Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Weapon Cages???

ALL those ads on ebay are bogus. They are just people in China or elsewhere who hope to purchase them and make some money. The cages are not officially out. They will be out by end of January or early February. Keslow has some of the beta cages and also I have one.
The release version will have a few more switches and some mods but will look exactly the same. The internal QC is very good in that Tilta will not put out stuff that has any QC issues.
The Burbank TILTA store will be open in a week or so.
 
ALL those ads on ebay are bogus. They are just people in China or elsewhere who hope to purchase them and make some money. The cages are not officially out. They will be out by end of January or early February. Keslow has some of the beta cages and also I have one.
The release version will have a few more switches and some mods but will look exactly the same. The internal QC is very good in that Tilta will not put out stuff that has any QC issues.
The Burbank TILTA store will be open in a week or so.

Many thanks, Peter. I've had solid experiences with Tilta in the past, with their CF matte boxes, shoulder rigs, and Armorman 2, thus my interest in these rigs. It's also good to get some feedback on the eBay vendors. Chinese New Year is coming up at the end of January. Chinese companies typically launch new products just after that. Thanks again
 
Ordered these today:

http://www.smallrig.com/SMALLRIG-RED-SCARLET-W-RED-RAVEN-RED-WEAPON-Left-Side-Plate-1847.html
http://www.smallrig.com/SMALLRIG-RED-SCARLET-W-RED-RAVEN-RED-WEAPON-Right-Side-Plate-1848.html

Thinking the top of the camera is so small and occupied by handle and monitor so why not build on the sides instead.

Like the built in nato rails and rosettes and price vice its really not steep.

For the price, one could easily afford to keep these side plates as an option
 
Surprised we haven't seen anything from Red on this front.
 
Got inspired here by somebody building their camera with the small rig side plates. So ordered the same and got them the other day. Really like them and can only recommend. Find it far better to screw things the sides instead of ontop where there is little room for even the handle fans and monitor.

These side plates got both screw holes for arri and 8" and nato rails and arri rosettes. I got a new tripod just now as well and realised those tripod sticks could actually be mounted as handles and then I got a real nice shoulder setup without even having to bring anything else than my tripod.

Sorry for the bad lit iPhone footage but you get the ide. Got both the Focus motor, EVF and the bolt mounted on there nicer than ever before, love it.


https://vimeo.com/198412468


https://vimeo.com/198412564


The cool thing with that is the focus motor and the rest does move with the brain and does not need to sit on rods when going from ronin to tripod or other rigs.
 
I bought the Arri base plate which I ended up returning and buying the Off Hollywood cage. I initially bought Arri because Arri has typically been for me, the best out there. I had a WC for my Epic and it always wiggled a little so lining up a lens support always meant loosing the base plate then retightening. Arri has always had excellent set pins and would line up perfectly. They also have amazing performance integrated thought their line up. However this Arri Weapon Base plate would wiggle the same way as WC. Also the 15mm rods that are designed to go out the back could not be used with a Base Expander and Anton Bauer battery. Finally there are no screw holes on the side to accept a cage (From top to bottom like the mini) So those negatives made me return it. I went for the OH cage on recommendations from friends. I avoided WC for the wiggle issue plus I have multiple bad reports of the Lemo connectors on the top not being reliable. Now Im wondering about the Tilata set up. Ugg.
 
My wooden camera baseplate and top plate with ribs has been super solid. The WC top plate is THE accessory for weapon in my opinion
 
Smallrig
http://www.smallrig.com/SMALLRIG-RED-SCARLET-W-RED-RAVEN-RED-WEAPON-Accessory-Kit-1849.html


15731951_10208480085302014_2017961786856994915_o.j  pg
 
Back
Top