Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Wifi Keeps Dropping Out - Scarlet-W - Foolcontrol losing connection

I wish the problem was only there in Ad Hoc mode. It happens when connected to Wifi as well.

did you send some log files to RED after your camera wifi crashed ?
 
As soon as your ios device goes into low power mode, which happens when your battery level goes under (20%??), fool control no longer works. Also, phone communications consume bandwidth and CPU which causes more problems. When using, enable airplane mode and re-enable wifi. Close all open apps. Be sure the phone is fully charged to get you the most mileage. I'd also suggest to turn down your brightness to get better battery life during your shoots. Good luck.
 
Same here, I have two cameras, Weapon Helium and Scarlet W.

Wifi works perfectly with the Scarlet-W, it reconnects 100%, but wifi crashes 10 times a day on the Weapon, even when I'm actually browsing the FC menu. It's pretty annoying since iOS says I'm still connected to the camera's wifi.
My OMOD module R-link is working perfectly on the Scarlet-W, but not at all on the Weapon.

I'm not sure it's firmware related.
 
Berenger.

Could you create a quick video that shows what happens to a WEAPON WIFI next to the SCARLET W - WIFI when this problem happens.

It would be fantastic to share this with people here, and hopefully help Red get to the bottom of why the WIFI on Weapon behaves differently (ie gets stuck / crashes / requires a reboot of the Camera).

AJ
 
I have many random disconnects between weapon and foolcontrol. Camera is less than 10 foot away from the ipad and I loose connection 10+ times over a 6 hour shoot. Just ordered the WC wifi extender to see if it helps reduce downtime.
 
I have given up trying to have a good connection with my Scarlet-W. Unfortunately a waste of $200 bucks usd, for something that has never worked for more then a minute or two and then it takes ten to reconnect, then same thing again.
 
Joking right? A $50K Weapon brain can't do WiFi?
 
Does the new firmware 7.0.0 fix it? Also maybe try turning on airplane mode on the iOS device, and from there only enable Wifi. Worked for me in the past.
 
Homer,

It definitely worth testing v7.0.0 to see if there has been any improvement.
I note however, there was no mention of a wifi fix in this build (unlike v6.4.21 Beta).

The underlying problem (IMHO) is that when the WIFI in the Brain gets 'stuck' - the Brain will no longer send out any Wifi data.

If - for example - you have two different devices connected to the Brain (over ad-hoc wifi) at the same time - neither will receive any further Wifi data when the Brain has a wifi issue. This issue is Only resolvable when the Brain is rebooted, or by reconfiguring the Wifi setup in the Brain.

AJ
 
Just tried with firmware v7.0.0, the problem still occurs..

however after some help frome mikael I've got an ethernet to rs232 converter to work more or less flawlessly, so I can really recommend going that route if you don't have a problem with an extra cable from the camera...

Makes me want to try an rs232 to wifi adapter and skip reds built in wifi since red have tested our camera and says it behaves the way it should behave..
 
Is anyone having this issue with a Weapon 8K shipped in the last 60 days?
 
OK!

I have released an 'Alpha' version the tool I mentioned earlier.

As it includes visual feedback on the healthiness of the wifi (ie if the Camera Brain is responding to 'camera discovery requests'), it can be used to provide a third data point to help resolve the source of the problem.

I have created a description & screenshots in the following post:
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showth...MSC2-control&p=1767299&viewfull=1#post1767299

AJ
 
Back
Top