Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Wifi Issue Weapon MG

Azzie Scott

Well-known member
Joined
May 21, 2013
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
New York City
Website
www.thedreamdept.com
I use my camera with FoolControl. When I turn on my cameras wifi and try to connect to my cameras wifi network via my iPhone it shows on my phone that I'm connected but it no longer shows the wifi icon on my phone indicating that I'm connected to wifi. This just started doing this today. I was connected then, my connection dropped. Now it wont show the wifi icon on my phone or iPad. But weirdly it will show my weapons wifi in the list of available networks on my phone and allows me to connect. I get intermittent connection issues when trying to use foolcontrol. I understand foolcontrol is a third party app but I think something is going on with the wifi module in my camera (Possibly) ,I could be wrong, but seem weird that it won't show the wifi icon on my phone letting me know I'm connected as it did before.

Any Recommendations
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
This is how it works. You're connected to the wifi, but since there's no "internet" attached to it - it does not display the icon. Everything should work fine !

The only oddity I've noticed is that sometimes when reopening the app from standby - it needs to reconnect to my cam.
 
This is how it works. You're connected to the wifi, but since there's no "internet" attached to it - it does not display the icon. Everything should work fine !

The only oddity I've noticed is that sometimes when reopening the app from standby - it needs to reconnect to my cam.

yes iOS cannot keep the connection to the camera up in background so it reconnects when reopened.

Ozzie, a few things you can try :
- on iPhone it helps to turn off cellular by switching to airplane mode then only enabling wifi.
- if you have a lot of wifi in your surrounding you may need to select a less crowded wifi channel (an app called wifi scanner for Mac is useful to map the existing networks and choose the best one)
- using an existing network improves a lot both range and reliability of the wifi connection (when restarting camera etc). Use infrastructure mode instead of Ad Hoc whenever possible and I recommend using a small router on set so the camera and iOS can always be connected to a dedicated network....

This cheap TPLink router can be powered by USB (using a simple phone charger for example), does not require any specific setting and helps a lot :
https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR802N-Wireless-Repeater-300Mbps/dp/B00TQEX8BO

feel free to email me if you need to troubleshoot your setup or have any question...
 
Back
Top