Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

1st Scarlet....

Deanan,

Is the Stills mode kaput?

Meaning, will we ever get a simple single frame, and flash Trigger?

I'm not even curious about ETTL or any of that... a single frame, and a strobe trigger is all i need....

If the Scarlet/Epic could do that i'd sell my 5D in a hearbeat.
 
36 Minutes in 'standby'... not to be a hater, but what's the point of using a battery that only lasts 36 minutes? What is an example of a use where it's acceptable to change bulky batteries every 36 minutes? I don't get it...

The only reason I can see this being useful is for hot-swapping external batteries, like anton-bauer or V-mount. While you swap batteries, the camera is powered by the battery in the handle. Saves a bit of reboot time, I guess?
 
DSMC means shoot motion with the ability to pull stills just as good as a DSLR.
Unlike a DSLR that shoots stills and video at vastly different quality.

Nobody's defending DSLR video.

I just mean I'd hoped I could shoot sports/photojournalism/handheld/for-hours-at-a-time and it sounds like it's more suited to the studio.

Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of photographers stuck behind absurd ISO25 0.9fps medium format backs will worship this thing. Just not what I personally was hoping for.
 
Should we send out the Coast Guard to look for Tonaci? Maybe the seagull had ill tempered camera shy friends. I'm worried and can't sleep
 
How long can a Scarlet sit with the 5" monitor running? More than 20 minutes? I was hoping to get away with 4 redvolts but now that's starting to sound like an hour.
 
Night Shot Exterior Red Scarlet X
Lens - Super Speed 25mm Mark I
I had the lens open at 2.0 with Scarlet at ISO 800 shot handheld 4k 24fps.

Very minimal curve applied.

night_ext_iso800.jpg
 
Tonaci, your a hero, 1.30 am & your doing exposure tests after a day of juggling relatives & work . Come on guys let him have a break.
 
Jeeze... Erik. I guess a guy can't post a personal opinion on here.

BTW, I don't think paint works too well on an anodized aluminum body.

M
I wasn't ripping you a new one - at least, that's not how I see it. If you thought I was, then I apologize. All I did was suggest an alternative solution to your problem, one that I (think?) RED actually thought about offering at one point (where the "please, no pink" comment Jarred made way back comes from :-)).
 
did red say anything about ho many scarlet they shipped ?
or how many are they expecting t ship before the end of the year ?
i have the little fear that they will ship just a few (with would mean "maintain the word " ) but just a few ...

g
 
Still no footage,

I'm really wondering why no one at RED has simply sent an intern or local trusted filmmaker to show off some real Scarlet X footage. It doesn't make any sense we haven't seen proven footage. I mean, I ordered one, but still would like to see footage and comments about real users before it's release to me.

I know the Scarlet is Epic at 4K at normal framerates, but who cares, it is about confidence. Can RED please just get a few minutes of shots together and maybe a behind the scenes video? That can't be too much to ask.

On another note Tonaci, if you are not going to post footage today, can you maybe give some explanations and verbage' about your opinion of the camera, reliability with it so far, your personal thoughts, possible problems, hickups, etc?
 
Back
Top