Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Another Cheap battery alternative

I have the Dynacore 220wh. They come in AB as well. Search on Ebay. I love mine.
Troy, do you still have these Dynacore 220wh batteries? How long do they last and what do you charge them with? Do they show up on the monitor with reading?
 
Hey all,
I thought I'd chime in with my experience as this was one of the first posts I read to help me make a decision in purchasing batteries for my Scarlet-X. I got 2 130wh batteries and these babies are cheap and reliable. I just got off a shoot recently and it was powering the camera, red touch, additional monitor, and a wireless HD transmitter via d-tap outlet cable!

As Jett was saying, the LED readings on the side are a bit wonky as they can drop bars rather quickly. Also, I've seen readings on camera stating that the full charge is at 16.0v/- and quickly drop to 15.0v in a matter of 20 minutes. However, the 130wh will last up to a good 1.5-2+hrs depending on how much stuff it's powering. In my opinion, I'd swap batteries once the reading displays 12.5/12.4v as after that point the power diminishes rapidly. Lowest I've seen this battery go is about 11.8 to 11.2 or so and then the camera just dies.

All in all, these are the cheapest batteries I've found and they work fantastically. I know they charge great on a Batteries4Broadcast dual-charger. I just bought a Dynacore dual-charger and will post my findings on how they work with it. Also, going to purchase a 190wh too!

Anyhow, I hope I haven't been too long-winded with my review. Let me know if any of you guys have any questions.

Cheers,Dae
 
Last edited:
hi all,
My email(gmail) be shield since 01/12/2014. just recover three days ago.
There are's important information must explain.
Our battery maximam load is 100W. If u want more load. U must order 180W version.
Battery(100W version) work on over load state .battery will damage ! time shorter\ hot\ loss of life. not work finally. (ebay.. almost 100W version)
 
power-u battery---------100W(Li+)@7A {95Wh 130Wh 150Wh 190Wh 220Wh 260Wh 290Wh}
| |
| |---180w(Li+)@12A {95Wh 130Wh 150Wh 190Wh 220Wh 260Wh 290Wh} BOOK、 Do not recommend。
|
|
|-----180W(LiMn)@12A {170Wh 260Wh}
|
|
|-----100W(Li+)@7A {95Wh 130Wh 150Wh} build in charger



power-u charger---------Dual charger
|
|
|-----Travel charger
|
|
|-----Travel dual charger

power-u led panle light-----------576D 576T 576D/T {576 pcs led Lamp beads DMX}
|
|
|------900D 900T 900D/T {900 pcs led Lamp beads DMX}
 
Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck with these Rolux batteries?
http://camerakings.co.uk/rolux-160w-v-mount-li-ion-rechargeable-battery
Will these work with the Red Quickplate and will I get battery info on the display?
Also do you still have to have a battery in the side handle to make all of this work or was that fixed?
Thanks.

Hey, saw this and thought I would chime in. My brother in law has a couple Rolux batteries that he uses on his Alexa. We just shot a feature together and used those as are primary batteries. They worked great! There were two times when the camera would just shut off even though the battery still had plenty of charge. I'm assuming it is because the Alexa draws a lot of power and the battery output is somewhat irregular. But who knows. Other than that, they were great. I'm hoping they will work well on my Scarlet.
 
Hi Patrick .. yes I have used them.. I rented a kit if 4 while on location in Paris. I did have one of the 4 stop charging. But the others worked great and its nice not to have to lug around a quad charger, just a few cables. The down side is they are big for the output but that is understandable given there is some sort of charging circuit built in. I am not sure I would fault the one that failed… being a rental it may have seen some hard time. I have a couple SWIT portable chargers. They work great.

http://swit.us/svbapoch.html
 
UPDATE - Nearly forgot about this post until I perused the Scarlet forum tonight. Anyhow, the batteries are still working great and charge just fine on my recently purchased Dynacore dual-charger! Also, while on set I saw someone using the Switronix Pro-X RED Scarlet/Epic line batteries and they look virtually identical minus the sticker labels and are almost twice as expensive!! Anyone else had this bit o' deja vu yet?
 
I've seen several mentions of using dual and quad Chargers, rather than the internal system. Do they charge any quicker this way? Thanks!
 
I've seen several mentions of using dual and quad Chargers, rather than the internal system. Do they charge any quicker this way? Thanks!

In my experience yes. They seem to charge much much quicker than the p-tap charger these batteries come with. The other benefit of using a dual/quad charger is having a status indicator on the charger. The Dynacore dual is well worth the sub-$200 investment.
 
Update from me:
ordered a couple of these a month ago. Because both units were in same order and due to shipping restrictions they sent one via EMS and one via singapore. The one from China via EMS was trackable via USPS once it entered the US. The singapore shipment I had no clue about once it left singapore. Received the first one in 11 days. The singapore shipment I received out of the blue in 17 days total. In the interim I placed an order for a third battery. That shipment seems to have never left China - it was routed around and then returned to sender (based on the limited EMS tracking it looks like they sent it back because maybe the mail processing center didn't want to handle battery shipment or the package got damaged in shipping.) I reached out to the seller and they received the return from shipper and dispatched a new battery through singapore so I guess I wait for that one.

I've used the 1st battery fully and charging now for the first time using the stock charger. Only used it for testing but worked fine. Had a redvolt in the sidehandle so hot-swapping also was fine. Overall so far a good experience. Probably will order more to power lights, etc.
 
Has anyone tried this the 130wh U power battery on the DSMC2 Base I/O? Has the cableless V-mount no power issue been taken care of? I was wondering about fit with the ports that are on the right side of the expander.
 
Has anyone tried this the 130wh U power battery on the DSMC2 Base I/O? Has the cableless V-mount no power issue been taken care of? I was wondering about fit with the ports that are on the right side of the expander.

I am going to head to the RED Store tomorrow to pick up something and if they'll let me I will try and test my 130wh. Wish me luck!
 
I am going to head to the RED Store tomorrow to pick up something and if they'll let me I will try and test my 130wh. Wish me luck!

Tell us how it goes! I'm interested in the Power U 130w batteries for my Red Raven
 
Tell us how it goes! I'm interested in the Power U 130w batteries for my Red Raven

Sorry folks, they didn't have any DSMC2 V-Lock Expanders available so couldn't test out the brick. Looks like we are gonna have to wait until they get them or us REDites who have the bricks get our Weapons.
 
A V-Mount with 7A max load, is this enough to power the Scarlet, right?

Correct my math if it's wrong, but 7A x 14.4V = 100.8 Max Watt Output. Does this sound right? So if the Scarlet-W which might need 70 watts to run, I should be covered correct? Found this Bebob V-Mounts which are priced pretty good at 150wh and very light for that amount of output. I've read they make good stuff.

http://www.bebob.de/Batteries-and-chargers/V-Mount/batteries/V150.html
 
Any news on those batteries? Which I guess are this ones: link

Do they work on the I/O Expander? I would like to buy them for my RAVEN
 
Back
Top