Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Raven Queue Put Together

Crossing fingers, I'm like 15 places in our current list from where we are now so let's hope it does move cuz I'm super ready to get mine. Today my DSLR officially died :(
 
After almost a year .... I finally picked up my baby today at the RED store in Miami !!!!!! will post some pics soon !
 
After almost a year .... I finally picked up my baby today at the RED store in Miami !!!!!! will post some pics soon !
You got it before me! not fair! :( my timestamp is 13 days before yours! Anyway... Happy for you MAN!
 
You got it before me! not fair! :( my timestamp is 13 days before yours! Anyway... Happy for you MAN!

Well, international shipping is always a pain. I'm from Austria, so I assume I'll have to wait just as long as you do, or anyone else living in Europe.
 
Well, international shipping is always a pain. I'm from Austria, so I assume I'll have to wait just as long as you do, or anyone else living in Europe.
Oh yessss a real pain in the *** ;) ! My rep just said to me: no news from HQ!
 
Thanks for the message Darryl. Interesting to hear my Scarlet W will appear before the Raven. Even having one on hand will be an interesting challenge as it will be cut with FS7 footage until the other cam arrives. Should make for a fun spring in post!
I was told I should have ordered through a dealer (from a dealer) but I guess it's too late for that as my orders are already in. The note I got from RED was that the Scarlet W will arrive in early 2017. Of course in my mind that automatically means January. In reality it probably means by the end of March.
 
No allocations after 11/13 date stamp? Once I think things are moving fast, then everything slows down! :(
 
No allocations after 11/13 date stamp? Once I think things are moving fast, then everything slows down! :(

Probably holding off for a true idea of just how many people will jump to Epic-W. That affects Dragon sensor production with all the Scarlet's, I would assume Raven would be affected as well.

Edit: Jarred said in the Update thread that Scarlet-W's are going as fast as ever. So disregard the above.
 
Last edited:
So what exactly do the upgrade options currently look like for people in line for a Raven delivery? Or is the only option to switch to Scarlet-W? And if so, is the original Raven time stamp honored? I know this has been discussed, just don't have the time to browse through 100+ page threads to find the answer.
 
So what exactly do the upgrade options currently look like for people in line for a Raven delivery? Or is the only option to switch to Scarlet-W? And if so, is the original Raven time stamp honored? I know this has been discussed, just don't have the time to browse through 100+ page threads to find the answer.

From my understanding if you are interested in upgrading to Epic W from Raven - and importantly if you do not have your Raven yet - then you are best to switch your deposit for a Raven to Scarlet W. It would be best to contact your Bomb Squad rep before the 11th to do this as the deal may be very popular. From my understanding you would keep your original Raven deposit time stamp. From my understanding anyone that has paid a deposit for a Scarlet W but not received their camera would have priority over others who have received a Raven or Scarlet W.
As far as I understand the approximate maths for a Raven deposit holder like myself could be;
Raven with I/O package & 4.7' screen deal approx $10,000
Upgrade to similar package in Scarlet W approx extra $5,000
Epic W special offer to Scarlet W deposit holders $10,000
So a Epic W with I/O vlock and 4.7' screen would cost $25,000 which is much cheaper than just body only price with no Scarlet W deposit holder deal at $30,000
If interested you may want to make the switch to Scarlet W ASAP

For myself with a weaker Australian dollar compared to USD, I am staying with the Raven. $33,000 Au is too much for me and thats not including the $3,300 GST I would need to pay.
I figure that 4.5K is more than enough in my market (Tassie) and I just can't see myself needing the extra resolution enough to warrant more than twice the price of a Raven
If I happen to get a project that requires 8K then I would be better off to hire and have used the extra $ towards other needs.
 
I'm in the same boat with having a Raven ordered with Image One and a Scarlet-W in order with RED. The Epic-W deal is unreal but you have to ask yourself, even with the discount.... You can get 2 Scarlet-W brains vs 1 Epic-W. We do mostly documentary and interview work so I think Id rather have 2 Scarlets :-)
 
I'm in the same boat with having a Raven ordered with Image One and a Scarlet-W in order with RED. The Epic-W deal is unreal but you have to ask yourself, even with the discount.... You can get 2 Scarlet-W brains vs 1 Epic-W. We do mostly documentary and interview work so I think Id rather have 2 Scarlets :-)

Yes I agree, for doco work having 2 matching cameras is often a lot more useful than one really good camera.
 
I got my Raven about a month ago. Ordered through Abel Cine Chicago. It's amazing. Looks like I'll be sending it in soon though. My intake fans are making a weird noise.
 
Back
Top