Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

The Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome to see the upgrade price for Scarlet-w owners! I am on a shoot so I can't go through the whole thread yet for details, but is it confirmed that the Epic W is 8K S35?
 
Awesome to see the upgrade price for Scarlet-w owners! I am on a shoot so I can't go through the whole thread yet for details, but is it confirmed that the Epic W is 8K S35?


no exact specs have been released. something tells me this will not be an 8k camera.
 
Damn, this is too much a dilemma. If so, helluva deal for all S-W owner. The dilemma is my 1997 Subaru needs to be replaced as well and 2017 was originally going to be - 1) Sigma Cine Primes and 2) new cheapish Kia Soul ($16K or so). But now, I might have skip the car and get Epic-W and Sigma Cine primes and hope my Subaru makes it another year.

Damn... too much torture, LOL.

im with yah gene.. kids tuition just came up... good thing my wife doesnt know about the money i have been stashing away for the next big camera upgrade..
she is going to kill me lol
 
Awesome to see the upgrade price for Scarlet-w owners! I am on a shoot so I can't go through the whole thread yet for details, but is it confirmed that the Epic W is 8K S35?

Jarred Land: Epic-W will be $30k new.

I don't believe that is 8K S35...
 
no exact specs have been released. something tells me this will not be an 8k camera.
Yeah, most likely... I just hope that they aren't sticking to the fixed pixel density of the Dragon/MX sensors (I.e resolutions drop = crop) Because I don't really need 8K but I wouldn't want a sensor smaller than S35... maybe they've got a 6K S35 in one of those ovens :)
 
Oh yeah i WILL be refreshing this page all day!!!

I too would like to know the specs for Epic-W before making that extra $10K commitment. Also if I decide not to jump to Epic-W just yet and go ahead and wait for my Scarlet will I still be able to upgrade for that $10K later? Or is it one of those now or never situations?
 
im with yah gene.. kids tuition just came up... good thing my wife doesnt know about the money i have been stashing away for the next big camera upgrade..
she is going to kill me lol

Haha! I'm the same way. Keep it on the DL then finally spring it on my wife, but downplay it as much as possible.
 
After receiving my Raven, I have to admit my Epic-M has been sitting on the shelf more than it should waiting for something exciting to happen. I could certainly have needed the Raven money for the Epic W upgrade, but then I wouldn't have got the taste for the DSMC2 form factor, nor would I have been able to convince smaller productions to use my Red instead of FS7 (in camera prores has been a game changer for these kind of jobs).
Like Gene says, glass or camera? Tough decisions a head (oh, and some saving to do)
Only parked the Raven for the jobs that require PL mount.
Sure is exciting times we live in
 
Jarred,

any chance Red (or anyone else) is going to make a Side Handle relocator for gimbal work?

Not just for gimbal use, if it has a rosette on it, can use it as an extra grip for a shoulder rig. Such as the Zacuto side handle relocater for C100
 
But you can move anytime? For example can I use the SW for a year (making some $$ from it) and then upgrade?
I have a feeling it will be an expiring offer. Like an announcement in October and then you have until the end of the (month/year) tp place your order.

We never really got confirmation that the Raven-switch priority offer had an end date, but that was also a priority-only and not a monetary discount on the camera, so they aren't quite equivalent.
 
I have a feeling it will be an expiring offer. Like an announcement in October and then you have until the end of the (month/year) tp place your order.

We never really got confirmation that the Raven-switch priority offer had an end date, but that was also a priority-only and not a monetary discount on the camera, so they aren't quite equivalent.

Brent did mention a while back that there would be a very limited window for dragon to helium upgrades
 
That's a great offer for those who want to upgrade to epic - w right now, But what if I just want my s-w? Not trying to be a dick but we've waited a long time for our cameras. I understand the delay, but spending another $10k for a camera that doesn't exist yet after the way this wait has been going sounds too risky to me. I would hope that that wouldn't be a "time limited offer" for those of us who've had to wait and can't afford/don't know if they want to upgrade yet. Making it a limited time offer doesn't exactly remove the fact that we've still waited as long. If that offer is extended to all of us for a long period of time who've been waiting patiently for the last 9+ months until it's financially suitable or within our capabilities to purchase and receive immediately the bitter taste will slowly start to dissipate from my mouth.

I am am just really pumped about the camera I bought a while back and I'd like it to get here soon so I can start enjoying it, there's lots of new cool toys that you guys are bringing out everyday and it's great but I just want the one I chose a while ago.
 
That's a great offer for those who want to upgrade to epic - w right now, But what if I just want my s-w? Not trying to be a dick but we've waited a long time for our cameras. I understand the delay, but spending another $10k for a camera that doesn't exist yet after the way this wait has been going sounds too risky to me. I would hope that that wouldn't be a "time limited offer" for those of us who've had to wait and can't afford/don't know if they want to upgrade yet. Making it a limited time offer doesn't exactly remove the fact that we've still waited as long. If that offer is extended to all of us for a long period of time who've been waiting patiently for the last 9+ months until it's financially suitable or within our capabilities to purchase and receive immediately the bitter taste will slowly start to dissipate from my mouth.

I am am just really pumped about the camera I bought a while back and I'd like it to get here soon so I can start enjoying it, there's lots of new cool toys that you guys are bringing out everyday and it's great but I just want the one I chose a while ago.

Agreed. S-W guys who have $10k laying around, please upgrade so I can get my camera sooner.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top