Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Rokinon Lens Kits

Nobody needs to get them from Duclos.... You can buy the Cine DS lenses anywhere. Hell, I think even Office Max sells Rokinon lenses these days. But if you're going to fork over your hard earned pennies for a Rokinon Cine DS lens, why not get it from someone who actually cares about your work and the quality of a lens? The big-box stores don't give a shit about lens sales. They want you to buy filters and memory cards that they're making 100% profit on. Call any of those larger chains and ask them if they can tell you what the image circle required for Red Dragon is. They won't even know what you're talking about. :prrr:


LIKE button pushed ;)
 
Just got my set and from a very brief, quick look, I'm totally digging their look. Yes, the build is plastic-y, but then again, I see them as a great starter lens kit. The 1.5 is going to come in very useful… despite all its issues. I recently swapped my STH OLPF for the low light, and it made sense to get the fastest lens possible for those low light situations.
 
For me the plastic is not all bad : it is very light compared to metal lenses... But they have less durability.
 
Just ordered the 16mm and 135mm.

I think thats it for me :)

Was never sold on the 14mm, anyone care to chime in?
 
I'm about to finally buy a set and if i don't hate them ill keep them...if not its back to BH
 
Just used the 16mm Rokinon on a project shooting 6K HD. There is some light falloff on the corners, by eye I would say 1/4 stop of light loss on the edges, but totally usable and very sharp.
 
just ordered a 4 ds lens set
 
Been using the 85 for a while, and I like it better than Canon's 85 L. Just got the 4-lens DS set, and so far they all seem great for the price. Quite a bit of breathing on at least one of them, but what do you expect.
 
Nobody needs to get them from Duclos.... You can buy the Cine DS lenses anywhere. Hell, I think even Office Max sells Rokinon lenses these days. But if you're going to fork over your hard earned pennies for a Rokinon Cine DS lens, why not get it from someone who actually cares about your work and the quality of a lens? The big-box stores don't give a shit about lens sales. They want you to buy filters and memory cards that they're making 100% profit on. Call any of those larger chains and ask them if they can tell you what the image circle required for Red Dragon is. They won't even know what you're talking about. :prrr:

OK, late to this thread but caught it while searching the forum for Rokinon. I get that a lot of folks are liking the DS line, thats awesome. I am in the market for a lens set, but can't afford a set of Leica Summicron-C's (or anything remotely close to that price tag for that matter). I really love lenses with character. Milky flaring and great body. From what I hear, the Rokinon's aren't that.

Matthew. Would you say that your conversion on these DS's bring some of that magic? If so, to what extent?
 
Back
Top