Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED ONE M-X Sensor Upgrade Program

Where do I stand???

Where do I stand???

Our camera has been issued RMA for MX upgrade, payments made and camera is shipped and will reach RED MX upgrade deparetment in 2-3 days. So where do I stand.
Thks
 
We sent our camera yesterday without this information...that no fare...we receive a email from M-X program 9th Oct RED maintain that upgrade will take place in 10 -15 days max...Few days before RED say 7 days..

Now they say that take 2 months...crazy. That the worse moment for us we are plan a shooting in this end of octobre ( we need MX lot low light )

Also we charge of 4300€ for his program and we pay last week
 
Okay, more clearly, if people have sent in cameras or put in payments for an upgrade, it would be nuts of RED to delay them just to supply the first batch of EPICs a little earlier. The existing customers already have cameras they are using and shouldn't be delayed. The first batch of EPIC customers are waiting and have waited a long time anyway so support the existing users first.

Huh?

Jim said they are different packages - I.e. The mount and pin config are different - so it really doesn't matter.

But, again, Huh? I don't understand your logic - I thought epic-x WAS my mysterium-x upgrade - and dutifully paid my 5K deposit for stage 2 almost six months ago because it is the quickest way to get Epic which I want for both the new sensor and the other "obsolescence obsolete" features.

And truthfully, it's a bit delayed beyond what I even pessimistically imagined. Not bitchin' but if there is any prioritizing to be done (not saying there is) it should be to those that have already ordered and paid substantial deposits - NOT mx upgrades which are - regardless of current ownership of an R1 - new orders. Just sayin' and not directed at Red, but others that might think like you.
 
Harcharan, you should have gotten an email blast with information. if not, please contact your MX coordinator (Nick or John) for more info.

Jeremy, as soon as we knew the scope of the delay, we notified here in on REDUSER and sent an out an email blast. If we had known sooner, we would have notified you sooner. Again, we truly do apologize for this.

We are all here just as frustrated as you - we have an entire team dedicated to MX upgrades that is itching to do more. As Jim said, we are pushing every button we can to reduce the duration of this delay.

If you want to vent at someone (which you have every right to do), just shoot me an email at brent - at - red - dot - com or call 949.206.7900.

BC
 
what does the delay mean for RED1 cameras ordered now? Would these not be available before the end of November or is there still existing stock of MX-equipped R1's ready to go now?
 
what does the delay mean for RED1 cameras ordered now? Would these not be available before the end of November or is there still existing stock of MX-equipped R1's ready to go now?

We had RED ONE's will M-X sensors already manufactured before this pause and have a limited number remaining for purchase until we can make more.

BC
 
Hi,
I got the most dreaded and unexpected mail today.

I am trying to get back my camera by informing FEDEX. But it is quite sad and hope RED will do something to come out of this crisis.I AM SURE THEY WILL.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
HS
 
Last edited:
Not that big of a deal in this case, but please refrain from posting direct emails from RED on the forum. We do have the "This e-mail is the property of RED Digital Cinema Camera Company. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited" disclaimer at the bottom of our emails.

Again, not a big deal in this case, but we like to make sure communication between us and the customer directly is kept between those two parties.

Thanks, guys.
BC
 
RED Policy

RED Policy

Hi,
I just wanted to show how RED care for their customers by offering compensation for shipping etc. But still EDITED the thread...(actually never read the disclaimer)
HS
 
Hang in there... we are working on it.

Jim

I'm hanging...all fine...the RED even without an MX in it is a great camera...love it as it is...just waiting for it to come back from it's long trip to LA...
 
Jeremy - not Jim or Jarred...but I can say we are doing all we can still on this front. We MAY be able to restart the M-X upgrades a little sooner than expected - but until we have concrete information, we are sticking with what Jarred has already posted as a timeline (ie, "end of November").

BC
 
I got mine home from the upgrade on Friday, started shooting with it Saturday. As soon as the DP saw the image on the LD, he sadi "New Camera"!!!

Sorry for others delays, but def worth it!

Lucky you...
 
Any updates?

We are eagerly awaiting for the resuming of the sensor updates...
 
Yes! But I guess there will be a big backlog once they do start upgrading again...
Going by serial number again?

My suggestion is, if you don't need the camera, pay your MX upgrade,
get the RMA and send the camera in.

MX upgrade do not go in order of Serial or Delivery date at this point, but in order in which they received the cameras in.
 
Back
Top