download ftp:
FTP username: hposx@cine5k.ch
FTP server: ftp.cine5k.ch
FTP port: 21



setup and build:
-download image from ftp and use carbon cloner for restore image in new hard drive,
-install chamaleon in new hard drive, only select drive and install, NOT touch preferences.
-you must install video card in first slot X16 from cpu socket.
- mavericks 10.9.1, username is hpz800 password is: 1234

enjoy is free :biggrin:

luigi


contact me for password ftp.
 
Last edited:
THANKS ... i explore it :)

So .. the question is now : witch video card ????
i have GTX285 + QUADRO 4800 .... too OLD ...

need advice ...


In resolve & redcineX this card are not recognize like CUDA device :(
The software only work in OpenCL acceleration ... but it's; poor performance (because of video card, i think)

Luigi do you think you make a new version of machete maverick with 2 vidéocard, soon ?

Luigi, i would like to replace this 2 video card by only ONE ... advice ? or too early ?

Thanks
 
the gtx 285 should go, you try to install only 1 video card ..

the release for 2 video cards do not soon ..
It takes more time ... and at this time I do not.

be an advice .. try taking a gtx 590 used and try. My works well.
 
NICO, I have not tried yet.
But try .. backup your system.. attentiona at driver.

Good luck ;)
 
Back
Top