Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

DAVINCI RESOLVE and ***HACKINTOSH HP Z800***

... continue to install, so machete for 10.9.1 have a smbios : macpro3,1 and give some error for avid for exemple .... i put Macpro4,1 in the smbios.plist and it's work now ...
I don't find solution to upgrade to 10.9.2 or 10.9.3 now ... i think about buy a R9 270x or 280x or 290x, what do you thin luigi ?
i try quadro + ati 5770 on the same time and it's ok without tweaks ...

adventure continue ...
 
Hi, nico. I have my Z800 with one GTX590 and i think it's great. Waiting too for the 10.9.3 update.
Thank You to all.
 
Hello. I have updated my Z800 to 10.9.1. My sistem has GTX590 in slot 1 and Blackmagic and a Raid card. When i try to export using CUDA in premiere CC (2014) my computer shut down suddenly. I have changed thermal sensor and doesn't work. I have tried putting another PSU (650 W) only to the GTX 590 and nothing and the last thing i did was delete AGPM KExt thinking it's a problem with the management of the graphics. It happens to me when i try to use Neat Video with 1 or 2 GPU. I think this is the problem but i don't know how to solve. Anyone is having same problem as mine?.With Davinci i have no problem and the same with rendering in premiere. I have done the same test on windows 8.1 and it works perfect.

I have to use only with CPU
 
Hello, again i have updated to 10.9.4 successfully, only i have to rollback to SAS drivers from 10.9.1. Apple has changed in 10.9.2 and it was the problem of "waiting for root device". Update 10.9.1 from Luigi with OSX1094 Combo Update then delete /System/Library/AppleHPET.kext and replace the extensions with this provided by me (It's from 10.9.1). Then you can restart. If you update and restart without changing extensions you can't boot. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1206172/Extensiones_LSI_1091.zip

Enjoy and update
 
Nope sorry. I have thinking on the idea of migrating to Windows. Now I'm working with 10.9.5.
 
Cesar did you use the same rollback you posted in response #145 for 10.9.5?
 
Nope sorry. I have thinking on the idea of migrating to Windows. Now I'm working with 10.9.5.


this be the right way.
Has no more sense to use osx.
Also because, now be a system very limited expansion.
Yosemite has limitations core cpu and gpu, be a disaster ..


For now, the advice is to do a good pc, give a lot of satisfaction at low cost and with Maraizon, you have a great ProRes;)


Anyway, thanks again Cesar to keep alive this thread ..
 
[h=1]Miraizon DNxHD and ProRes Codecs V2[/h]is good but it has its own problems with quality but I agree way forward beyond osx is windows 8 but I need it for Final Cut Pro :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top