Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

pro res vs r3d

All depends how far you want to push it form what ever your 422HQ lands. If you are dead on where you want to be one could argue that the result shooting 422HQ straight from the bat will look better. But why do it? Why not shoot both? Whats the bottle neck, the amount of mags needed? The HDD space, or the slowdown in post. Most of those can be quite easily solved.
 
All depends how far you want to push it form what ever your 422HQ lands. If you are dead on where you want to be one could argue that the result shooting 422HQ straight from the bat will look better. But why do it? Why not shoot both? Whats the bottle neck, the amount of mags needed? The HDD space, or the slowdown in post. Most of those can be quite easily solved.


2 128gb mags. no way around that right now
 
lighting wise Im not concerned.. I dont ever touch my asa after I shoot. I light for what I want and thats that. coloring would be my only issue.. Im use to coloring 4444 all day long.. but I dont have that option.. 422HQ which I dont think ive really ever played with in terms of pushing color
 
If you know what your doing I would not worry much. A lot of times when time when time is short and I just don't want the hassle of fiddling with r3d´s I just use the 2k prores LT and grade that, if its for 1080 and web, and the colors is somewhat correctly dialed in right, then no one will see the difference.
 
422 is broadcast quality(live news etc..), when you have to push some color always go 444(4) or even better RAW(more dynamic range and more color).
 
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't a 6:1 R3D @ 2k 16:9 actually smaller in size than a 1920x1080 ProRes HQ file?
 
You'll notice the prores is cleaner
 
What is the "thing"?

I get odd colors in playback on my r3d's on monstrowhen in ipp2 mode, don't know what I do wrong, But then I click the r3d sign and get it to play the baked prores instead. But I guess I do something wrong or it's a still to be fixed thingy.
 
Back
Top