Mark Wuerthner
Well-known member
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2014
- Messages
- 63
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 6
You have me confused Bjorn. Don't you always have to double the pixels when shooting anamorphic and then scale to whatever format you want? I'm guessing as I can't find the actual frame size on the red website but wouldn't Dragon shoot 3792 x 3160 (6:5) and then you would double horizontal pixels and scale down to 4K? Same as Alexa mini? The mini shoots about 1K less in either direction (2631 x 2202) but does shoot about a 20% larger picture area. By the way I am asking these as questions as I am trying to figure out the anamorphic thing.I don't see it as I throw pixels away when I downsample. As it improves noise, sharpness etc. And dubbling the horisontal pixels is quite the opposite of that. But sure if you need to make a 4096x1716 or what ever format that is bigger than what the camera can capture than thats the only way.