- Banned
- #81
Hrvoje Simic
Banned
No matter what you think you will see, you will be blown away.
It's a bomb.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: this_feature_currently_requires_accessing_site_using_safari
No matter what you think you will see, you will be blown away.
I've said this many times and I'll say it again. red will want to amortize the r and d costs as much as possible from the RED ONE which means they'll reuse a lot of what they've learned on that project to give us a very capable but less feature rich camera than the RED ONE
I've had a theory for a while they might very well use the Mysterium in the Scarlet, but just limit it to 2K center crop mode. This way there's basically no new costs involved with the Scarlet processor. I'm not sure of the pro's and con's of such a move are, but it is a theory nonetheless.
I've had a theory for a while they might very well use the Mysterium in the Scarlet, but just limit it to 2K center crop mode. This way there's basically no new costs involved with the Scarlet processor. I'm not sure of the pro's and con's of such a move are, but it is a theory nonetheless.
Lots of sad Red Neophytes when it's not the HVX Killer they've always dreamed of.
These kind of "predictions" are cheap and easy. "You'll all be wrong" or "you'll all be disappointed" doesn't really advance the discussion any. What's more interesting is a real prediction, and the logic behind that prediction. Then we'll see in a week who ended up being closest. It's all meant to be fun and encourage discussion as we count down these last few days until the Scarlet announcement.
I've had a theory for a while they might very well use the Mysterium in the Scarlet, but just limit it to 2K center crop mode. This way there's basically no new costs involved with the Scarlet processor. I'm not sure of the pro's and con's of such a move are, but it is a theory nonetheless.
It has to either be an HVX killer or an expensive but tiny 4k camera for tight locations (possibly more expensive than the Red One but otherwise groundbreaking). Where is the market in between the Red One and the HVX?
Some of these predictions don't make any sense. How does a slightly better HVX for $7k really fit in with the Red approach? Make it too much better than an HVX and then they're competing with the Red One. I think that companies like Canon and Sony have been holding back on the prosumer technology just as much as they were holding back on the high end cameras and Red is positioned to make an equally big splash in that marketplace.
35mm depth of field without an adapter would be the killer app for that indie filmmaker segment but I'm not sure it's physically possible within the "pocket camera" concept. Other than that, give us a camera with simple full manual control, a nicely built, professional feeling body, 24p and RAW shooting for under the price of a HVX and you own that market.
It's a bomb.
history will be littered with people telling all of what red couldn't achieve and did![]()
I've wondered about that too, but with the heat issues the RED initially had, wouldn't the problems with heat disspation be magnified by a smaller chassis?
my opinion for all it's worth (not very much) :
the Mysterium chip rejects might be used but not as centre crops. It should be technically possible to down-sample the raw file and output an image that has 16bit latitude but at 2k, gaining contrast resolution at the expense of spatial resolution, with hot pixels mapped out at the factory.