Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED ONE M-X Sensor Upgrade Program

I tend to think the whole tungsten issue gets blown out of proportion a bit on the M sensor.

I agreee.... Ive been shooting mostly tungsten for the past year.. and i have never had noise issues..

If you know how to shoot tungsten lighting with the red.. then you wont have an issue.. but alot of guys freak out.. and stop their camera down 2 stops with a 80A.. totally unnecessary but whatever.
 
I agreee.... Ive been shooting mostly tungsten for the past year.. and i have never had noise issues..

If you know how to shoot tungsten lighting with the red.. then you wont have an issue.. but alot of guys freak out.. and stop their camera down 2 stops with a 80A.. totally unnecessary but whatever.

I like lighting with tung AND day AND flo AND whatever I can get my hands on all at same time!
 
Does upgrading the sensor force you into stage 1 or 2? Can the camera still be traded in for stage 3 and the credit? If it is traded in for stage 3, and the camera has the upgrade, will the credit be the same, or will there be a higher credit?

These are all questions I have yet to find definitive answers to, and would be helpful in the decision making process ... I'm still wanting to upgrade my camera, but the longer I wait, and the closer Epic gets, the less likely it is becoming that I'll go that route ...
 
Does upgrading the sensor force you into stage 1 or 2? Can the camera still be traded in for stage 3 and the credit? If it is traded in for stage 3, and the camera has the upgrade, will the credit be the same, or will there be a higher credit?

These are all questions I have yet to find definitive answers to, and would be helpful in the decision making process ... I'm still wanting to upgrade my camera, but the longer I wait, and the closer Epic gets, the less likely it is becoming that I'll go that route ...

I have been asking the same question for a couple of months now - both in this thread;

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39841

...and privately with Deanan. The overwhelming response has been that the upgrade programs are extremely generous and I should suck it up.

Even an update in schedule (which doesn't seem to be asking much) is met with silence.

I will be upgrading my REDONE because I can't have an obsolete camera sitting on a shelf while I wait for the EPIC.

Cost of doing business, I guess.

The new sensor is amazing - and I will want to shoot from now on, whenever possible.
 
Met with silence? I know I have posted at least a couple of times saying that we cannot give estimates on schedule until we have more historical data on take rate. And, frankly, people are loving the sensor so take rate has been through the roof. So am REALLY glad we did not post an initial schedule...

And, M-X upgrade has no bearing on Stages program. You trade it in, you still get the $17,500 credit for the RED ONE - regardless of sensor.

BC
 
Met with silence? I know I have posted at least a couple of times saying that we cannot give estimates on schedule until we have more historical data on take rate. And, frankly, people are loving the sensor so take rate has been through the roof. So am REALLY glad we did not post an initial schedule...

And, M-X upgrade has no bearing on Stages program. You trade it in, you still get the $17,500 credit for the RED ONE - regardless of sensor.

BC

Should have clarified Brent.

I was referring to an update on EPIC schedule so that we can make informed decisions on whether or not to upgrade our REDONE's.
 
Love is in the air... :)

Everyone needs to take a few deep breaths and relax a little. We are getting alot of frantic emails from customers concerned about R1's going extinct so they want the upgrade yesterday even though they are last in line, a whole whack of people in a rage about people they think are jumping in line, and a bunch of people people begging to jump the line.

We all need to remember the M-X upgrade program is a really good thing. It take the cameras that most of you have been more than happy with and that you all (hopefully) love and brings them to a whole new level, for a relatively low upgrade fee. But it takes time.

We are doing our best, we opened up a completely new facility and hired a strike force just to handle the logistics and facilitate the process of the upgrade so the wait would be minimized. We had one of the CNC machines in lake forest that makes a part for the upgrade break down so there has been a bit of a stall the last 2 weeks. But we are up and running again as of literally this morning.

I ask for a bit of patience and understanding here.. it sucks for us to work so hard to offers something so special to our customers and to be met with frustration and disappointment.
 
Love is in the air... :)

Everyone needs to take a few deep breaths and relax a little. We are getting alot of frantic emails from customers concerned about R1's going extinct so they want the upgrade yesterday even though they are last in line, a whole whack of people in a rage about people they think are jumping in line, and a bunch of people people begging to jump the line.

We all need to remember the M-X upgrade program is a really good thing. It take the cameras you all have and brings them to a whole new level, for a relatively low upgrade fee. But it takes time.

We are doing our best, we opened up a completely new facility and hired a strike force just to handle the logistics and facilitate the process of the upgrade so the wait would be minimized. We had one of the CNC machines in lake forest that makes a part for the upgrade break down so there has been a bit of a stall the last 2 weeks. But we are up and running again as of literally this morning.

I ask for a bit of patience and understanding here.. it sucks for us to work so hard to give something so special ( in my opinion ) to our customers and to be met with frustration and disappointment.

But still no comment on EPIC schedule to help answer Ryan's query in this thread?
 
And, M-X upgrade has no bearing on Stages program. You trade it in, you still get the $17,500 credit for the RED ONE - regardless of sensor.

That is good to know- and new information to me. According to the document on red.com regarding the stages, the sensor upgrade is only offered to stage 1 & 2. Or rather to be more precise it is not mentioned in the text of stage 3 or 4.

Dylan,

Thanks for the reply. The new sensor is impressive for sure, and I am really looking forward to shooting with it ASAP. :)
 
Epic will be released when it is done. That is the best answer we can give. We have found along time ago that invention and deadline are conflicting terms.
 
Epic will be released when it is done. That is the best answer we can give. We have found along time ago that invention and deadline are conflicting terms.
Don't release it until it is "right", as they say in the restaurant where I eat, "Good food takes time to prepare".
 
I ask for a bit of patience and understanding here.. it sucks for us to work so hard to give something so special ( in my opinion ) to our customers and to be met with frustration and disappointment.

I can completely understand and appreciate the situation you are in. I am grateful for the new sensor and the opportunity to put it into my camera when my number comes up. And with the missed deadlines in the past, I can understand the hesitation about wanting to mention any time table about the Epic & Scarlet.

However, what I still do not comprehend, is how there cannot be a rough guess as to a schedule of the sensor upgrade program. To me, and my simple mind, it seems like a simple math equation to give an estimated time table. If you have a crack team of 10 tech who can process 10 cameras a week, then that means you can process 100 cameras a week. And that would translate into 400 cameras a month if every single owner opted to upgrade. Every single owner will not upgrade, and you will run into problems, like equipment failure, and these two factors should balance each other out (hopefully). So if we, the customer had this kind of rough information, I could then at least get a rough idea of when my number might come up by extrapolating it out ...

Anyway, keep up the great work- I really do appreciate how Red is push things forward and not letting up.
 
Epic will be released when it is done. That is the best answer we can give. We have found along time ago that invention and deadline are conflicting terms.

Best answer yet! Thanks Jarred!

Dylan, lots of hints all over here... but can you blame them for being cautious?...your tone seems to be getting more curt lately btw...

Look, EPIC has the most advanced ASIC ever... lets say they say its ready March 1... (id bet not) then add TATTOO PROGRAM.... 2 to 3 months minimum for testing... and its now June.

Can you recoup the upgrade cost between now and June? Then do it, if not, then wait ... seems pretty simple to me.

But you seem to want definitive dates from a company that is innovating daily... really?

with all due respect... can you at least maybe lighten up a tad ? thanks!

cheers!
 
Back
Top