Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

1st Scarlet....

I'm not sure I understand . You guys think the scarlet footage will somehow look different than epic footage at the same frame rate?
-Les
 
I'm not sure I understand . You guys think the scarlet footage will somehow look different than epic footage at the same frame rate?
-Les
It should (video). EPIC is 5K and Scarlet is 4K.
 
Perhaps REDs clever plan is to make Scarlet grey so people will have to buy lots of black cages and ribs and cheeseplates from them so they can actually make their money back on this deal of a camera! :P
 
Customizing the Scarlet beyond the required stuff

Customizing the Scarlet beyond the required stuff

I noticed different pictures (exterior looks) of Scarlet on the Red website. Are these just prototypes or optional panels available for sale so we can customize the Scarlet?
 

Attachments

  • Scarlet-Products.jpg
    Scarlet-Products.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 0
  • scarlet_modular.jpg
    scarlet_modular.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
If you're the first person with the camera, aren't you "obligated" to post lots of pics and sample footage for all of us on the Internets?

Yes, and the unboxing video too, just like Ketch Rossi and Steve Gibby did with the Epic M8, LOL!
 
Okay, I am working on throwing something together. =)
I finished doing shots in the morning for another project up in Los Angeles, raced down to San Diego, picked up additional lenses and drove as fast as I could to the beach.
Right when I got everything set up, the cloud cover blocked the sun...and everything around me turned gloomy. =(
Even so, I fired off some shots at different resolutions and frame rates.
Bird below was shot at 3k 48fps.
I am multi-tasking as I have relatives out of town I am entertaining while trying my best to get some cool shots up.
I'll be back with some scarlet treats soon.

redcinex.jpg
 
Best gull ever!!

Oh and, while you were away there has sprung up a Scarlet conspiracy theory on RU in which you are the lead suspect. Go on about your day now . . .
 
I am multi-tasking as I have relatives out of town I am entertaining while trying my best to get some cool shots up.
I'll be back with some scarlet treats soon.

Just wanted to say thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to share these tidbits with the community.
The thousands of us waiting on our Scarlet's greatly appreciate it.

Can't wait to see what you post when you have some time to breath.
:)
 
Right when I got everything set up, the cloud cover blocked the sun...and everything around me turned gloomy. =(

Oh, I thought it looked cool as heck yesterday... it looked like the world was ending, good ol' dark skies, made me miss FL. I am sure you got some great stuff, even if not what you had in mind. Hope you stayed outside late into the last light. Looking forward to see what you post. Thanks for the updates.
 
So.... its grey why? And i like it. :) I want mine to be grey if there is an option.....

Exactly! I don't care if it's pink. I'm going to make some awesome pictures with that thing!
 
Back
Top