Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Weapon thoughts

The XL camera module is kind of a travel charger. Except very slow.... the new ones can also charge on camera, which is nice.

I have the Epic XL module that I can't sell, might just keep it for this purpose, rather than selling it for 5% of its original value.


Again a dremel turn the volt travel charger into perfect low cost charger for the xl's....
 
Ah yes, I took a look at the Outrigger and that actually looks like a good solution for my needs (I have no problems with battery clearance, just sometimes need to bend the monitor towards me during concert shoots!)

I mentioned this in another thread, the DSMC1 top mount spacing works with Weapon, even though it's not listed as DSMC2 compatible in the store.
It allows you to mount the nato handle top or side and it clears V-lock batteries when mounted on top.

This is my temporary compact setup. The EVF is mounted on a WC UVF v2 Sled which sets up the lemo cable to poke you in the nose with perfection.

25663236803_3f91a794b6_b.jpg


25663236483_01d4260137_b.jpg
 
I mentioned this in another thread, the DSMC1 top mount spacing works with Weapon, even though it's not listed as DSMC2 compatible in the store.
It allows you to mount the nato handle top or side and it clears V-lock batteries when mounted on top.

This is my temporary compact setup. The EVF is mounted on a WC UVF v2 Sled which sets up the lemo cable to poke you in the nose with perfection.

25663236803_3f91a794b6_b.jpg


25663236483_01d4260137_b.jpg

This looks like a pretty good solution as well!

I took Phil's advice on the Outrigger[SUP]2 [/SUP]handle (just ordered, rep said it should be here by the end of the month). What I plan on doing is mounting a NATO rail on top of that so I can easily slide on/off my 5" touch. There should be enough space still for me to throw on the A-Box or even a shotgun mic as you have there on my Weapon Mg.

I know the new side handle won't be here until summer (shipping, at least, is what I read somewhere). This seems like a solid solution for now, and then I can eventually move some parts over to the Raven!

Actually, Milan - what is the back mounting piece you're using for the A-Box and mic? That looks nice!
 
looks like a nice setup, im concerned you are blocking the fans though, but it might just be the angle of the picture.
i want to find a rig to mount a bomb evf from the side mounts as i want to keep the 4.7 on top.
 
looks like a nice setup, im concerned you are blocking the fans though, but it might just be the angle of the picture.
i want to find a rig to mount a bomb evf from the side mounts as i want to keep the 4.7 on top.

Look at the second picture. You can clearly see the fans on top and they are not blocked.
 
What were you doing for power on your epic that you can't use it on the weapon for the time being? I had a v-mount plate hanging off rods off the top of the Epic and I've just bolted that onto the weapon and plugged in the power cable to the power input.

I used the cable-less V-lock module, so there's no cables involved.
 
I tested putting the old slider on in a backwards position to further push the handle forward. This is by far the best way I can think of getting it to work with the V-Lock expander. Just holding up the battery seems like you have enough room for the hand holding it and you also have more options mounting gear with rods etc. You do loose the ability to record by pressing the handle but that feels like a luxury feature we don't need. Though you cannot use the monitor attached on top for those of you who want that.

Battery1.jpg
 
I did a sound test and hit record while recording the sound. Sometimes the sound level is almost the same between standby and record and sometimes the fans increase when they should go silent.
Temp is 40/60

In this there's a slight change when hitting record, but not much and I still thinks the fans sound too loud when having sound on set.
Noise record
 
Back
Top